DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Working through Littlespace when my daddy is gone

Ddslittle

Hello, I'm relatively new to being little, and even more so being little in a relationship. My daddy is a firefighter and sometimes he has to leave abruptly when I am in littlespace. This is when being in littlespace becomes difficult for me, because it is such an abrupt change and kind of startling. I go from being little and being taken care of by my daddy, and then being little and being alone. For me to be at my healthiest I think it is important for me to work through this, has anyone ever experienced something like this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 1

I don't have a caregiver at all, so I haven't experienced this, but maybe you could have firefighter themed toys or pictures to help. Like when your daddy has to leave, tell yourself he's going to rescue people and then break out the fire engine toy and act out what you imagine your daddy's doing. Or draw pictures of fire fighting.

• Like 2

Guest SheepishPrince

When your daddy leaves you could try doing calmer little activities, like watching cartoons or taking a nap!

You could also try finding a babysitter, theres a lot of people who like babysitting instead of having full time littles and if you could find a good one then when daddy leaves you can talk with your sitter!

• Like 2

Hello, I'm relatively new to being little, and even more so being little in a relationship. My daddy is a firefighter and sometimes he has to leave abruptly when I am in littlespace. This is when being in littlespace becomes difficult for me, because it is such an abrupt change and kind of startling. I go from being little and being taken care of by my daddy, and then being little and being alone. For me to be at my healthiest I think it is important for me to work through this, has anyone ever experienced something like this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I remember this happened once, and i feel so sad. I felt like i was being abandoned by my caregiver. In my case, my daddy was able to notice i was not feeling well, so he invited me to go with him. While we were walking to the place where he had to go, slowly i become adult-me again, and then i felt better. 

As your hubsband is a firefighter, i imagine that going with him can be dangerous. 

Usually when parents have to leave alone their kids, they give them tasks to do, like a kind of homework. 

Something that can make you feel better is to have prepared some activities that you can practice alone (Depending of you little space age, it can be from reading a book, sensorial books, watching cartoons, or even resolving maths problems), this will allow you to not change from little-you to adult-you so suddenly, 

If you feel alone another thing that you can do, is to prepare a surprise for your daddy. you can write a letter, draw a picture or make a plastiline figure for him. As a firefighter, your daddy is a superhero that save lifes. He doesn't leave because he does not want to be with you, he's like superman or batman.  Superdaddy! A caring dad with his little, and a superhero when inocent people are in trouble. That's so cool :D  

Edited by little_mist
  • Like 2

Maybe you can get a special firefighter stuffie that he can give to you only when he has to go away.  Along with maybe a picture of him? 

• Like 2