DDlg Forum & Community Summer Fun !

Where to begin

LittleNece

I’m 47 and think I  have recently had an aha moment after reading DdLg stories. Things about my life seemed to mesh with this lifestyle. Feeling a little old to be getting started and I’m not sure where to begin to start finding who I might be. I’ve been married for 27 years and love my husband but he is not the Daddy type and doesn’t have a dominant bone in his body. Would love advice in exploring me first without jeopardizing my committed relationship. He is starting to be more open minded, but I’m not sure now is the time to share my suspicions. Thank you for your support!

Hi welcome to the forum i have no idea how to help you but i did want to welcome you :)

Thank you! Being welcomed and having had a chance to browse has been helpful. I’m sure eventually I’ll find someone with some insight I might be able to share some things sitting heavy on my heart with. I hope you have a fantastic day!! Thanks again for reaching out!

I’m 47 and think I  have recently had an aha moment after reading DdLg stories. Things about my life seemed to mesh with this lifestyle. Feeling a little old to be getting started and I’m not sure where to begin to start finding who I might be. I’ve been married for 27 years and love my husband but he is not the Daddy type and doesn’t have a dominant bone in his body. Would love advice in exploring me first without jeopardizing my committed relationship. He is starting to be more open minded, but I’m not sure now is the time to share my suspicions. Thank you for your support!

As mentioned before, I had no idea where to start to explore finding more about Little me without a caregiver. As I have had a chance to do some exploring of the forum, I have found some helpful things I would like to share in case there are others like me.

I have been doing things I enjoy that are younger than my actual age for quite some time, but I don’t think I’ve ever allowed myself to be Little. I guess that is part of my problem. I don’t know how and without a caregiver’s guidance I was feeling trapped and helpless. While exploring a Daddy’s recording of a bedtime story to explore that sense of protective caring, I found another YouTube video that said it was Little hypnosis, but I thought of it as more of a guide and reminder that Littles don’t have to worry about Big things. I felt it was also the permission I needed to allow myself to let go. So this is where I will start, with kind of surrogate caregivers videos and allowing myself permission to let go of the Big world at least for a little while. If I come across anything else I find helpful I’ll update.

I want to say thank you to those caregivers willing to share their time and love for those who don’t have one, or maybe recently lost one. THANK YOU!!!

Edited by LittleNece

Welcome and best wishes, feel free to let me know if I can be of any help!

Thank you! Not having someone (caregiver type) to go to, I was at a loss on where to even begin, even something as simple as a web search was stumping me. But I have a place to start now and that makes me feel good, so if you have any advice/recommendations for someone who literally doesn’t know where to start, please share. 

Welcome! I hope chu have fun on da forum~hehe. If chu need someone to talk to then I’m always open for a chat. Have a wonderful stay and make some great fwiends along da way!

• Like 1

Welcome! I hope chu have fun on da forum~hehe. If chu need someone to talk to then I’m always open for a chat. Have a wonderful stay and make some great fwiends along da way!

Bunny wuv sounds fun. I like Eeyore hugs a lot. I even have an Eeyore who really talks when you give him a hug. :s Can sounds be added to messages? I would luv to send you one of my Eeyore’s hugs! Thanks for being a friend!!

Edited by LittleNece

Guest liljeannie

Hi

We're the same age and similar circumstances discovering this late in my life. Im trying to learn how to let go enough to let the middle/little me out. I guess it comes down to self care and finding the things that help me feel like I can relax and embrace that part of me. I find music,reading and watching certain favorite movies can help. Anything that can get my mind away from the stresses of life. Maybe taking a bubble bath, getting into snuggly pajamas and coloring might be your thing. Doesn't hurt to try different things to find what works.

Hi

We're the same age and similar circumstances discovering this late in my life. Im trying to learn how to let go enough to let the middle/little me out. I guess it comes down to self care and finding the things that help me feel like I can relax and embrace that part of me. I find music,reading and watching certain favorite movies can help. Anything that can get my mind away from the stresses of life. Maybe taking a bubble bath, getting into snuggly pajamas and coloring might be your thing. Doesn't hurt to try different things to find what works.

Hi to you too!

Those are all great suggestions and most of them I already do on a daily basis as just me, but the worries are always right there while doing them. I think the biggest thing I’ve learned so far is that there is a headspace I can allow myself to go to too. I think that might be easier for someone who has or has had a caregiver to help guide them, so I guess my new goal is going to be to remember to allow myself to let go of Big thoughts and worries while doing the things I love so much. Happy Friday Eve!!

Welcome and best wishes, feel free to let me know if I can be of any help!

I just wanted to reach out and apologize. I accidentally removed you as a friend thinking I was removing someone else who was making me uncomfortable. I sent a second request and saw that it was approved, but your name never showed back up in my friends and I can’t send messages. I’m sorry!