DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

What's the obsession with suit wearing DDs

KingHarlus

I truly don't get it. Especially since they're almost always the super tight Dr. Seuss looking ones. I'll never understand that trend. But, I digress. 

Thoughts? 

I'm not a fan of suits. They're necessary for the most formal occasions of course, but otherwise they make me think of stuffy businessmen. I far prefer a partner wearing a cuddly sweatshirt and jeans. But I guess I'm not looking for a dom anyway? I think it's the wealth and power a suit conveys, which some are into (and that's ok), but I am definitely not.

Wealth and power, because only international business moguls and multi billionaires can afford a $180 suit

It's an Image thing. Makes you seem more successful/authoritative/dominant. To many women that's attractive. It's like how guys enjoy seeing women in a sundress.

I think they’re rather dapper. I’d take my Daddy out for Pizza in one of those bad boys.

Sit and watch some GoT eating cheetos, watching as the cheeto dust sparkles on his bowtie, shirt buttons undone sporadically.

• Like 1

There was a thread on this exact topic not too long ago. Tried searching for it but couldn't find it. >< Try using the search function and something may come up though!

Guest Looby-Lou

Yes ... a recent thread

"Avatar/Profile pictures, differences between D/s"

That's the title of the thread. It's also in this General Discussion section, just scroll a bit down the page.

Hopefully one of the Mods can put a link, I don't know how to.

Looby  :)

Edited by Looby-Lou
  • Like 1

Guest Looby-Lou

I truly don't get it. Especially since they're almost always the super tight Dr. Seuss looking ones. I'll never understand that trend. But, I digress. 

Thoughts? 

Is your avatar a suit of armour? I can't see it clearly but that's what it looks like. Which to me is the same "type" of image a suit conveys...strong, masculine, capable, leader, dominant, sexy, etc.

Just like a lot of littles put pics with teddy bears or paci's or cute hairstyles to convey an image. Personally, i won't post public pics of myself with a paci or little clothing because for some DD's it's sexually provocative so to me it's the same as posing in bra & knickers - something i prefer to keep private.

If the suit thing wasn't popular, the DD's wouldn't do it. So obviously it works LOL.

Yeah, i love a man in a well fitting suit. But most of all i like the buttons and the belt, so it could be nice jeans with a shirt and belt too. I don't like the headless suits, stock photos. 

In some ways the avatar photo is like the first glimpse of someone and people want to put their best self forward. I like to see someone's face most of all, but that's just me.

Edited by Looby-Lou

I think they’re rather dapper. I’d take my Daddy out for Pizza in one of those bad boys.

Sit and watch some GoT eating cheetos, watching as the cheeto dust sparkles on his bowtie, shirt buttons undone sporadically.

You had me at Game of Thrones 

Is your avatar a suit of armour? I can't see it clearly but that's what it looks like. Which to me is the same "type" of image a suit conveys...strong, masculine, capable, leader, dominant, sexy, etc.

Just like a lot of littles put pics with teddy bears or paci's or cute hairstyles to convey an image. Personally, i won't post public pics of myself with a paci or little clothing because for some DD's it's sexually provocative so to me it's the same as posing in bra & knickers - something i prefer to keep private.

If the suit thing wasn't popular, the DD's wouldn't do it. So obviously it works LOL.

Yeah, i love a man in a well fitting suit. But most of all i like the buttons and the belt, so it could be nice jeans with a shirt and belt too. I don't like the headless suits, stock photos. 

In some ways the avatar photo is like the first glimpse of someone and people want to put their best self forward. I like to see someone's face most of all, but that's just me.

Chainmail with a breastplate, but sure suit of armor. Why not 

• Like 1

Guest Looby-Lou

Chainmail with a breastplate, but sure suit of armor. Why not 

Umm, if it seemed that my post was criticising your choice then I apologise. It's great! And rather original  :D

Your original post was querying the attraction of men wearing suits, and I was just saying the suit of armour conveys (to me) some of the same traits as a man wearing a different kind of suit.

Personally, I find a man in a well cut, propperly fitting suit to be very sexy. I also find a man in a well cut doublet and breeches sexy. It's more about how he carries himself and the fit of his clothing, than any symbolism for me. Edited by LittleCelticLass

An obsession I find is a bit of an overstatement. Women like to look presentable when there is an occasion that calls for it. Men like to do the same. I dont think most doms wear a suit just for the heck of it, but when stepping in public I would never take it as a bad sign. My granddad didnt even take out the trash without wearing one, some older gentleman I worked with in the past always wore a suit - Not because they were obsessed about a suit, but because it is an older generations form of presentable clothing. Many doms are challenging themselves towards being that old fashioned type of gentleman by nature. That includes actions, way of thinking, attire and manners, it just so happens that a suit is a mans dress, and there are a wide variety that allows a more casual look even while wearin one, or a part of it.

Caring about self image and looking presentable - especially in the company of a beautiful woman? Absolutely!
Obsession? Unlikely.

PS.
Also, im interested, why on earth do you talk down on the comments and opinions on your own thread? Youre asking a question, not making a statement that needs defence.
To quote a great movie: Manners make'th man.

• Like 2

An obsession I find is a bit of an overstatement. Women like to look presentable when there is an occasion that calls for it. Men like to do the same. I dont think most doms wear a suit just for the heck of it, but when stepping in public I would never take it as a bad sign. My granddad didnt even take out the trash without wearing one, some older gentleman I worked with in the past always wore a suit - Not because they were obsessed about a suit, but because it is an older generations form of presentable clothing. Many doms are challenging themselves towards being that old fashioned type of gentleman by nature. That includes actions, way of thinking, attire and manners, it just so happens that a suit is a mans dress, and there are a wide variety that allows a more casual look even while wearin one, or a part of it.

Caring about self image and looking presentable - especially in the company of a beautiful woman? Absolutely!

Obsession? Unlikely.

PS.

Also, im interested, why on earth do you talk down on the comments and opinions on your own thread? Youre asking a question, not making a statement that needs defence.

To quote a great movie: Manners make'th man.

Well said, thank you!

I think it makes a DD look like they're responsible, very adult, put together, looks more bossy too, for us brats. Same with beards, idk what it is about a beard and a suit, just so classy somehow. imo. 

• Like 1