DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Being daddy’s little girl, while daddy has an actual little girl?

tiinylittledancer

My daddy and I have talked about the future when we might have a daughter, and I can’t help but already feel a little jealous. It sounds selfish and I don’t like thinking this way especially because it would be my child too, but I feel as if I’d be replaced the moment she was born. And as she grows. Obviously she would be my daddy’s real little girl and I’m scared I’d take a back seat. I have anxiety and have always competed with others to be loved, and I always lost. I was always disregarded, and the cuter one always won. I’m scared this will happen with daddy and I. I’m so used to being daddy’s little girl, that I feel like I’ll be replaced when he has a real little girl to love. Please don’t judge my thoughts, I’m aware that they make me sound absolutely crazy. I’m just an anxious person and I worry about everything, even if it’s not rational.

The love your Daddy has for you should be entirely different than what he will feel for his future daughter. You will still be his partner, his wife/girlfriend, and his lover. When you are in a real, loving, relationship, communicate and be honest with yourselves and each other, and work at your relationship, adding a child shouldn't make you any less his baby girl.
  • Like 1

See my reply to your other thread. Quick summary though, the love of a Father/daughter and a Daddy/little ARE and should be very different. One is an adult/child relationship and the other, even with a DDlg dynamic, is an adult/adult dynamic.

You can choose to live your life in fear about something that may or may not happen and possibly harm the health of your relationship OR you can choose to trust your partners loves you and will continue to do so even after having a child. Setting yourself up to compete against an unborn child, whether consciously or subconsciously, sounds like something that can benefit from some professional counseling before getting pregnant.

Little kaiya

Edited by Little kaiya
  • Like 1

Your feelings are very common in any relationship. I am a dad, but before I tried to have a child I needed to know I

was ready. The only way I really knew is when I realized all the things I loved to do was not as important as the needs

of my child. What I am trying to tell you is that you might not be ready to have a child yet and there is nothing wrong

with that. Also, when you and your daddy are both ready the bond between you and him will get stronger. As a dad and

a daddy I can tell you that your daddy will always have time energy to give you the care and love you need as his little

princess. I hope this helps.

• Like 2

Guest ~GlitterUnicorn~
The feeling will be very different father/daughtet and daddy little are different things after all! But of course you should convey your worries to him

i agree with the others that talked about it being a totally different love and perhaps seeking professional counseling before actually getting pregnant.

i want to follow up by saying you probably arent ready to have a baby yet if you are already having feelings of jealousy.

• Like 2

As many have said it is a different love but I understand your worry.

My daddy actually does have a daughter. Not my daughter but one with another woman and I have often worried the same as you. How can I be his babygirl when he has an actual babygirl? I asked him this once, if it was ever weird me being his little girl when he already had one. He said no absolutely not. Because he says they are completely separate things to him. Two different parts of his like and he loves us both but in different ways and it made me feel alot better talking to him eventhough it was something I really hesitated bringing up because I didn't want to sound jealous

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

As an actual father to a daughter, I can absolutely assure you that you have little (no pun intended) to worry about. I know first hand that the 'parent relationship' in no way whatsoever intrudes into the partner relationship in this sort of dynamic. Humans are really good at compartmentalising in the most part, and in my experience, this is something that happens automatically in the case of a baby girl coming along - it doesn't even need to be thought about.

You've said that you're worried you'll be jealous of the "real" little girl. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that your relationship and what you have is not "real".

It's a different reality, but no less 'real'.