#1 GayKitten

GayKitten

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 51 posts
    • LocationWA

Posted 07 September 2020 - 05:34 PM

tl;dr: How would you describe your thoughts while in little space?

So, I’m still really new to being a little, and have only been aware of getting into little space a handful of times. Since it’s a new experience, I’m still trying to understand how my mind works when I get into it (and along with that, what actually triggers it for me).

I think that part of what I’m trying to achieve is *relief from my constant anxiety* and *less self-consciousness in general*, so that’s kind of been my measurement of success. I can feel these things happening when I’m diapered up, or following Mommy’s orders, or being a brat and not following orders, or trying to watch/play something cute.  Basically, these are the things that led me to discover MDlg and my little side, so they’re my jumping-off point.

BUT—the other day I had a really different little space experience, so I’m trying to understand how it all fits together! I definitely slipped into little space: 

(a ) without wearing any of my little clothes/diapers/etc., 

(b ) completely outside of an initiated BDSM scene/deliberate MDlg day—it was a regular ol’ day and I was lying down on my bed while Mommy was cleaning our room,

(c ) while listening to calm-but-definitely-heady-and-NOT-cute repetitive techno, which is an adult-me interest I didn’t expect to have any part in my little space *at all*, and

(d ) experiencing blank-thoughts, kind of akin to what people describe as the thought-lessness achieved by some meditations.

I just felt really calm, and little, and serene, and content for that time. Very different from the more active, bratty, and deliberate little behaviors I’m used to engaging in!

This whole thing’s got me realizing a few things w/r/t my thoughts, experiences, triggers, and goals with little space:

• I’m surprised my thoughts were blank during this experience—I guess I expected little space to have a more conscious or self-aware change in thoughts? Like, more along the lines of getting into a character’s headspace and performing as them?
    • Beyond the subtractive experience of feeling less anxiety and less self-consciousness, I’m realizing that little space has the additive experience of affirmatively feeling little. It feels obvious to say that out loud, but I think I’ve been overlooking this aspect of being a little because…
    • …up till this point, I think I’ve been substituting that affirmatively feeling little experience with simply acting little—being a brat, wearing certain clothes, etc. This has got me paying more attention to what it means to think as a little, and while I can sort of grasp the performative aspects of being little inside a BDSM scene, I’m not used to experiencing being little in more everyday life situations.
    • I think I just have no idea what my little space triggers *actually* are. And I know it takes a long time and trial and error to figure it out, but seriously—really loopy and kinda intense concept techno albums about submarines/isolation/claustrophobia? I really thought would snap me out of little space, not into it.

So, this has got me curious—for other littles, how do you mentally experience little-ness? 

• How do you notice your thought processes change? 
    • Do you feel like you have more control over your thoughts, or less control, or that your thoughts are sometimes just blank, or something else entirely? 
    • Are your thought processes different when you deliberately enter little space versus accidentally? 
    • Do different items/music/movies/scenery/triggers in general send you into different kinds of little spaces?

Sorry if this is a convoluted topic/post, it’s been really hard trying to articulate this! Would love to discuss experiences with other littles though!  :heart: 

Edited by GayKitten, 07 September 2020 - 05:34 PM.

• Teasing Tink likes this

#2 DerbyNerd

DerbyNerd

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 63 posts
    • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:23 PM

Hiya!

It sounds like that was a super great and calming experience for you. I've had it happen a few times and I've always found it super nice. 

For me I don't always notice my thought processes change until after I exit the space, but this is less usual for me. Normally I notice that I get a lot less analytic and just accept things for what they are, I also notice that my wants/desires are louder whereas adult me will often question what I want. Little me seems to know what she wants more clearly. 

I wouldn't say that I don't have control of my thoughts, maybe more that I have less of a need for control? Like little me is more assured that things are just ok and so she doesn't need to control what she's thinking about as much. But sometimes I do go into a blank meditative sort of mind state, which I really enjoy. 

I've found that when I deliberately put myself into little space it takes longer for that way of thinking to sink in, but its no less genuine. And I've had blank times in both deliberate and non-deliberate trips to little space. 

