Miley Cyrus-- BB Talk

princesschestnut

Guest ADudeHasNoName

There have been huge fights about this in the AB/DL land of weather or not she is a "true" ab or not. I personally see this as a creepy (to her) way to express her coming of age as an artist. Nothing about this video is really shedding anything positive to the DDLG community...and I am just waiting for an article from the Guardian "exposing" the real DDLG's. 

Also, the giant diaper outfits made me turn off my computer in a fit of rage.

• Like 1

Guest Daddy's☆treasure

I don't think she is a real AB but if she is? She's not doing the community a favor with this vid! Personally, I think this is just another attempt for her to try 'shock" again. This to me is also like fifty shades of grey and BDSM. Another perception of a lifestyle that really needs to be handled with care and respect when making a presence in the public eye.

If she is (she may well be a 'little'), then I don't think she's thought through how the way she is presenting impacts others not least how  the 'sexualizing' may well play out in the mass media and with those who are  less in the know about  AB/DL.

• Like 1

I saw a lot of people saying she's "copying" Melanie Martinez (for those who don't know, she released an album called Crybaby and uses children's things to symbolize adult problems). I think comparing Melanie's videos to this makes that idea make a little more sense but I don't think Melanie is well known enough for Miley to be copying her? I honestly have no idea what this video is or where the idea came from but either way it's trashy and creepy. It's so cringe-worthy!!! But I do have to admit the part when she's got pigtails and is in the crib she looks pretty cute, I'm loving that look. But yeah.....there's enough stigma surrounding the CGL community and this is definitely not going to help our image any. :/

• 1 month later...

She isnt, shes a massive attention seeker who pulls very obvious stupid stunts in a feeble effort to get headlines and 'fame' shed probably do something indecent to a donkey if she thought it would sell a few crappy records

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

For those unaware Miley has released her new video "bb talk"

Now as a miley fan it frustrates me. The video features her as an adult baby but the lyrics reflect her frustration about baby/cute talk In a relationship.

Reading comments it saddens me to see the DDLG lifestyle getting the majority of the attack for the video.

Has anyone else seen the video and what is your opinion on it?

My opinion of Miley Cyrus is not that great in the first place. As a musician she's passable, as a person? Eh... I have seen the video, it's typical fare, nothing that out of the ordinary to be honest. The rather disturbingly-cut baby romper is the only truly risque bit.

I just feel like she tries too hard to be "controversial" or push the boat out with her videos. I guess there's something to be said for the imagery directly opposing the theme and content of the song, she wouldn't be the first person to have done something like that, but all in all I wasn't impressed.

Re: comment blowback, you can't read that stuff. This is the internet, a haven for trolls and vicious-minded people given the anonymity and relative safety to express their vile attitudes without fear of repercussions. Never pay any of it any mind at all. As an online gamer, I've seen my share of toxic commentary and decided a long time ago not to pay it any heed.

I tried to listen to it. The guy talking was fine. As soon as she started singing I was like NOPE fuck this. 

I just hate her voice. As said above she is probably just trying to be edgy to be relevant.

At least Melanie Martinez has an amazing voice and she is a babe  :p  :heart:

• Like 1

She should scrap it and go back to kids country music, but sadly there's nothing to scrap. If she didnt make over the top , off the wall videos she'd be irrelevant within a few months. 

I, personally, don't care for Miley Cyrus or her music but do feel like she's been somewhat of a punching bag for a while now for no good reason. Also, the very top comment on the video stands out to me:

''Am I the only one that gets this video? Listen to the words people, she isn't promoting illegal acts on children. Miley is say that she doesn't like baby talk, like muchie, super lovey dovey talk that boyfriends say to their partners which is similar to what parents say to their babies. That makes her feel awkward and creepy. In fact, she would rather be "f*cked" than hearing baby talk. So that is what this video is portraying. It is supposed to be creepy and awkward cuz that's how she feels in the inside when she hears baby talk. She is also saying she is not a baby, but being talked to like one in a way but doesn't like it. So that is why she is dressed as a baby (cuz of how her partner is treating her), but she is acting/retliating like an adult cuz that's how she wants to be treated cuz she is obvi not a baby cuz of the way she is acting. So basically the baby appearance (which represents what her partner sees her as) was supposed to contrast with her non-baby actions in spite of her costume cuz represents her adult carefree personality and not want to be told super lovey dovey stuff like babies are told and be made to feel like one''

