DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Roles and Food!

Guest Pouty Kitten

Guest Pouty Kitten

Does your Caregiver have a role in your food? Do they order your food for you when you're at a restaurant? Do they pack you lunches? Do they regulate your food intake? The same question goes for Caregivers! If you aren't in a relationship: Would this be an important aspect in your dynamic?

As for me, my Daddy always orders my food for me. I'm very indecisive and it makes me feel extra little. He helps me regulate my food intake because I am trying to transition my diet/lifestyle to Paleo due to some health issues. 

I've always been curious about this topic and am really looking forward to your responses.

• Like 3

Guest MyDaddyMyWorld
One if the first things I did was ask if he would please order my meals. Can't explain why thst means so much to me, it's just partly control, dominance, care, thought, deference to him etc. It satisfies both my little girl and submissive sides.
  • Like 1

Guest littlebitty

Daddy orders my food and feeds me if required or just cuts my food up.

He doesnt mind what I eat or help with my diet so much.

He just likes to check im not hungry and he buys me treats quite alot but I have to share.

Guest MyDaddyMyWorld
I know much more about diet and nutrition than he does, so he would never presume to tell me how to eat. If I'm struggling with my eating, he will tell me to stop eating junk and to eat properly, and he doesn't allow me to leave food unless I'm genuinely full.

Guest littlebitty
That's funny too coz ive taught my daddy how to bake and eat more veggie stuff. He made the best bread the other day and I told him I was so proud of himfor being a good little baker hahah don't think he liked that!

It depends I suppose. Usually when we're out, I don't decide what I want until the very last moment so I normally order for myself :p sometimes he'll help me with like dipping sauce containers and stuff. When Daddy makes meals for me, depending on what it is, he will cut it up in little pieces for me. Which does make me feel little ^_^
  • Like 1

Hmm, i wouldn't want my daddy to order things for me, but i would really want him to help me choose. I would also like him to check on what i eat, for health etc. But i'm not in a relationship so i really have nothing further to add for you

I find the topic of food and meal times is very interesting, so I'm happy to see this question and read others responses :)

I'm not in a relationship, but when I first discovered ddlg I thought about this theme a lot.

I'd enjoy having complete discretion over all intake of food/drinks throughout the day, preparing or ordering their food, helping them decide if I'm not there, cutting up their food on their plate for them and helping them eat (assuming the person I was with also got something from it). And I'm an avid cook :D

I think it's partly about taking care of someone on such a basic personal level; something which is fundamental to their well-being. And also partly that I want to monitor and control what they are consuming, both to aim at a balanced diet (with treats and free days too!) and also as another way of plugging in to what's going on with them emotionally/mentally. Food runs a lot deeper than just nutrition, it has so many memories and other meanings, it seems to me there is great scope for it to play a part in the dynamic more broadly.

• Like 2

I am VERY bad about keeping my body fed and healthy! I forget to eat a lot because I get busy and preoccupied with things so my daddy regulates all my food intake and He knows just what my body needs. Sometimes I get stubborn and daddy also feeds me!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daddy995

Well I personally love cooking ... I even took a class on italian cusine (and yes , i know how to make more then just pizza xD). I almost never cook for myself though, but i love cooking for others, it makes me happy , so naturally cooking for my little would make me the most fulfiled. On the other hand I'd also enjoy her making me food , even if it tasted really bad... Just the thought alone would fill my heart with happines.

As for when going out to eat, offcourse I to like the idea of ordering for my little and even feeding her, it makes me feel good. I especially like to feed her the dessert and like wipe her moulth if she makes a mess.

I want him to have a bigger part in my eating only because i am constantly battling with myself when it comes to food. I've had an eating disorder for about 4 years, even though it is very on and off as I am trying to recover I do have my moments, I think it would help me a lot and i think it would take the stress of eating away if I didn't have to make my own decisions concerning food. Especially when I am in a bad state of mind my only thoughts are about food, and having him in charge of that i would feel much safer. As for ordering for me when we're out to eat I would prefer that because I am also very awkward. 

• Like 1

My Daddy and I are trying to figure out food in our dynamic right now, so this is an awesome discussion!

My personal relationship with food is pretty complicated.