For me triggers can be shows/movies, foods or stuffies, which are things that I use to put myself into the headspace. Non-deliberate triggers are harder to define, sometimes its just a feeling. One time when I got my brand new bear I just sat cooing over him for like 40 minutes and when I kind of 'came to' I realised I'd been super deep in little space without intentionally trying to go there. 

• GayKitten likes this

#3 Guest_Dandy Blob_*

Guest_Dandy Blob_*
    • Guests

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:37 PM

Fun question!

I don't notice my thought processes change until after the fact, but I do know that when I am feeling little I am a lot more laid back and feel more myself than I have in...forever & my energy seems to sky rocket. I want to do all the things and have fun and be loud, obnoxious and bounce around and honestly...I wanna pester the heck out of people! lol I also get very moody very quickly when little...things that haven't bothered me in ages suddenly bother me again, any slight thought of me being abandoned or not wanted/rejected, etc sends me spiraling quick. It's very confusing honestly!

• GayKitten likes this

#4 GayKitten

GayKitten

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 51 posts
    • LocationWA

Posted 07 September 2020 - 11:18 PM

Thank you both for your thoughtful responses!

Hiya!

It sounds like that was a super great and calming experience for you. I've had it happen a few times and I've always found it super nice. 

For me I don't always notice my thought processes change until after I exit the space, but this is less usual for me. Normally I notice that I get a lot less analytic and just accept things for what they are, I also notice that my wants/desires are louder whereas adult me will often question what I want. Little me seems to know what she wants more clearly. 

I wouldn't say that I don't have control of my thoughts, maybe more that I have less of a need for control? Like little me is more assured that things are just ok and so she doesn't need to control what she's thinking about as much. But sometimes I do go into a blank meditative sort of mind state, which I really enjoy. 

I've found that when I deliberately put myself into little space it takes longer for that way of thinking to sink in, but its no less genuine. And I've had blank times in both deliberate and non-deliberate trips to little space. 

For me triggers can be shows/movies, foods or stuffies, which are things that I use to put myself into the headspace. Non-deliberate triggers are harder to define, sometimes its just a feeling. One time when I got my brand new bear I just sat cooing over him for like 40 minutes and when I kind of 'came to' I realised I'd been super deep in little space without intentionally trying to go there. 

This is interesting, and really good info for me to have--especially about not noticing thought changes until *after you exit* little space. I've been under the impression that little space is, like, more cognitively obvious than that as soon as it happens? Obviously that's not (always) the case, lol!

And I definitely understand that not *wanting* to control your thoughts as much--I think that's a better articulation of how little space impacts/relieves my anxiety than anything I've come up with. :)

Out of curiosity, do you have, like, a success rate with your usual triggers? Do some shows/movies/stuffies/items *always* work? I feel like I'm experiencing a *lot* of inconsistency, which may just be inexperience?

Fun question!

I don't notice my thought processes change until after the fact, but I do know that when I am feeling little I am a lot more laid back and feel more myself than I have in...forever & my energy seems to sky rocket. I want to do all the things and have fun and be loud, obnoxious and bounce around and honestly...I wanna pester the heck out of people! lol I also get very moody very quickly when little...things that haven't bothered me in ages suddenly bother me again, any slight thought of me being abandoned or not wanted/rejected, etc sends me spiraling quick. It's very confusing honestly!

Aww, thank you for saying this is a fun question--I honestly had a lot of anxiety about posting this at all! ^_^

Again, REALLY INTERESTING that you also don't notice thinking-changes until afterwards--this is a good point for me to chomp on! Also, it's really interesting that some negative/moody feelings are amplified for you when in little space. Do you find that cathartic and healthy, or annoying and interruptive? Or is that the part that's really confusing??

Like, I definitely feel like my emotional goals have been more escapist (especially w/r/t anxiety), but I can't really deny that my little-age and little-activities and whatnot are *really obviously* tied to childhood/emotional shit I'm working through, lol.

#5 DerbyNerd

DerbyNerd

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 63 posts
    • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:18 AM

Thank you both for your thoughtful responses!