With music you can't just assume meaning or take something at face value, it almost always has a different meaning. Take Melanie Martinez for example, I don't think her music represents any type of DDlg as much as it does just childish imagery in order to convey a deeper meaning (that, unfortunately) a lot of people miss and just whack the label 'DDlg' onto it. 

DDlg always has, and I think, always will get a bad wrap. People are scared of it and call it 'pedophilia' because they don't understand it; Jesus Christ people can barely accept trans people or on the flipside people can barely accept someone who'd rather call themselves an 'egalitarian' rather than a 'feminist', I'm not trying to make this political, I'm just saying that people, or as people, we have a long way to go before we start accepting a wider range of differences in people - so until then, we kinda just have to deal with the off-comments on our lifestyle.

• Like 4

Just watched it, at least I think I did? It said it came out in 2015, was it the right one?

Here's my opinion anyways....

I gave it a thumbs down...

Why?...

Because it was the most stupid video ever, I'm pretty sure it was Justin Bieber in a wig and diaper, what was with the sumo suits? She finds baby talking creepy but prances around in a diaper for a video, okay, was sucking her toes REALLY necessary in a music video? Why was the 'song' half talking, half auto tune and synthesizer? Was the swearing REALLY important to the song?! Why is Big Momma there? Why waste food like that? She really is such a 'controversial' (or at least likes to think she is) attention whore! I'm really angry at what she has become.. I used to look up to her a looooong time ago. 

0/10, disgusting...

^^^^

Kinda what people think of our kink hahaha.  :lol: 

Alriiiiiiight I guess I'm going to be the bad guy here....

I personally love Miley Cryus. She does a lot of advocate work with her Happy Hippie foundation and she truly cares about animals , our environment , women's rights and the youth of our community. I think Miley gets a lot of flack simply because she started on Disney and turned into an extreme liberal sex symbol. 

This music video of hers was actually released quite a long time ago , I watched it when it first came out. 

Yes , there are lyrics that describe her dislike for baby talk but there are also lyrics towards the end of the song :

"I'm sorry I called you a creep and that thing about the vomit , I mean.. Look , I'm really starting to be into this whole thing , but no matter what , homegirl can't handle the fucking goo."

To me this says that she simply doesn't like the googoo gaga talk. In fact , these songs link up perfectly to her break up and rekindle with Liam Hemsworth or whatever his name is. (Which they have been speculated to be into DD/lg).  She says she ends up being pretty into it , but she just doesn't want all the extreme baby talk. In my opinion , this says shes probably more of a little/middle instead of an adult baby. 

Music is always up for interpretation , everyone will always take lyrics and relate them to their own lives and experiences. 

I personally liked this song , and I like Miley much better than Melanie Martinez. Melanie is a lot of hype right now , and I feel an emptiness to her music sometimes. Almost as if she knows how much of a fad Dd/lg is right now and plays off of it. She is a cute girl and does have a nice voice , but I think she is part of the reason so many young girls jump into Ddlg without educating themselves and just want to "look cute" like Melanie does. '

The music video itself that Miley created for BB Tlk is a little too NSFW for my taste , but I think it was cute and showed a boldness in Miley. Not a lot of people are willing to dress the way she did for that video with no fear of backlash or assumptions to be made about her life.

Just my humble two cents ^-^ 

• Like 3

Guest lucaslashton

i don't agree with the adult baby thing she's portrayed, as there is a lot of negative feedback shot right at us littles.

but at the same time, it's helping talk about the lyrics of her song, and i dont think shes done it as an attack at DDlg or anything.

• Like 1