DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Little Alternative to Inktober in January

Guest Dorky_Daddy

Guest Dorky_Daddy

Last year I tried to get something called Crayonuary up and running. It's a daily art thing like Inktober but more for littles or people that aren't super good at art. So you can colour in a pic each day of January or draw your own (crayons optional).

I came up with a promt list if you get stuck for ideas.

Would this be something anyone here would do? Think some did it on Twitter last year under #crayonuary

post-129936-0-07176400-1576757684_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Last year I tried to get something called Crayonuary up and running. It's a daily art thing like Inktober but more for littles or people that aren't super good at art. So you can colour in a pic each day of January or draw your own (crayons optional).

I came up with a promt list if you get stuck for ideas.

Would this be something anyone here would do? Think some did it on Twitter last year under #crayonuary

Dude, that is an awesome idea. And sounds a lot more relaxed than my experiences with Inktober. I get overwhelmed feeling like I gotta do each one perfect and just end up quitting. /)’ u ‘(\

Guest Dorky_Daddy

Dude, that is an awesome idea. And sounds a lot more relaxed than my experiences with Inktober. I get overwhelmed feeling like I gotta do each one perfect and just end up quitting. /)’ u ‘(\

If you miss a day it's no biggy with Crayonuary. Just do whichever ones you want and above all have fun. Paints, crayons, pencils, glitter, whatever you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest QueenJellybean

i love this idea, but i'd love it even more if i could find coloring pages for these topics... 

i'm going to do some investigating.

Guest Dorky_Daddy

i love this idea, but i'd love it even more if i could find coloring pages for these topics... 

i'm going to do some investigating.

Feel free to do whatever you want each day. Those are just suggestions if you can't think of what to do, though it would be amazing if you do find pages for each one

Guest QueenJellybean

I want to join! I have a Winnie the Pooh book I've only colored one page. How do I see what everyone else has colored?

if there's enough interest, i can make a pinned "kinktober" littles edition for january topic in the creative corner for everyone to post their creations in?

• Like 1

Guest Dorky_Daddy

if there's enough interest, i can make a pinned "kinktober" littles edition for january topic in the creative corner for everyone to post their creations in?

On Twitter last year we used the hashtag #crayonuary. Weren't too many participants but was still fun for the few that did it.

On Twitter last year we used the hashtag #crayonuary. Weren't too many participants but was still fun for the few that did it.

It would probably be an easier "monthly event" to replace the colouring contests for the forum, since those are non-existent nowadays.

People used to like doing those, and there's more likely to be participation on the forum if people can choose whichever page they like. Plus it means less work for staff since they don't have to really do anything other than make a new topic.

• 1 month later...