DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Do I stop being little or do I get kicked out

Slyph

So,I've been into ddlg since I was 18. I've lived in the same house since then. I slowly started adding "little items" to my room such as stuffies, calico critters,toys and other things. My parents are truly invasive.i hide everything well and they still find it. I recently got adult diapers only because I actually have been wetting the bed at 23 years old from stress. I threw them away in trash bags and they went through them and found them. We had a big discussion after work. I'm not allowed to have anything "baby related" including pacifiers. They are going to start room checks and package checks. I've already ordered a shaker paci and it on the way lol.i have a small safe somewhere in my one of my closets. Do I hide stuff in there? Do I throw hundreds of dollars of gear away? Do I look for a better paying job to move out? I really dont know. All I know is that I never want to stop being little. I can't stop. I should also mention I am an age regressor and into ddlg but they are completely separate and different. I involuntary regress A LOT. Please give me advice. I have a daddy but I cant move in with him.

i understand how trying to fit in a lifestyle around family that dont really understand can be difficult. But at 23, i'm sure you'd be able to come up with a middle ground that doesn't involve either of those 2 extremes. Personally, if i were in your shoes, i would perhaps curtail the amount of little stuff you have, until you can save enough to move out into your own place, as opposed to getting kicked out.  As you live with your parents, i think it would be better to be respectful of their limits, and keep things harmonious until you are in a situation where you can be in your own apartment. 

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but in the UK, its illegal to open mail that isn't yours, unless you are the parent or carer for the person if they are under age. So they shouldnt be checking your mail regardless. Maybe you could get a PO Box, or get it delivered to a friend if its something you really don't want to pass up on. 

I think it might be best if you try to get out of the home and possibly look for your own place! I found that being away from parent supervision is the best! And considering they have no respect for your privacy I would advice this.

You could also try and store some of your stuff in a shed that you can rent. You don’t need to tell them about it and it is really none of their business where you place your stuff. You could also attempt to find someone you know you can trust and that can keep a secret to hold onto your items as well! Maybe mention to a trusted friend that you have some things you want the to keep for awhile until you can leave or find a better standing with your parents.

But just by the way it looks I would try and look for a place when you are able to. I had to avoid buying anything little and buying things to keep my family from really finding out about it. Especially when they would also go through my mail and my room. Right now I plan on getting more ddlg related items and stuff! And being in your own place gives you way more freedom!

That's horrible you're going through that and I'm really sorry.

I think honestly the best thing is to move out maybe look for a job or maybe roommates. Which I honestly easier said then done but putting yourself out there and looking around could help.

I know you're an adult and it sucks to say this but you kind of have to respect their rules while living there. Not ddlg related but when I had to move back in with my parents (who are super religious) for a little bit I had to respect their rules even though I was an adult. Which meant no LGBT stuff, curfew, no anime ext.

I don't think your parents would be understanding of the lifestyle (I don't know I don't know them) but maybe you could talk them into keeping a few things like I know lots of people with plushies and blankies who aren't even in the lifestyle, maybe you could get away with those.

I'm really sorry you're going through this if you need to talk feel free to message me

You gotta get out of there. Do whatever it takes, yes including getting a better paying job and saving up. This is temporary pain for long term gain. My babs (LDR) was living with her invasive, abusive mom and she got out. You can too. It just takes some graft and determination. And know that it will be a huge weight lifted and worth every hour of hard work you put in now. You can do it! Don't look back. Your independence and freedom awaits your action.

Edited by daddymind

I agree that you should do what it takes to move out. Make sure you’re being smart with your money and safe with your life. But I was in a situation where I was being controlled by invasive foster parents until they found out about ddlg and they tried to hospitalize me because of it. Save what you can in your safe but don’t buy too much more until you can get out and be on your own. Having a sense of independence will help you be less stressed as well. Once you have your own place, there will be no more hiding. You can watch what you like, wear what you like, and be free. I hope it all works out. Take good care of yourself. Your life and happiness are well worth the extra effort.