This is interesting, and really good info for me to have--especially about not noticing thought changes until *after you exit* little space. I've been under the impression that little space is, like, more cognitively obvious than that as soon as it happens? Obviously that's not (always) the case, lol!

And I definitely understand that not *wanting* to control your thoughts as much--I think that's a better articulation of how little space impacts/relieves my anxiety than anything I've come up with. :)

Out of curiosity, do you have, like, a success rate with your usual triggers? Do some shows/movies/stuffies/items *always* work? I feel like I'm experiencing a *lot* of inconsistency, which may just be inexperience?

With my usual triggers they're typically pretty successful, although they can fail if I've got other big stressful stuff going on or I'm just not feeling it. But I'd say they're probably about 85-90% effective every time I use them. That being said when I look retrospectively I've been doing this for a LONG time, much much longer than I have known/identified with being a little. 

I've also noticed that I can sink into varying levels of little space, or I guess varying little ages. So sometimes a trigger won't get me really young but it will still bring me down to a younger mindset, if that happens I'll normally adjust my content. So for example if I threw on a disney princes movie wanting to go into little space but then once I was there felt more like a 10-12yo then I would change maybe to Avatar or something that I would have enjoyed more at that age then a princess movie. 

One thing I don't know about/ don't know how it will go is someone else trying to trigger me into little space. I think it will be a good experience but I also think it will take time for it to feel as easy as triggering myself. 

#6 Vampiress

Vampiress

Rawr.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 485 posts
    • LocationWashington state

Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:16 AM

I'm finding this a confusing headspace for me still so I may find it difficult to articulate this at all and may not be able to give as many specifics as the rest of you. I tend to be very self-conscious about being in my little headspace and usually only do so alone, though Daddy has been working a lot more on getting me to be little with him. It doesn't usually last as long as I would like but it is getting better.

I would say regardless of triggers, I can feel myself entering littlespace most of the time because I am so self-conscious. Then it is usually me deciding to permit myself to slip into it, or if I feel too shy or scared of it I'll force myself to avoid it. I am trying really hard lately to not avoid it, though.

When I am little I find I am a lot more enthusiastic and excited about things. Maybe more talkative. I like to daydream out loud and talk about all kinds of fantastic things and what ifs. It makes me tons more affectionate and clingier. I think it makes emotions a lot more intense. Either I'll feel really happy or if I'm feeling sad then it can spiral, but I try to avoid sadness in littlespace. Umm... Also if I feel rejected or ignored it hurts a lot more.

The worst part is either being taken out of littlespace very suddenly (this reminds me of subdrop) or being left in it alone (another subdrop). Usually being left in it alone, if that makes me really sad, it generally means there wasn't enough aftercare and I'm not ready for it.

• GayKitten likes this

Sa petite vampiress.

:heart: 

7c499b51b19754b6b194d7353129098fd8ddeb22

#7 Guest_Dandy Blob_*

Guest_Dandy Blob_*
    • Guests

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:21 AM

Aww, thank you for saying this is a fun question--I honestly had a lot of anxiety about posting this at all! ^_^

Again, REALLY INTERESTING that you also don't notice thinking-changes until afterwards--this is a good point for me to chomp on! Also, it's really interesting that some negative/moody feelings are amplified for you when in little space. Do you find that cathartic and healthy, or annoying and interruptive? Or is that the part that's really confusing??

Like, I definitely feel like my emotional goals have been more escapist (especially w/r/t anxiety), but I can't really deny that my little-age and little-activities and whatnot are *really obviously* tied to childhood/emotional shit I'm working through, lol.

I find it very frustrating, actually! I know I am an overly emotional person as is...and even when big some things kind of bowl me over unexpectedly and get my emotions all amped up. But when in little space I don't seem to have access to any of the skills I have learned as an adult to help calm myself down, or even being logical! So that is feeling pretty troublesome. I'm sure it actually could be a healthy thing for me to further reinforce those self soothing type of skills when little...but when little I don't think of them at all sadly. lol

The reason it's confusing is because if I start to get very moody while little, and switch back to big (or feel like I am stuck half little/half big)...it seems to take me a few hours to kind of reset/calm down and even begin to dig into why I was upset or what set me off, etc. So that is very confusing to me! 

