What is your favorite fictional universe?

Guest starrflower

Guest starrflower

I absolutely love the Wizarding world. I always wished someone would create a Harry Potter MMO. I would play that every day

My daughter loves Supernatural :)

I'd probably say the Avatar universe (Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra). It's my favourite universe, it has the best characters, the animation is beautiful, so are the various story arcs and the music. I just love absolutely everything about it.

When The Legend of Korra ended I was pretty sad. The thought of never seeing more of the Avatar universe was quite upsetting, but I was happy to have been able to enjoy such a wonderful creation. :D

The Homeworld universe is one of the most beautifully fleshed out and deeply detailed sci-fi universes I've ever had the pleasure of being able to experience.

Giant spaceships 2 kilometers in length? Sign me the hell up.

Guest GrapeApe

Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" series. 

It's a little older, and some of the later 'pre-quels' were not as good, but the original trilogy (written somewhere around the early part of the 20th century) was as good as science fiction gets.

I think it goes: Foundation, 2nd Foundation, and then Foundation and Empire.

hmm... i think mine are, anne mccaffrey's dragonriders of pern, eragon, animorphs,redwall, and digimon

Guest starrflower

It would be fun to find a cool space game.

I also was incredibly impressed by The Last Airbender. I love Iroh! My kids were super into this. I watched the whole thing with them :) As far as books, I have heard so many good reviews on the Foundation series. It's seems too good to pass up and I am looking for something new to read right now.

I also adore Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

Pern, followed by Pokemon :)

yaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a fellow anne mccaffrey fan!

The magical world built around Labyrinth, or Legend as a second. I grew up with these films, and I would love to live in a world full of magic and fey creatures. I would probably spend most of my days hanging out in the forest with the Fire Gang, or maybe romping around a bit with Una, the sprite.  ;) Honeythorn Gump would make a good friend along with the hobs as well.

As usual, I'm torn between sci-fi and fantasy! lol

The Wizarding World is always going to hold a special place in my heart. I'm very excited about Fantastic Creatures and Where to Find Them. I'm anxious to see what the American Wizarding World looks like!!

But then there's the Star Wars universe, where space travel is as common as a cab ride and one can encounter any number of aliens on any given planet and everyone seems to exist in relative harmony, same as science and magic.

And also Discworld.

And Middle Earth.

And Firefly.

BAAAAHHH I can't choose!

• Like 1

hmm... i think mine are, anne mccaffrey's dragonriders of pern, eragon, animorphs,redwall, and digimon

Edit : add drizzit,skullduggery pleasent, dresden files, codex alera, corean chronicles, evry series by emily rodda, zelda, final fantasy, monster hunter, numa files, sookie stackhouse, dark-hunters, puella magicka madoka, fruits basket, negima, ruroni kenshin, kryyn, shannara chronicles, landover, swordart online, blue exorchist, vision of escaflowne, night angel series...imean come on the black kakari is awsome, kingdom hearts, n just cuz im insane ill add the fatal frame series

If we are including books then it has to be Middle-Earth for fantasy and The world of Dune for Sci-Fi .  Lots of others I could mention to be fair.  Film wise hmm think it would be Star Wars if we ignore the god aweful prequals; for TV its going to be Firefly or Battlestar Galactica

Guest cantbelieveimalittle

I prefer fiction over real life  B)

I can really relate to that. ^^; I love just thinking about fictional universes so this board is pretty great! I love so many but my personal go-to is the world of Pokemon.

Guest starrflower

Film wise hmm think it would be Star Wars if we ignore the god aweful prequals

this makes me want to cry at times,  I don't hate the prequels, but they didn't do justice to Anakin's character

but my personal go-to is the world of Pokemon.

My children are still educating me on the world of Pokemon after all these years.  They are in love with this universe and so I have a special place in my heart for it.  

I can't believe I am the only one who mentioned star trek so far lol.  I am always on a star ship somewhere in my mind.   And Spock is my best friend