6 replies to this topic

#1 Ganteous

Ganteous

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 23 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:06 AM

Hey so I'm curious, I haven't seen anyone from India and was even wondering if there are people out there that are into ddlg. I feel like I'm the only one and it's kind of sad.
    It's hard to balance the Indian society with American society already and adding Ddlg into it is a new mix.
    I guess it's a two part question.

1. Are there any indian people into ddlg that you have seen or are yourself.
    2. How do you manage your different personas?

#2 LittleGoddess

LittleGoddess

Mischief Maker

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 36 posts
    • LocationTN/NC/VA

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

I'm of Indian origin. From Mumbai originally, but grew up in the US.

#3 Ganteous

Ganteous

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 23 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:07 AM

I'm of Indian origin. From Mumbai originally, but grew up in the US.

That the word I was looking for, Origin.
    It seems difficult to meet Indians here, it of Indian Origin.
    How do you deal with the different personas. The India society and American mixture.

#4 LittleGoddess

LittleGoddess

Mischief Maker

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 36 posts
    • LocationTN/NC/VA

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

I'm pretty much Americanized. I have some very good friends in India, where my parents live now, but 99% of my friends are American, which means I'm not really straddling both cultures.

Most of the Indians I know would be too conventional to be able to handle the likes of me. I'm artistic, sexually very liberal and I don't dress as formally or conservatively as the typical Indian woman. Plus I have the unfortunate habit of speaking my mind, which tends to unsettle most Indian men.

But if I were to immerse myself in Indian American culture, I imagine I'd have to lead a bit of a double life: What is appropriate around my American friends would be considered outlandish with Indian friends. At least the ones I know.

#5 Guest_Avantaya_*

Guest_Avantaya_*
    • Guests

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:10 AM

I am an Indian little from India. Hello

#6 Ganteous

Ganteous

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 23 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

I'm pretty much Americanized. I have some very good friends in India, where my parents live now, but 99% of my friends are American, which means I'm not really straddling both cultures.

Most of the Indians I know would be too conventional to be able to handle the likes of me. I'm artistic, sexually very liberal and I don't dress as formally or conservatively as the typical Indian woman. Plus I have the unfortunate habit of speaking my mind, which tends to unsettle most Indian men.

But if I were to immerse myself in Indian American culture, I imagine I'd have to lead a bit of a double life: What is appropriate around my American friends would be considered outlandish with Indian friends. At least the ones I know.

Interesting, I'm in the same boat. Born and raised here. Mostly American friends but I still seem to get confused. The struggles real

#7 Ganteous

Ganteous

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 23 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

I am an Indian little from India. Hello

Hey, Avantaya. Nice to meet you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indian, India, Manage, Personal, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users