Never knew DD/lg is a 'thing' but finding it feels right

Ruby-Rainy

I was always drawn to D/s but then turned off because S&M isn't for me. I didn't know this DD/lg part exists. When I found out about this dynamic, it felt like a perfect fit. A lot of times when I'd be reading about it and thinking to myself, "that sounds like me...." "that sounds like what I'd like or want..." or "I wish I had that too."

But the thing is, I never really identified as little so I didn't think this was really for me. I don't wear little clothes, don't care about Disney princesses, and other stereotypical kid stuff. No interest in stuffed animals, pacifiers, going to zoos, and getting a balloon. I might wear pigtails, but just in the bedroom ;) I don't really want rules, but I like being told what to do just to have the feeling of someone else being in charge. Also, I can be a brat at times and like to be put in check. I'm not little in real life and I probably don't portray any of this side of me whatsoever.

I think the emotional and supportive side of this is what I like. When I started realizing that there is no one-size-fits-all, and that each couple can make their own decisions on what they want from it, is when I felt like I was allowed to be here. I'm hoping that by hanging around here I can get more ideas to recognize and develop what I want out of the dynamic. I'm still trying to figure out what it is that me, specifically, likes about it. Self-awareness and all that jazz.

I've subtly brought it up to the person I'm dating - but I don't think he really catches on to the fact that there's a whole subculture to this. And I'm not interested in 24/7. I think he only knows about spanking during sex, pretty much. I'm trying to find a way to gradually introduce it without freaking him out and making him think I have daddy issues.

It's been really nice reading perspectives and tips from everyone.

Guest Pouty Kitten

Hey there! You're totally right- there's no real cookie cutter way of this lifestyle and you take what you like and incorporate it into your relationship. There's no need to look "little"- like you've stated, it's more of an emotion. If you are struggling about bringing it up to your partner, take a look at this thread: https://www.ddlgforum.com/topic/5623-how-to-tell-your-vanilla-partner/

Anyways, welcome to the forum!

Thanks, that post was one of the first ones I came across on this site. I think having to utter the word "daddy" is scaring me, like 'issue-y'. If only I could find a way to describe it without that word.