Oh, and another maybe unfortunate but possible good thing is that I have been having more vivid flashbacks from some childhood events...while it spooks me a bit I know it would be good to finally uncover more of it and actually have the opportunity to work on it. So we will see how that goes.

#8 Teasing Tink

Teasing Tink

Bratty Pixie

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 80 posts
    • LocationTexas

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:30 AM

How do you notice your thought processes change?
    Hmm more of a change in feelings than thoughts. I just feel lighter, more carefree, bubbly, playful, joyful. I think child-likeness is a high vibration in general so a good mental state to tap into.

Do you feel like you have more control over your thoughts, or less control, or that your thoughts are sometimes just blank, or something else entirely?
    Not sure what you mean, but it's more of a state of blissful surrender for me because my adult side is more dominant/controlling so entering little space can often feel like I'm being thawed out after being frozen if my adult side feels heavy or overwhelmed by something. Once again, it's more about *feelings* for me than mental thoughts.

Are your thought processes different when you deliberately enter little space versus accidentally?
    I never deliberately try to enter little space. Even if I'm doing a "little" activity like coloring in a coloring book or watching a cartoon, which are things my adult side also likes, I don't feel like I have to try to make it happen because I know my "little" side will naturally emerge when she wants to because it's a natural part of who I am, not something I'm trying to be. I just let myself *be* and if my little side shows herself, then great and if not, then also great. Some days I forget about my little side if I'm distracted by other things. I guess I feel my adult and little sides are entwined enough that I don't see them as too terribly separate though I'm aware that I naturally behave differently in each state. Thought wise, I think I'm less combative/defensive/guarded in little space unless I'm being bratty but in that case, it's just playful lol. I'll know I'm there if I start spontaneously baby talking or feeling innocent/child-like internally.

Do different items/music/movies/scenery/triggers in general send you into different kinds of little spaces?

For sure. I wrote a whole list of my adult and little personas awhile back just for fun. Some of my little spaces are bratty, one is more dominant, most are bratty or submissive. One is very little/babyish. For example, Daddy teasing me/pressing my buttons will bring the brat right out of me to tease him right back. Certain pet names or phrases make me feel more submissive little like "good girl." Disney movies usually make me feel more babyish little/light and airy cuz it takes me to a mental state where I feel very innocent and full of love and hope, not tarnished by the darkness of anything painful I've experienced or witnessed in life thus far.  Items like certain toys, pacis and cuddling stuffies also make me feel submissive little. More serene like you were saying though I don't think I naturally enter little space during guided meditations though I probably would if the meditation were directed that way.

Edited by Teasing Tink, 09 September 2020 - 12:30 AM.

• GayKitten likes this

#9 GayKitten

GayKitten

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 51 posts
    • LocationWA

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:47 PM

I've also noticed that I can sink into varying levels of little space, or I guess varying little ages. So sometimes a trigger won't get me really young but it will still bring me down to a younger mindset, if that happens I'll normally adjust my content. So for example if I threw on a disney princes movie wanting to go into little space but then once I was there felt more like a 10-12yo then I would change maybe to Avatar or something that I would have enjoyed more at that age then a princess movie. 

One thing I don't know about/ don't know how it will go is someone else trying to trigger me into little space. I think it will be a good experience but I also think it will take time for it to feel as easy as triggering myself. 

That's an interesting point about the variability--I've definitely seen a lot of folks articulate things like this. And even though being a toddler is kinda my starting point, the older-/more mature-leaning things have got me thinking maybe my age-range is wider? Now that I'm thinking really hard about this in responding to you, the thought of trying to get into a middle-headspace is actually anxiety-inducing...so maybe I've got some shit to unpack there, and that's what's making some of this hard to fit together for me.

I totally get you on having no idea how another person will be able to trigger little-space for you. Part of why I'm trying really hard to understand all this is to also help my partner too, cuz I know she's been putting in a lot of hard work to understand this all with me, and I'm sure it's frustrating for her that I barely know how it works for myself yet, lol.

