DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Little Struggles~×

babyblueangelmoon001

My daddy and I have recently been arguing about a certain topic. He doesn't want me to be a Little all the time, but for him that means kinda rarely, but not too rare. The problem is I like to be Little all the time. When he reminds me that he doesn't want me to be Little all the time it really hurts my feelings and puts me in a sad space. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem before, I'm sure they have, but I am deeply struggling with it to the point of depression, since being a Little helps me be more lovey-dovey, but he doesn't want to cuddle all the time either and it feels like he's distant from me, even though he's not trying to be. He did say he wants to be able to do other things like play video games instead of cuddle but it's rare when we actually cuddle and it's not just me clinging to him and him ignoring me.

Sounds like time for an adult to adult discussion about the relationship as there is more going on in addition to how often you are little.

The two of you need to find a common ground where you are both happy and having your needs met. If that ground can't be found then you may need to look at other possible solutions or where both of your needs and wants are really compatible with one another.

• Like 1

Thank you Little Kaiya! That definitely helps! I do realize that I need to work on myself as well as communicate better with my love. I appreciate it, thank you very much!!!

Hello! 

I agree with Little Kaiya about you needing to have an open discussion and find common ground. 

What I can say about my own experience is that being little is so much apart of who I am that turning it off would mean I am not being my authentic self. We all deserve a safe space to be who we are, and a compatible partner should celebrate those cute little things we do. :) 

Good luck 

I'm not going to judge you on wanting to be little all the time. And I'm not going to pretend this is something you can just "switch off" at any given time. But have you thought about ways to ensure you have some degree of independence and "grown up time"? Sorry if this sounds insensitive, I just think it's healthy to have at least some grown up time where you are able to function outside of little space. And this is regardless of what your partner wants (though that is not unimportant). The reason I say this is because there may come a time when you are forced to abandon little space, and I wouldn't want that to be a shock to the system. I would move the focus away from your partner's wishes for you not to be little all the time and think more about how moving out of little space occasionally will be healthy for you as an individual. If you're not ready for it just yet, that's fine and you shouldn't feel pressured. There is no deadline. But I think it's worth taking baby steps towards. As I said, this is all about being prepared for if/when you are required to take on grown up responsibilities, which is not unlikely. I hope you take what I say in the spirit it was intended, not to diminish your right to be little, but to prepare you for non-little tasks/problems.

• Like 1

I'm not going to judge you on wanting to be little all the time. And I'm not going to pretend this is something you can just "switch off" at any given time. But have you thought about ways to ensure you have some degree of independence and "grown up time"? Sorry if this sounds insensitive, I just think it's healthy to have at least some grown up time where you are able to function outside of little space. And this is regardless of what your partner wants (though that is not unimportant). The reason I say this is because there may come a time when you are forced to abandon little space, and I wouldn't want that to be a shock to the system. I would move the focus away from your partner's wishes for you not to be little all the time and think more about how moving out of little space occasionally will be healthy for you as an individual. If you're not ready for it just yet, that's fine and you shouldn't feel pressured. There is no deadline. But I think it's worth taking baby steps towards. As I said, this is all about being prepared for if/when you are required to take on grown up responsibilities, which is not unlikely. I hope you take what I say in the spirit it was intended, not to diminish your right to be little, but to prepare you for non-little tasks/problems.

Thank you for the advice. That is true, I do need to establish more independence on my end. I have asked him between the time I posted this till now if he wished for any needs/wants specifically and he said no. He is completely fine with it as long as I'm not Little 24/7. But the thing is I'm not even Little 24/7. I ceased clinging on to him tonight when I visited and he didn't notice a difference and neither did I with his behavior. I think it's just bc he doesn't overanalyze everything like I do. Also, I will say I do have an adult side, I function well at work, in stores, etc, I just am little around him. I do need to establish independence and act grown, as you said, and not depend on Littlespace. Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Hello!

I agree with Little Kaiya about you needing to have an open discussion and find common ground.

What I can say about my own experience is that being little is so much apart of who I am that turning it off would mean I am not being my authentic self. We all deserve a safe space to be who we are, and a compatible partner should celebrate those cute little things we do. :)

Good luck

Thank you kami!

I'm inclined to agree with Little Kaiya and LittleKami, step back and reevaluate this relationship as a whole. If you being little is a problem, and it sounds like it is (if he rarely even wants to cuddle with you, little or not, I see it as a red flag), you need to decide if you really want to be with a Daddy that doesn't even embrace who you are. Is being a Daddy truly what he wants? Because you deserve someone who wants the same things.

I wish you all the luck!