What kind of PC gaming peripherals do you use?

Vlad ziva's Owner

I didn't want to sidetrack the discussions in other threads, so I figured I would just make this one. :)

So, seeing as there were a few gaming threads on here, I was wondering... What gaming peripherals do you use (mouses, keyboards, monitors, anything you want to add)?

I have a Razer Blackwidow Chroma Stealth Keyboard and Deathadder Chroma mouse. Personally, I find the mouse to be a bit small for my hands and the shape makes me tend to hold it somewhat canted rather than lying my hand flat across the topic.

Also, free fun fact of the day: The plural of mouse when referring to computer peripherals is actually mouses and not mice. This absolutely blew my mind when I found out.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mouse

Mouse: Razer Death Adder

Keyboard: Razer Anasi

Headset: Steel Series Siberia v2 Frost Blue

Monitors: BenQ something something 22" x2

Nice. :)

I forgot to add my headset. I'm using Astro A40s. I'd love to get a nice 144hz BenQ monitor. I'm using a generic Samsung 60hz, but it has 1ms response time, so it's working well atm.

I have a Razer Naga 2014 that I don't use. I kept mashing the buttons on the side when I would swipe and lift the mouse. I bought the Deathadder to replace it after hearing such great reviews and hearing that it was a BIG mouse. Well, it's too small for my hands and I can't seem to get comfortable with it lol

Guest kittycandy's Daddy

I've spent years waiting to finally build myself my own PC. With everything so cheap now, compared to 10 years ago, I got to treat myself a little bit when I did build my PC about 3? years ago.

• Mouse - Saitek/Mad Catz R.A.T 9 wireless mouse

My hands are overly large, so having something large, customizing capability and with a decent amount of buttons was a must.

• Keyboard - Gigabyte Aivia K8100

I listen to a lot of music with my PC so I wanted a decent all rounder gaming keyboard with multimedia keys and a numberpad (as my mum will sometimes use the PC to do taxes, etc) The build quality is great but the multimedia keys sometimes activate for no apparent reason, muting sound until I unplug the keyboard - probably won't buy another one due to this flaw. 

• Sound: Yamaha YST MS55D's, Klipsch S4i and ATH M50 (red)

So good they haven't met a match to replace them since they first got released back when Windows 98 was a thing! 
          The Klipsch and ATH are apples to oranges but there's plenty about both online.

• Other: Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S, Thrustmaster Ferrari racing wheel and ATR 2500 desktop mic

Nice. :)

I forgot to add my headset. I'm using Astro A40s. I'd love to get a nice 144hz BenQ monitor. I'm using a generic Samsung 60hz, but it has 1ms response time, so it's working well atm.

I have a Razer Naga 2014 that I don't use. I kept mashing the buttons on the side when I would swipe and lift the mouse. I bought the Deathadder to replace it after hearing such great reviews and hearing that it was a BIG mouse. Well, it's too small for my hands and I can't seem to get comfortable with it lol

Awww, I had the naga too, but I couldn't use it because my hands are too small xD Deathadder fits just perfect :D

I really wanna upgrade my monitors as they are from 2010, but poor students will be poor. Also, they work fine so it's not a big deal I guess ^^

Awww, I had the naga too, but I couldn't use it because my hands are too small xD Deathadder fits just perfect :D

I really wanna upgrade my monitors as they are from 2010, but poor students will be poor. Also, they work fine so it's not a big deal I guess ^^

Haha! I know how that is. I guess students are poor all over the world. College is expensive in the US, but thankfully the government gave me a Pell Grant to pay for my courses and books (only because I am already so poor though). :D

I'd love to upgrade my rig, but it's just far too expensive right now. I'm using a pre-built PC. It's a CybertronPC Borg-709.

GTX 750 graphics card

AMD FX 6300 CPU

Not really sure about the rest of it. 

Oh well, I get all my living expenses as well as food, clothes and anything else I need covered by the state, everyone in Norway does if you chose to apply (only like a few percent is turned down due to millionaire parents still supporting them etc). It's pretty nice, but no money left over for fun stuff, and no time for a job :( 

Oh well, I get all my living expenses as well as food, clothes and anything else I need covered by the state, everyone in Norway does if you chose to apply (only like a few percent is turned down due to millionaire parents still supporting them etc). It's pretty nice, but no money left over for fun stuff, and no time for a job :(

At least the government pays for your education though, which is probably better than mine in the US lol

Even with the grants, we can't legally spend that money on things besides schooling. I don't even have access to the funds. When I go to pay for classes and books, they run my student ID and it's taken out automatically. I guess they had too many people buying games and cars and booze. There was a long clause when I was filling out the form that talked about misuse of grants. Still nice just to have my education paid for. Classes would have been over $1500, and books were $400. And this is at a cheap community college with in-state tuition... 

Yeah, they pay for half, half you pay back as a loan, but you have a set interest and as long as you're still being educated you don't pay interest :) It's pretty damn good!

Yeah, they pay for half, half you pay back as a loan, but you have a set interest and as long as you're still being educated you don't pay interest :) It's pretty damn good!

That's cool. I don't have to pay back any of my grants thankfully lol

• 1 month later...

BenQ's 2x 23

Corsair M95 mouse (WoW)

D3 Steel Series mouse for everything else.

TT keyboard

Logitech G930 headset

Razer Goliath mousepad (Though not a fan of razer they make a solid pad)