#1 RobbieBobbie

RobbieBobbie

Big Panda ๐Ÿผ

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 57 posts
    • LocationEngland

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:25 AM

Soooo my poop MacBook is RIP, can someone please give me advice on a laptop that's decent but not crazy priced. It's mostly for coaching session plans, editing pictures and playing the occasional bit of RuneScape/football manager ๐Ÿ˜Š please help me. Also if you recommend a tablet instead please let me know ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Thank you tech god's

#2 DaddyRaven

DaddyRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 115 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:23 AM

I have had good results with dell laptops; you can find many that are pretty reasonably priced.  I use my desktop pc a lot more than my laptop so I wsn't going to spend like $800+ on a laptop.  I got mine for under $250.  CHeck their website for good deals.  Also, HP laptops aren't too bad for the kind of activities you use yours for.  

#3 RobbieBobbie

RobbieBobbie

Big Panda ๐Ÿผ

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 57 posts
    • LocationEngland

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

Ok thank you

#4 ๐ŸŒธStella๐ŸŒธ

๐ŸŒธStella๐ŸŒธ

Winx

• 702 posts
    • LocationEarth

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Did you try PCWorld? Tbh, whenever I go into Tesco or Sainsbury's, I always have a look at their laptops and their prices are excellent. I would maybe try the supermarkets. You won't be using it for anything fancy like video editing or design stuff so the supermarket ones might be a shout.

The laptop that I'm using right now is an HP, I got it five years ago, and it's still working well. It's probably one of the best laptops I've ever owned.

• DaddyRaven and RobbieBobbie like this

tumblr_static_5v9t2mr2jgsoccwg04k8cggk.gI'm an angel, sweetheart and spoiled princess.tumblr_static_5v9t2mr2jgsoccwg04k8cggk.g

#5 TheShadow

TheShadow

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 33 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

Hey,

I would actually suggest that you buy it online. The prices in the UK are quite high compared to the rest of the countries. If you could, but it in mainland Europe where it is slightly cheaper. I am unsure of the customs involved when purchasing (EU based websites) and getting it delivered in the UK but if you have more info of that the better for you. In case you'd like more details about e-commerce, I can send you a lot of options but then again it is mostly EU based websites. In some cases, I have found a price difference greater than 100 Euro when comparing sites in Czech republic to say German or France. and most sites offer delivery at relatively low costs.

My advice compare multiple sites and go for the more reliable + less expensive option than a store (Most stores offer higher prices than what you can find online)

First choose your operating system and your minimum requirements. Then you should be able to find it without a problem

In my experience an i3 processor +4 GB should suffice but then again, I'm not really sure.

#6 RobbieBobbie

RobbieBobbie

Big Panda ๐Ÿผ

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 57 posts
    • LocationEngland

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

Oh ok thank you

#7 ๐ŸŒธStella๐ŸŒธ

๐ŸŒธStella๐ŸŒธ

Winx

• 702 posts
    • LocationEarth

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

Oh ok thank you

If you do buy from mainland Europe, or America.... Please remember we have different plugs .-. I've made this mistake before >.>

tumblr_static_5v9t2mr2jgsoccwg04k8cggk.gI'm an angel, sweetheart and spoiled princess.tumblr_static_5v9t2mr2jgsoccwg04k8cggk.g

#8 RobbieBobbie

RobbieBobbie

Big Panda ๐Ÿผ

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 57 posts
    • LocationEngland

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

Haha yeah good reminder thank you
    • ๐ŸŒธStella๐ŸŒธ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tech, Laptop

0 user(s) are reading this topic