DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Am I really a little?

ThePlusSizedBarbie

First of all, hiya. I'm Kelsey. This will be my first post hopefully of many.

I'm not new to this community. Been involved for 3 years. I've considered myself a little up until now. Now I'm not quite sure. Maybe others will have more insight. Every little I've ever known or followed on social media all have the same thing in common. They act so little! They identify with age ranges anywhere between 2-8. They color, they watch toddler shows, suck on a pacifier and do baby talk. I don't. My age range is between 10-12. I don't color (although I am a professional sketch artist), I don't watch toddler shows, I prefer to watch 90s cartoons I grew up with. As well as 60s, 70s cartoons. I don't baby talk really either. I call my husband daddy in the bedroom, outside it's always hubby.

Another thing I notice in this community is littles do not want to upset their daddy, they'll do everything in their power to avoid it. I don't! I am a brat (In little space) and I enjoy disobeying him in hopes he'll give me the spanking of my life! Did I mention I love being spanked? It's all I really want. It's all I ever think about and look forward to in this little game of ours.

And I feel that's where I am confused. I call him daddy in the bedroom and act like a brat soley to be spanked then comforted. Other then that I do not act like a little in the usual sense of the word at all.

Am I a little or am I a spanko?

Guest Pouty Kitten

I think one thing that we all have to remember is that being a little really varies from person to person. From what you're describing, you sound more like a middle and possibly a brat. There are tons of middles on here and brats are also common in the community.

From time to time, I find that I can be a middle depending on the day and whatever situation is thrown at me and I still consider myself a little. I guess I'd say middle are more of a subcategory of littles :p

I think one thing that we all have to remember is that being a little really varies from person to person. From what you're describing, you sound more like a middle and possibly a brat. There are tons of middles on here and brats are also common in the community.

From time to time, I find that I can be a middle depending on the day and whatever situation is thrown at me and I still consider myself a little. I guess I'd say middle are more of a subcategory of littles :p

Middle... hmmm, I've heard that once or twice before. It's not common. I'll have to do my research now, thanks!

I'm more Middle hovering around 9 thru 12 but can exhibit a more little side from time to time. It's simply for reasons going way back in the early days of putting a face to who all of us are, we used the term little to differentiate that side of from our Big aka the 'adult' side but in some respects it is used as an umbrella term for that side rather than a specific age range as in defining the DD/lg (Cg/l) dynamic.

Guest AllAboutYou

I'd just keep in mind that it's much more important to listen to your own desires and allow yourself to be who you want, and not think too much about what label to assign to your situation or role.  Whether or not you're a Little, Middle, Brat, or something else, it sounds like you have a very good idea of what you like and what you don't like.  That's more than can be said for many people...myself included!

Hey Kelsey,

I'd say you were definitely a middle. I think that is beyond question.

As for when you are a middle, well that is in a very broad continuum. If you just want to call your lover daddy in bed, or be a middle when you are with him, or to be a middle in all hours other than those you are required to be an adult, the fact doesn't change that you are a middle by choice. I think that some of the expectations here fall back into cliche. I don't want my partner to be a thumb sucking infant, no matter how cute that is. My preference is for someone who is a middle within an age range that fluctuates with circumstance and mood.

The important things to ask are:

Am I happy?

Ami I free to express myself?

Am I secure?

Am I excited?

Am I fulfilled?

If you say yes to all of these then there is no need to change. If not, the first thing to do is to discuss this frankly with your partner and see if what you want is compatible with what he wants. NEVER say what you think he wants to hear. You will never find a true empathy with anyone if you do this. You need to be on the same page, enjoying the same this equally. Trust me, I've spent enough time with women to realize that if I had just revealed my own personal kinks from the outset we would have been so much more satisfied with each other in the long run.

Sorry for the wordiness.

I've always considered myself a middle. Until I found this forum and spent time in chat I had never imagined playing in a fort, I still don't color, and I had never used "baby talk". To be honest, this forum puts me so at ease that I think here, I'm comfortable being little (with a big sister personally) and I've enjoyed feeling little with the others.

I still consider myself a middle and I don't identify with any age at this point. I don't "feel" like a little. But who knows?!? Maybe I'll evolve ( or is it devolve?) to that place. Either way, fundamentally I'm still me. Whether I feel little or middle is a moot point.

Maybe you're a brat, a middle, a little but maybe that has changed or will change. Either way it goes in here, whatever you decide is just fine. Good luck in your research.

• Like 1

I don't think these names are all that important. Little, middle, brat etc. It seems like you know exactly what it is that you like so there's no real need to fuss over the technicalities. What you've described matches myself almost exactly and I consider myself to be a little/middle. 

Also. I think we share the same taste in cartoons! 90s cartoons forever. <3