DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

How to feel little after having a baby?

SpookyDoo

I just recently had a baby and I really miss being little. How do i get back into it? It has been months. Most of my little gear is in storage, as we just moved, but im heavily considering pulling some of it out. 

Being a new mom is super challenging but awesomely amazing. I remember being so tired and stressed at times. But then there were those golden moments together with my baby that were equal to none. As your newborn grows, there will be so many firsts. And as a little, you will get to experience them along with your child in ways typical parents could never imagine. Rainfall. A flower. A big on a leaf. Christmas lights on the tree. A dandelion puff to blow into the wind. Wishing on the first star that appears...the list of wonders is endless. As a new mom, I remember my world becoming very small. Even though I did not know anything about DDlg, or being a little, I embraced that smallness, and found pure joy. You will find that you can slide back and forth between being a grown up Mom, and being a little one along with your child. Circumstances and needs will show you when and how. You will be one of the "lucky" Moms, who can sprawl on the floor and play with toys with your child without being distracted as most grown ups are. You can go to the park and play together, while most other parents sit on benches checking email. Parenthood is hard work, but being able to get little with your little one is a wonderful gift to you both!
  • Like 1

Oh, and...getting into littlespace on your own? Awesome idea! You don't even need any gear if it's still packed. You can start by taking good care of yourself. Take naps when Baby naps, enjoy a bubble bath, do some relaxing activities that comfort you and help you feel little. Eat good, yummy, nutritious kid friendly foods that make you feel smol. Often, new moms tend to neglect themselves as they give their all to thr responsibility of motherhood. But being little gives you time and space to care for yourself.

I'm not sure what counts for your little gear. What I did was switch to plastic cups for myself and child. Matching cute cups with cartoons or colors. If you have a stuffie or something child appropriate, gift the baby one of your toys. You are passing down love through that gift and you can play with it when you play with your baby.

Be active in your babies development. Introduce the world through the eyes of your little self. I know before my kids could pick out toys and before I identified as a little I picked out toys that were fun to play with. I came up with games that from an adult perspective could teach, but the focus was fun. I've never been to day care, but I suppose it's like you are the funniest helper at day care. Babies tend to enjoy, boops and buzzes and noises. Discovering textures is always fun, matching baby and mom clothes is a great way to work in little style clothing. I remember my oldest first discovering his hands! I gave him Kleenex to ripe up and let him toss in the air. While I wasn't doing it, it was fun to cheer him on as though I was a child myself. There are many, many ways to connect with being little and still having a child. You do what works for you. As long as you are attentive and not putting baby into a bad/semi dangerous situation. It takes time to balance being aware of what you need to as a parent and still enjoy yourself as a little. Start slowly

If you enjoy more middle space activities reserve one of the nap times to enjoy yourself. If you like makeup and hair then try waking before the baby, hop in the shower, do what you want. Lotsa babies take mid-day naps that's a good time to recharge if your woke up early. Gaming and many other activities can be done while baby is awake.