DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Stuffies are my only friends

Flame wolf

Hi hi everyone,  so I don't have alot of friends irl. Online I have a fair few good ones but none irl, and it's been this way for a while.  I'm mainly making this cuz im in a bad emotional state, and had a good cry into my stuffies because tommarow is my birthday, and I know I won't have any friends to celebrate with. I feel like my only irl friends are my stuffies, and I was wondering if anyone else feels like this too. I'm sorry for this post as it's probably dumb.

• Hugs 2
  • Love button 2
  • 100 percent yes 1

your post is not  dumb at all stuffites are good friends too have . and hopefully you can make lots of friends on here, don't give up i am sure you will find friends. happy birthaday by the way

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flame wolf said:

Hi hi everyone,  so I don't have alot of friends irl. Online I have a fair few good ones but none irl, and it's been this way for a while.  I'm mainly making this cuz im in a bad emotional state, and had a good cry into my stuffies because tommarow is my birthday, and I know I won't have any friends to celebrate with. I feel like my only irl friends are my stuffies, and I was wondering if anyone else feels like this too. I'm sorry for this post as it's probably dumb.

Hey gorgeous,  I'm new here n this is my first time writing so bare with me. I know how u feel , I recently celebrated my bday on my own to n u know what it was a great day. Forget those ppl that don't care enough to Hang around someone who is obviously a thoughtful sensitive person.  Surround yourself with beautiful people. They r hard to come by but when u do u will know. 

5 hours ago, Flame wolf said:

I have very few stuffies and they are not named, more of a collection thing.

Like you, I also have no friends in real life other than hubby (I often joke I lost my best friend when I married him, a bit true though, it changes things). It's really hard to make friends as an adult! I do have penpal friends though and they are wonderful, we have been writing for years and next year I will meet one of them in person :D we are going to a Hello Kitty cafe :3

I have celebrated my bday many times on my own and enjoyed it very much. I go to places I like and do things I love, I splurge on buying something I want that I don't necessarily need or go to the beauty salon and get a new look.

If you are lonely and have online friends, why not organizing an "online party" of sorts? this is a bit last minute I suppose, but something to keep in mind next year. Find something to do on your own that makes you happy though, not only on your bday but whenever you are feeling down!

• Like 2

Hi Flame Wolf. I certainly know how you feel. I've spent many a birthday on my own. When they were alive even my parents didn't celebrate or even recognise my birthday.

I do wish you all the best for (what I think is) today, and even though I can't be there I will raise a small glass of something to you. Please make sure you do something fun, and, always be kind to yourself.

Thank you everyone.  My family took me out to eat, and to a hotel , and I did my best to enjoy it all . I really appreciate all of your words :)

• Like 1

When it comes to irl friends my Wife, Daddy and I believe in quality over quantity. We probably have half a dozen people that we would truly call friends. We have a number of acquaintances but that's something very different in our eyes. When it comes to birthdays we celebrate with our friends that are like family and keep it small and intimate.

We'd rather have a small number of folks that we can rely on with our lives. Find a couple of people and form that close knit inner circle, you may find one or two people easier to find and more valuable in the long run.

Well, I'll tell your stuffies to pass on this message to you: "I do hope that Flame Wolf has a truly lovely birthday, and that the friends they have here are just as real as any, even if we're on the other side of the screen. Thank you for doing such a good job keeping them company when we're away."

Take care. 🎂

Edited by Sir Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richard Rockah

Ive only been on a few days and just now saw your post and wanted to wish you a very belated happy birthday 🎂🎉🎈🎊🎁 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation. I feel a great desire for friends, and I'm rather outgoing and initiate unfulfilling friendships far too much. It's really hard as an "adult" to find people who enjoy the same things and I can actually have a good time with. People started outgrowing me in middle school. 😒