Comic books

Guest Sae

Green Lantern all day every day. I'm going to be getting an Orange Lantern ring this summer when Tori is here.

Batman here. Love it. I haven't read it since the end of the City of Owls arc though. I'm about to start reading Harley Quinn and re-reading Catwoman. I stopped reading comics a while ago because they were... damaging to me. But now I'm dieting and trying to feel better about myself, so I think I'm going to start reading them again. *hides* Is that tmi?  :unsure:

I'm all about Harley Quinn

I'm about to start reading Suicide Squad, too

I really like sucide squad.  Its not that bad, and I love Harley Quinn.

X-Men and my favorite character is Nightcrawler. 

Otherwise Adventure Time and a very long list of manga XD

• 1 month later...
Guest harlequinkid

glad to see other Harley Quinn fans here!! :3

I LOVE her, & she means a lot to me, personally. I've read the Harley Quinn series (that ran in 2000-2003, I think?) & some of the comics based on the Animated Series cartoons. I really, really want to read her Convergence arc & Gotham City Sirens. 

I have a bunch of other Batman comics that I've read & loved, but my favorite one to read (when not in little space) is The Killing Joke (that comic is really dark, though). 

Guest kittycandy's Daddy

I have a couple of physical assorted comics but nothing spectacular, atm I've been reading Injustice online. Waiting for year 4 to come out 

I know it isn't proper comic books, but I really love Ghost World :) My Daddy also really likes the BPRD comics and Crossed. Oh, and we both love the Stephen King comic 'The Stand' :) 

Guest harlequinkid

I have a couple of physical assorted comics but nothing spectacular, atm I've been reading Injustice online. Waiting for year 4 to come out 

I haven't read any of Injustice yet, but I've heard that it's good! Do you like what you've read so far? 

Guest kittycandy's Daddy

I haven't read any of Injustice yet, but I've heard that it's good! Do you like what you've read so far? 

It's definitely something you should look into, if you've played the game the stories don't seem to be the same at all; though I only played the first couple of levels. 

I've liked it a lot and there's so many different heroes and villains within it rather than lots of familiar faces. 

I know it isn't proper comic books, but I really love Ghost World :) My Daddy also really likes the BPRD comics and Crossed. Oh, and we both love the Stephen King comic 'The Stand' :)

I read a bit of crossed, though I didn't really follow it much because it was all on a page that uploaded the comic bit by bit. It was like a more messed up version of The Walking Dead comics which I liked quite a bit :p 

Guest Charlie

Do graphic novels count as well? Because I love the Billy Fog series. It's about a little boy who can see ghosts and monsters. In terms of "proper" comic books, I really enjoy SkyDoll and The Umbrella Academy.

• 1 month later...
Guest Scottishdaddy
I grew up with Judge Dredd,so love that whole 2000AD universe. Watchmen,too,as a graphic novel and film. I love both versions.

I used to read them from time to time. From Hell is a masterpiece by Alan Moore and focuses on Jack the ripper. (A lifelong interest of mine.) V for Vendetta is also good by him. Fatale, Rachel Rising (concerns the Salem Witch Trials), Punk Rock Jesus, and Frank Miller's Joker based comics were all favorites of mine. I like anything that focuses on history, is realistic, and film noir in terms of stylization. 

Guest DaddyDoLil

Spawn, Batman and X-Men have always been favorites of mine.

The last comic I read was Batman: A Death in the Family.

• 2 weeks later...
I grew up reading the old and rebooted G.I. Joe comics, but my favorite series is definitely G.I. Joe vs. Transformers.

Guest curious-babydoll

I like the Archie comics a lot... Papa sent me all three of the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comics but i still need to read them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest clownyprincette

I'm really glad to see that there are so many people who like DC comics here!! I adore Harley Quinn, of course, & am currently reading Gotham City Sirens. I also got a BIG book on the history of the Joker. I'm watching the DC Superhero Girls web series, too, which has Harley Quinn in it & is *super* cute!! :3

Generally speaking I'm not a huge DC fan, most often I find myself relating to the villains rather than the heroes. You know the entire "heroes trying to be human" as opposed to "humans trying to be heroes" as is generally the case with Marvel. Leaves the DC superheroes idealised for the most. All that being said, I really want to read The Sandman, and mainly because of the Endless group which seems to have more complex characters that are quirkily presented. If someone has read please tell me if it's worth my time .-.