DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

What does you username mean/say about you?

Guest Faust

Hys is a nickname, short for Hysteria. I use the name Hysteria for two reasons.

The first, because the definition suits me: 

- exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people.

- a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

I think the definition suits me because of a few reasons. I have ADHD, ODD, and a few other not-so-simple dissorders. I'm both easily exciteable and easily confused, and I'm so passionate that sometimes I can appear rather abrasive and intimidating when in reality all I want is to share my idea's and learn yours. The secondary definition is in reference to my Apathy -  I am loving, selfless, and incredibly adaptable but that doesn't prevent me from running out of fuel should I not feel loved enough. I can grow impatient, and because I'm so honest, I don't hesitate to show my frustrations or discomfort. Sometimes this sudden change can be seen as dramatic - but I've only seen this reaction from people who don't believe they've done wrong. Which in some cases, they're right. In others, not so much. Whatever the case, the definitions alone do a good job of defining some parts of me. The noticable parts.

The secondary reason is because I like the word itself. I have synesthesia so I can taste sounds, and the word flows off the tongue quite nicely to me. It's chaotic, hectic, and at the same time exotic, elegant. I love the word, and the definitions. So why not call myself it and give some folks a warning?

Well, my name is June and my family has always called me "JuneBug" growing up. 

My birthday is on March 25, which is where the "0325" comes from.

Which is why my username is: junebug0325.  :D

Guest DomDaDa

Sadly mine is borrowed, So a few years ago I went to Jamaica with a friend (he went twice a year but it was my first trip there). I was pretty caught up with all the snorkeling, cliff jumping, amazing food and drinks, general vacation stuff to notice my friend was very aquanted with a number of local women.

So a few days into our stay I'm talking with a bartender we had visited a few times, when yet another woman greets and kisses my friend, (mind you he is not this way at home, he works goes home to his apartment plays piano and smokes) at this point I'm just baffled by what is happening. So I ask the bartender if this is how my friend acts when he normally visits.

Which he replied "yes, always". The bartender continues by telling me, my friend apparently pays the bills for these women and buys their kids clothes as well as pays for their schooling. The bartender says "you call him ***** but here we call him Domdada."

And it just stuck with me. So I quietly started using it as a handle.

Angel has been a long time nickname for me, originally because of the DVD extras of the Bratz Starrin’ and Stylin’ movie saying that as a taurus I was most like Cloe. It just so happened that each of my friends’ signs matched up with different characters so we all took them as our nicknames and I guess Angel just stuck better than the other girl’s nicknames, haha:p and 24 is just my favourite number:)

My nickname comes from me being a princess and my body being in a pear shape. BBW means big beautiful woman, which means I am fat.

I also like how Princess Pear is reminiscent of Princess Peach from the Mario universe.

Mine is just daddy's favorite nickname for me with "daddy's little" in front cuz I'm daddy's little lol

Guest Little Otter

Curious because Im new to being a little, and I was literally just curious when I made this profile. And otter because, well otters are adorable! Besides that though, my ex said Im "playful, smart, and cute like an otter" and that stuck with me cuz I liked when she said that. So that persona really exhibits itself in my little side, and I just decided to make the otter my online little symbol as a result.

Sometimes when I eat chips, i dont want a big GLOB of dip on them. So i lightly push it into said dip softly and scoop up a little dip. Hence, chipwitalildip

Usually i go by the name Reaperloli. Its quite simple. Loli stands for little girl and reaper well... Everyone probably knows that xP Just combine the 2 and voila~ I also wanna pull of a reaper costume one day, but first i wanna lose some more weight.