I'm finding this a confusing headspace for me still so I may find it difficult to articulate this at all and may not be able to give as many specifics as the rest of you. I tend to be very self-conscious about being in my little headspace and usually only do so alone, though Daddy has been working a lot more on getting me to be little with him. It doesn't usually last as long as I would like but it is getting better.

I would say regardless of triggers, I can feel myself entering littlespace most of the time because I am so self-conscious. Then it is usually me deciding to permit myself to slip into it, or if I feel too shy or scared of it I'll force myself to avoid it. I am trying really hard lately to not avoid it, though.

When I am little I find I am a lot more enthusiastic and excited about things. Maybe more talkative. I like to daydream out loud and talk about all kinds of fantastic things and what ifs. It makes me tons more affectionate and clingier. I think it makes emotions a lot more intense. Either I'll feel really happy or if I'm feeling sad then it can spiral, but I try to avoid sadness in littlespace. Umm... Also if I feel rejected or ignored it hurts a lot more.

The worst part is either being taken out of littlespace very suddenly (this reminds me of subdrop) or being left in it alone (another subdrop). Usually being left in it alone, if that makes me really sad, it generally means there wasn't enough aftercare and I'm not ready for it.

Thank you for sharing, Vampiress! The shedding self-consciousness is definitely a theme I'm seeing come up a lot too, and is one I feel myself with the lessening-anxiety.

Out of curiosity, are there specific things/themes you tend to daydream about? Like, are they real-life things or more make-believe things? Sometimes, I worry that thinking about real-life stuff, even excitedly, might pull me out of littlespace?

Also, really interesting to hear you liken being taken out of littlespace to subdrop--I think this will be really useful info for me and my partner to both have a heads-up about, so thank you!! ^_^

I find it very frustrating, actually! I know I am an overly emotional person as is...and even when big some things kind of bowl me over unexpectedly and get my emotions all amped up. But when in little space I don't seem to have access to any of the skills I have learned as an adult to help calm myself down, or even being logical! So that is feeling pretty troublesome. I'm sure it actually could be a healthy thing for me to further reinforce those self soothing type of skills when little...but when little I don't think of them at all sadly. lol

The reason it's confusing is because if I start to get very moody while little, and switch back to big (or feel like I am stuck half little/half big)...it seems to take me a few hours to kind of reset/calm down and even begin to dig into why I was upset or what set me off, etc. So that is very confusing to me! 

Oh, and another maybe unfortunate but possible good thing is that I have been having more vivid flashbacks from some childhood events...while it spooks me a bit I know it would be good to finally uncover more of it and actually have the opportunity to work on it. So we will see how that goes.

Dandy, just wanted to thank you for sharing so much of your experience! I can see why it's frustrating to, like, lose access to all those healthy tools, and take time to come out of littlespace enough to use them when needed. I guess all that might change if the flashbacks continue, but I do hope some good comes of that--from what I said above, it sounds like I might be coming face-to-face with some adolescent memory shit soon myself...

Glad we're in this together. :)

How do you notice your thought processes change?
    Hmm more of a change in feelings than thoughts. I just feel lighter, more carefree, bubbly, playful, joyful. I think child-likeness is a high vibration in general so a good mental state to tap into.

Do you feel like you have more control over your thoughts, or less control, or that your thoughts are sometimes just blank, or something else entirely?
    Not sure what you mean, but it's more of a state of blissful surrender for me because my adult side is more dominant/controlling so entering little space can often feel like I'm being thawed out after being frozen if my adult side feels heavy or overwhelmed by something. Once again, it's more about *feelings* for me than mental thoughts.

