New here. Completely unsure

daddyslittlefrenchprincess

So after weeks if reading about ddlg and confirming to myself over and over that I have always been a little- I just had no idea it was a "thing"- I'm finally getting up the nerve to dive into

Some of these forums and get to know others and learn more. I am OLD, 43 to be exact. I do not look my age nor does my personality reflect that I am old. It seems everything I read about ddlg that it's all twenty something's. So I wonder if I am too old and should "grow up" so to speak. My Daddy (I do call him that and he has always called me baby girl and his little

Girl) is a year older than me and we have been together off and on since I was 17. I have been teaching him what I have been learning. He agrees that everything makes sense now pertaining to my personality and whatnot. Other than that he doesn't really get it I don't think. I'm trying to be patient and wait for him to read more, etc. Until then I've been kind of going it alone. Taking care of myself really. I think he looks at it as just a kink. And I don't want to scare him off. But I want more. This is all so new to me. And kind of scary. I don't know how to go about any of it.

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself a little and say Hi.

Guest buddhagirl

Hi! I'm 46 and married to Daddy. You are not alone or weird or too old. I'm a fully formed, functioning, happy, successful person who happens to enjoy the DDlg dynamic in my romantic/sexual relationship. Please feel free to talk with me anytime.

One of us, one of us, one of us (I literally just posted today about being a not-so-young-little)  :) Welcome. I'm shy as shyness as well, but everyone has been very nice.

It's good to see other littles in my age group exist. I too am quite good at "adulting" but I need time to just decompress and be me. I like to color, I love Disney (fanatic) I'm shy and very sensitive even though I am good at putting on my Armour and being a big girl who lets things slide off my back. When I'm alone or with daddy though, I will cry or pout or turn into a snuggle bug if I need to. I just thought I was an immature freak. But I've always had a little personality. As long as I can remember. I love stuffies and soft cuddly blankets. I've sucked my thumb when stressed- it always soothes me. But I've never let daddy see that. And I'm embarrassed that I got myself a paci and I like it before I go to sleep at night. He doesn't know about that either. We were married for 13 years and got divorced and are now together again and he's never known about some things I've wanted or needed. I'm slowly trying to educate him about ddlg and my little personality. But like I said I think he sees it as just a kink. Anyone have that issue?

Guest buddhagirl

Is your question about your partner seeing it as just a kink vs. a part of your personality all the time? No, I don't have this situation, but I can imagine how that must feel. He sees it as more role playing, maybe, while you see it as a central part of who you are?

I think you need to be really clear that it isn't a kink for you. It is for some people, but not for you. It's a integral part of who you are and who you've always been, and you need him to understand that. He may not feel the same way and may need to be more role playee (sorry, I know that's not a word) to make the dynamic work, but he can understand what it is for you. 

Personally, I was worried for a while that my partner was role playing when we first started exploring DDlg because it didn't feel like role playing to me, but like a part of myself that I finally got to express. I was sad that it might only be a role playing thing for him or fetishized. I wanted it to be a core part of our relationship all the time and naturally integrated. Luckily, he's a natural daddy so I worried for no reason. Maybe your daddy will get there with time if you continue to share your feeling, desires and ask him about his. I talked to Daddy a lot at first about how it made him feel, what he liked about being my daddy, etc., so he grew to see how much it brings to his life. Does that make sense?

Buddhagirl-Yes! You were able to articulate what I couldn't. Thank you! It is most certainly a central part of who I am. Always has been. Just had no idea whatsoever. Just thought I was immature and weird. I want so badly for my daddy to understand and just take care of me. There have been a whole menagerie of things that have happened over the years that forced me to go things alone. And I just need to be me and be the one taken care of sometimes. Now I feel like a whiny brat.....

Guest Pouty Kitten

Welcome to the community! I'm really glad you've found the forums and I hope you can explore your little side even more. I think if you showed your Daddy some articles pertaining the dynamic and that your little side is part of who you are, it would help him understand a little more :)

Hi to everyone. I'm just learning bout ddlg I read bout it and talk to others . Now I guess the hard part comes as to finding a little that I can connect with.... I've learn that this is not role play but a way of life for Littles and there daddies. I hope that maybe I can get insight as where I can connect are have chance to talk to a little .