DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

I’d love some advice

CactusJack

I’ll preface this by letting you know I’m very new to DDLG and have only done some research on terminology and the like. So recently a friend I’ve had for almost a year now and have been crushing on for the entire time revealed to me that she has recently been getting into ddlg, as well as revealing her little and showing me her stuffies. Early into our friendship she showed interest in me that I only realized this in hindsight when it was too late to act. She has a boyfriend who she seems very happy with. Why would she reveal this to me? I asked a friend who is much more experienced in DDLG and he said she potentially might be eyeing me up as her DD. Could this be possible? Or is my friend way off the mark? Why would she be so open about it to someone who’s not involved with her sexually?

It depends on the timeline really. Did she already know u are interested in DD/LG? If so, it is likely she wanted to bond over the common interest. If she didn't know and randomly told u...then it's possible she simply wanted to share her interest or true self with u. Some ppl feel the need to tell their family or friends that they are a little and into DD/LG etc. I suppose they enjoy the comfort of their friend/family knowing why they may be acting the way they are at the moment like, "oh maybe she is talking a bit differently because she is in littlespace" and so on. u have to also be mindful that even tho DD/LG is a kink, it doesn't mean it is always sexual. For example, in the past I have liked being in 'little mode' around some friends and I enjoyed when they entertained that side of me, but that didn't mean I wanted them as a caregiver. For a lot of ppl, being a little is a huge part of who they are, and some things can just be innocent fun like her showing u her stuffies. Obviously, I can not say what her reasoning or intentions are for revealing her little side to u. Perhaps she is interested in ur caregiving side and as a potential partner, but maybe not. Since she is taken, and seemingly happily so, I would steer towards caution. The best way to know how she feels is simply to ask her. If u feel it is inappropriate for her to behave in 'little mode' around u, because for u that space is reserved for a romantic interest in ur life, then I suggest telling her and setting boundaries.

Is her relationship vanilla or DDlg? if it's vanilla yes she could be looking at you as a caregiver but then again if she just discovered it is most likely she is just excited she has someone to share this new world with.

Since you have a crush on her you are probably overthinking it and have a tad bit of wishful thinking.

Like Babydoll said, it doesn't have to be sexual, there is a difference between a fetish and the lifestyle. Fetish is like a fantasy, you want to role-play and play dress up, act a scene up, you get it over with and forget about it... or you do it again once in a while because you enjoy it so much but you don't make it part of your life, you don't need it if that makes sense.