Are your thought processes different when you deliberately enter little space versus accidentally?
    I never deliberately try to enter little space. Even if I'm doing a "little" activity like coloring in a coloring book or watching a cartoon, which are things my adult side also likes, I don't feel like I have to try to make it happen because I know my "little" side will naturally emerge when she wants to because it's a natural part of who I am, not something I'm trying to be. I just let myself *be* and if my little side shows herself, then great and if not, then also great. Some days I forget about my little side if I'm distracted by other things. I guess I feel my adult and little sides are entwined enough that I don't see them as too terribly separate though I'm aware that I naturally behave differently in each state. Thought wise, I think I'm less combative/defensive/guarded in little space unless I'm being bratty but in that case, it's just playful lol. I'll know I'm there if I start spontaneously baby talking or feeling innocent/child-like internally.

Do different items/music/movies/scenery/triggers in general send you into different kinds of little spaces?

For sure. I wrote a whole list of my adult and little personas awhile back just for fun. Some of my little spaces are bratty, one is more dominant, most are bratty or submissive. One is very little/babyish. For example, Daddy teasing me/pressing my buttons will bring the brat right out of me to tease him right back. Certain pet names or phrases make me feel more submissive little like "good girl." Disney movies usually make me feel more babyish little/light and airy cuz it takes me to a mental state where I feel very innocent and full of love and hope, not tarnished by the darkness of anything painful I've experienced or witnessed in life thus far.  Items like certain toys, pacis and cuddling stuffies also make me feel submissive little. More serene like you were saying though I don't think I naturally enter little space during guided meditations though I probably would if the meditation were directed that way.

Thank you for sharing, Tink! I guess what I mean by "control over thoughts" is from my perspective of, like, being able to manage my anxious/depressive/dysphoric thoughts? But the blissful surrender you describe definitely makes sense, and I'll keep in mind what you're saying about the experience being more about *feelings* than *thoughts*. I guess it's very me to focus on one over the other, when I think about it  :lol: 

I'll also keep in mind the multiplicity of little spaces that a person may have--I think I've been kinda dancing around just saying I may be over-focusing on a really narrow type of littlespace for myself, so uh thanks for helping me get that out! ^_^

• Teasing Tink likes this

#10 Vampiress

Vampiress

Rawr.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 485 posts
    • LocationWashington state

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:30 AM

Thank you for sharing, Vampiress! The shedding self-consciousness is definitely a theme I'm seeing come up a lot too, and is one I feel myself with the lessening-anxiety.

Out of curiosity, are there specific things/themes you tend to daydream about? Like, are they real-life things or more make-believe things? Sometimes, I worry that thinking about real-life stuff, even excitedly, might pull me out of littlespace?

Also, really interesting to hear you liken being taken out of littlespace to subdrop--I think this will be really useful info for me and my partner to both have a heads-up about, so thank you!! ^_^

Mostly real life stuff, at least when I'm just thinking out loud to my Daddy. Like recently we were talking about animals and all the pets I wanted to get and I had this whole huge list and he said yes to some and no to others then told me I can have all the dogs I wanted as long as I take care of them all. But of course little me takes this way far to the point I'd like to have ALL the dogs, and I get really enthusiastic and happy talking about things I really like. Or earlier we were talking about Disneyland and I was saying we should go live in Disneyland. So it's kind of a mix I guess. It's real life stuff but taken to a level that probably isn't realistic, but is fun to daydream about and talk about with Daddy. I think it won't pull you out of littlespace depending on the topic. Talking about cute animals and Disney was totally harmless to my littlespace, and it's fun when he indulges me in this kind of conversation especially considering he's usually the more logical and realistic type.

Sa petite vampiress.

:heart: 

7c499b51b19754b6b194d7353129098fd8ddeb22

#11 littleblueskyee

littleblueskyee

the best fairy prince

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 152 posts
    • Locationfairyland

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:05 PM

How do you notice your thought processes change? Notice..that get more baby like and start talkin to self like a baby!

Do you feel like you have more control over your thoughts, or less control, or that your thoughts are sometimes just blank, or something else entirely? Sometimes feel like don’t have lotsa control!

Are your thought processes different when you deliberately enter little space versus accidentally? Nope!

Do different items/music/movies/scenery/triggers in general send you into different kinds of little spaces? To be honest, right now can only be baby with the help of marijuana.. but hoping once am in a more relaxing environment, will be able to just slip in tiny space easy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: littles, little space, thoughts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users