Souls Series

Guest Vexe

I'm a long time gamer, old enough to have played the first game consoles available for the home, but nothing has grabbed me like the souls series.  I ran into it four years ago with Dark Souls, which led to buying a PS3 so I could play Demon Souls.  Then lining up at midnight to get my copy of Dark Souls 2 to go with a week vacation I had booked just to play it.  Finally ending with choosing PS4 over Xbox One just to play Bloodborne, and of course the rereleased Dark Souls 2.

The dedication and resolve necessary to complete these games is a challenge not to be missed, but it's unfortunately ruined most other games for me.  It's so rare that a game can be difficult without breaking it's own rules, something I find very annoying, and our current mentality of making games everyone can finish takes so much of the challenge away.

I've only run into a couple of people that have finished these games, and each time I found that we had quite a bit in common.  I'm curious if there are other gamers here that share my love of dying over and over in a brutally hard, but fair, gaming universe.

I've only run into a couple of people that have finished these games, and each time I found that we had quite a bit in common.  I'm curious if there are other gamers here that share my love of dying over and over in a brutally hard, but fair, gaming universe.

How do you know who plays a Dark Souls game? Don't worry, they'll let you know obsessively. 

All kidding aside, I've had fun witnessing "Twitch Plays Dark Souls". Granted they have a few hundred users and therefore it's much easier than when it was full anarchy + 2k users but it's very fun to watch them play. 

Yes I suppose you're both right, Dark Souls players are mad and we'll definitely talk your ear off about our obsession.   :D

Memorizing the game is both inevitable, and necessary to beat it though.