Elly The Evil. I just so happened to "come up with it" some days ago where someone called me "naziloli" (obviously im not a nazi! Just to clarify) because i was being quite dominant/mean and used a gif of Tanya to express myself. I really look up to the character "Tanya The Evil", shes sort of my idol and i just named myself Elly The Evil on discord for fun. I kinda liked it so i just went ahead and used it on here too. And it is somewhat fitting as i like to be evil/bad/mean etc in a usually playful manner. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GiveMeMyTeddy

I came up with mine so quickly... I didn't want to copy others I had already seen on here, and put "Little" someone/something, and I didn't want to use my normal username, so I just looked around the room and saw my teddy bear, Fredward Theodore... so that's why mine is what it is :-)

...plus I don't really have any nicknames other than "Princess" from my Daddy, which I imagined would also be common on here, so *shrug*

Guest AllDayInPink
Mine it's so obvious lol i just love pink too much <3 i had another one that was "dilligafxck" and i think that one was very obvious too hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest BabyGlitterMilk

ooooh, but I definitely know that Muse reference!! ehehehee

anyway, my name is really just a jumble of words imitating Japanese fashion brands that use English titles. Each word does have a meaning to them, though!

Baby = referencing first EGL brand I was introduced to, and subsequently became obsessed with the fashion! Baby the Stars Shine Bright. Also a slight nod to the makeup brand Baby Lips, because I think the name is just adorable ♡

Glitter = because I love all things sparkly and shiny!! And I try to keep myself as bright and cheerful as glitter.

Milk = I love the shape of the milk cartons from school lunch! They’re very cute and really make me feel little. I don’t know if anywhere here sells vegan milk in those cartons, but there is a vegan coffee brand that sells it this way and totally makes me little every time I buy it. (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

Altogether, the phrase makes me think about a baby bottle filled with glittery strawberry milk! or maybe even my binky, which is milky white with little pops of pastel colors and sparkles! To be honest, when I first made this name I was making fun of it, but after all this time it’s really grown on me and I don’t think I could have another username that didn’t reference it.

I've always chosen usernames that are either a combination of things I like or that mean a lot to me or I choose something about me and think of something based on that. I had my name as  "Sample-Text" when I came on here because I couldn't think of something at the time yet I've went with JormunganDDr because It states my role in DDlg and shows my interest in Norse Mythology (as well as being a funny Innuendo)

Most things I sign up to I use the name "Symbiotic Toad" Sounds Strange at first but I chose it because Symbiotic means a mutually beneficial relationship (Example 1: Bee gives pollen to a flower in return the flower gives the bee pollen. Example 2: An owner gives care, attention, food..etc to their pet in return the pet gives their owner love and affection.) And Toad because of two reasons

1: The fairytale clique of a princess kissing a frog/toad and they'll turn into a prince

2: I'm as physically attractive as a toad

I feel like mine lacks so much meaning compared to a lot of you.

I go by 'T' but places don't allow one character usernames so I made a little turn from the phrase 'NoTNoShade' meaning no truth, but no shit talking. AllTSomeShade means all truth and only a little shit talking. c:

That I'm a weeaboo, probably, even though I'm not. I liked Mochi for a name ever since I watched Big Hero 6 and noticed that was the cat's name in the movie. I thought it was cute, so I stole it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is so awsome!

Mine is because kitty is what my boyfriend and I call eachother! We even have a song! It goes" kitty kitty booboo kitty kitty mow kitty kitty booboo mow mow mow!"

Bubbles are my favorite!in a bath tub, doing the dishs, or blowing them and i love when they go POP!

Put this all together and you get kittybubblespop

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

My old username (Barbie) is a nickname. I changed it to Chloe because of the Bratz ^.^ I'm sort of sensing a theme with myself >.> If I changed my username again, it would be Winx Club related heheh.

Mine is a mix between the nickname my boy calls me (florchu bc of my name) and usagi bc I love Usagi from Sailor Moon. Florchusagi was an idea that my boyfriend got when I was thinking what nickname use on pokemon go. 

As I said to someone earlier, I would describe myself as a mother hen type, with a side of Lady Tremaine (from Cinderella) thrown in when needed! :D "Sadie" is a derivative of my rl first name and "Tremaine" comes from that. 

Guest Revurx

My username is a phantasmagoric of technological transformation encompassing the dangers of dark magic meditating on human suffering. It’s an architectural box of prisms reflecting the reader's eye back to a multi-course dinner developed by that which is reminiscent of post-Fordism.  It's also a ritualistically heightened, feminist hallucinatory montage of Unicorns having anal sex with leprechauns.

Actually, my username is completely random and means nothing.

Edited by Revurx