Steven Universe

Opal

Clover really enjoys it! We're more of a Gravity Falls family, though. :p

My favorite is Garnet (of course).

I haven't been able to watch Gravity Falls yet ;3; I have been wanting to though. 

They released the full theme song yesterday at comic con...with our first peak of yellow diamond!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr2lkulMNbc

I KNOW! X0 I saw it last night and squeed like... 7 times hahaha. It was beautiful~

Guest ADudeHasNoName
I have seen both gravity falls and Steven Universe, and I prefer Steven Universe. Gravity Falls seems like a "LOST for kids". Mysteries, puzzles, cliff hangers...but not quite the charm of Steven Universe. The subtext of gender and relationships in Steven Universe are unlike any animation I've seen. The "kindergarden" episode took me off guard; with amethysts struggle with guilt and self worth. Absolutely the best animation on TV.

I have seen both gravity falls and Steven Universe, and I prefer Steven Universe. Gravity Falls seems like a "LOST for kids". Mysteries, puzzles, cliff hangers...but not quite the charm of Steven Universe. The subtext of gender and relationships in Steven Universe are unlike any animation I've seen. The "kindergarden" episode took me off guard; with amethysts struggle with guilt and self worth. Absolutely the best animation on TV.

Honestly I thought I would hate the whole series from the previews... I watched a few episodes cause nothing else was on and I fell in love. Started out as something to watch when nothing else was on to... " Oh god, Oh god, the new episode is showing tomorrow~". There are a couple of episodes from the series that threw me off guard. I was just like, woah... hold on what -tears up a little- 

Guest ADudeHasNoName
Rebecca sugar even said that the gems aren't inherently women either; they can identify with any gender they want. That line of thinking, right there, is why the series is so amazing.

I've only started watching it not long ago, but I'm surprised with how much I loved it. xD

I'm only up to episode 9-10 and I don't regret trying this show, I loved many of the characters I've seen so far. ^^

• 5 months later...
Guest little.prince1

I've been watching SU since the beginning and honestly...the character development is amazing! Who's your favorite character(s)? Mine are Jasper, Peridot, and Opal  *glitter*

Guest ADudeHasNoName

That is in incredibly difficult question, but I'd have to say garnet and now, peridot.

Garnet is such a badass, makes me laugh the hardest, and is a huge reason why the show is breaking ground in children's animation with its dialog of gender and relationships.

Peridot has gone through the most change out of anyone so far, even Steven, and as a fellow electronics troubleshooter, I relate to her pure frustration with inefficiency and antiquated tech.

I'm curious where the show will go with Steven not being human. Connie and Mr. Universe bond well, but Steven has yet to figure out his place in the, well, universe.

• Like 1

Guest little.prince1

Yeah. I feel really bad for Steven sometimes considering the simple fact that he is neither human nor gem, he's both so he's very confused and everyone wants to help him as best as possible but, they aren't exactly sure how. 

Peridot has come a long long way. I really like her character development a lot.

I just really want to see Jasper again...

Guest ADudeHasNoName
Rosie, thank you. I feel pretty stupid, becasue I looked through the "entertainment" forum and did not notice a SU topic, even though I apparently commented on the old SU topid. Doh!

Guest PrincessKittenBottom

Im absolutely in love with steven u. the plot is very well thought out. and its a cartoon show with 2 little lesbian gems tht make up one gem! Fusion is too awesome, im really excited to see who peridot fuses with first! I personally think peridot is gonna fuse with steven cuz they seem to have a good relationship going right now but who knows, peridot may just fuse with  garnet first. I mean she did adleast attempt ti try it, even though she didnt go thru with it she still tried. Then there's the idea that it could be amethyst or even pearl! Aurgh so many optionsssss. This is gonna be a very VERY good year XD :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
It's my favorite! My engagement ring has most of the gems! Pearl in the middle framed by amethyst, rose quartz, garnet, and lapis lazuli!

post-8177-0-31206700-1453691008_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen it yet, but I really like what I know of it. Amethyst seems very cool. I know a lot of adults that aren't even littles that are absolutely in love with it!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got around to watching it with Daddy on Cartoon Network. I'm pretty sure we've seen it out of order, but I really enjoyed it. I love Garnet and find Amethyst adorable. It was interesting to see the relationship between Amethyst and Greg and how that had changed overtime and impacted the others.

The episodes on Cartoon Network aren't in order =( I think the relationship between Amethyst and Greg is interesting too. Same goes for Peridot and Garnet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...