I'm a recovering bulimic with bad food aversions as well as cravings who loves anything to do with cooking and food culture.

My emotions on food tend to change with my mental state.

One month I can be fine and eat whenever, then the next month it might be a battle just to keep food down. 

My daddy and are discussing the idea of him being completely in charge of my eating.

On one hand it might help me to stay accountable but on the other who knows what it might do to my mentality with food.

I've had my eating disorder for over 10 years now and I've come along way on the road to recovery but I know that relapses are normal and I don't want to tempt fate.  

• Like 1

Guest cookie_crumble_princess

I think my signature makes it pretty obvious that I need and quite honestly want a daddy who will help me with my meals. I've been trying to kick bad eating habits for the last year. I've read up on raw foods, juicing, etc but fail to keep the momentum going each time. I need discipline in that regard. I don't know if I want a daddy to pick out all my meals. I hope to share mealtime with a DD b/c I really like cooking, so maybe if I have a daddy we could do that together. This is all on assumption, being that I don't have a daddy atm. 

I like to make sure my little eats at least 2 full meals a day. And when we go out sometimes I will order for her. As far as monitoring what she eats so long she eats at least 3 servings of healthy food a day, she can have sweets when permission is granted as they are a reward.

At the moment my Daddy doesn't have much rein over the food I eat.
In the past I've liked the idea of having my partner order food for me, or monitoring my intake and keeping me accountable for the food that I eat.

But as of late that hasn't been something I've brought up.

I still like the idea, but with everything going on right now it's just going to have to wait to be brought up.

My ideal want would be that my Daddy orders food for me while we are out making sure that it is bite sized (cause I choke on my food A LOT), making sure I am eating at least two full meals a day, making sure I drink a sufficient amount of water, only allowing sweets and treats when I've been good and deserve them, and over all keeping me accountable for my diet.

Guest littlemissbri

I don't currently have a caregiver but I definitely want that to be an aspect of our dynamic when I do get one. I want them to order for me, decide what we eat at home  (though I'd like to be able to suggest/request things) and I'll definitely need help with my portions. I grew up cleaning my plate 'cause money was tight and you ate what you could when you could. So, even when I have more than enough to not have to do that, I still do it. So I'll need them to not give me freedom with food or else I eat way too much.

I love the idea of having my food ordered when out. Right now, I cook for myself at home as he is in another state. I'm currently transitioning to a different lifestyle when it comes to food so I don't know about him cooking or making food for me just yet. I would be okay with him cutting up the food on my plate though.

If he decides to transition with me, I would surely allow meal cooking :) 

There's just something about that "basic" level of care...

:)

• 3 months later...

I am without a little now, but I would absolutely cook for her. Meal time would be a very important role as it is in any relationship.

I have a pretty good understanding of nutrition so I would help regulate her diet. Though as a Baker I would also probably end up spoiling her a bit with treats too.

I never thought of ordering for her but I like the idea too. I'll probably add that to my future little.

I am also very indecisive so Daddy orders for me, he does not pack my lunch but he will get me the lunchables or snacks I like just because.

I am very much looking forward to packing his lunch for work, we are long distance right now due paperwork even though we are married but it's borderline fantasy of me to play the perfect little wife for him :3 I can put cute little notes or add a tiny corny detail that will make him smile :D besides, I love cooking and it's fun.

I do wish Daddy would regulate my diet instead of tempting me with super high calorie snacks all the time, but I know he means well.

Daddy orders my food when I'm super shy, and he packs me lunch and cooks all our meals :3 daddy also has to regulate my meal intake because I tend to eat a lot of snacks then not like real food

I have a history of eating problems and there are also quite a few things I can't eat because of health reasons, plus I'm vegan, so daddy would have a really hard time doing this for me! Plus daddy's as indecisive as I am. I do wish when we were together daddy would help decide what we eat though. I guess we're actually kind of in the reverse situation... we don't live together so when daddy's at home they eat whatever they want, but when they're here I kind of have to decide what we eat. We have similar breakfasts but I tend to have fruit with mine, then for dinner I have to decide what we eat. I find it pretty stressful... I wish my daddy would help a little more with that :~( I actually sometimes think rules might help a bit with my eating problems, but I don't think it's something we'll ever try and trying it would be kinda risky anyways.