DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Caregivers vs Daddy?

Tinykittenn

Hai, so I wanted to know what the differences are between a caregiver and having a daddy? I've had a daddy before and right now i'm thinking about getting a caregiver instead since I don't think I'm ready to jump into a new relationship. If any littles have gone from a daddy to Caregiver or back, what where your experiences like between the two. :blush: 

As Remi said Daddy is just a kind of caregiver. Most commonly a daddy is a male dom for a little. But you do not have to be male to enjoy being a daddy.

Caregivers come in all shapes and sizes like older siblings, baby sitters and pet owners to name but a few. But by the way you say your not ready for another relationship just remember not all Daddy or caregivers have to be a romantic relationship. some simply like to care or be cared for. Just make sure everyone is on the same page at the start as it will help stop problems in the long run.

• Like 1

Daddymobius, you used some terms i don't know yet... May I ask what a babysitter and a older sibling is please? I mean, I assume they're like the regular kind too, but what does it mean in relationships to this lifestyle? Like is a Babysitter just another Caregiver that temporarily steps in for the Daddy/Mommy if he/she has to go for a bit? Is it the same for a Sibling?

They are mostly just names for caregivers. babysitters can be tempory carers but some like to thing of there caregivers this way if for whatever reason they have a distaste for names that can be miss seen as incest. This dosn't mean they do not understand that calling someone a daddy dosn't automaticly mean incest play but if they have had a bad time with family or have other reasons it can upset there mood,

A big brother/sister is once again also mostly a just another name but can be favoured by some who like there caregivers a little less dom than a mummy or daddy.

but there is all kinds of terms used like kings, alphas ect. every one has there own ideas on what each one may be. that is why CG/L (Cargiver/Little) is often a term used to apply to the over arching list of names as there are all kinds of versions of the dynamic.

So in the end it's best to go with what ever feels right to you. Dont let any one tell you you cant have a mother be sub to a son if thats what you feel is right. they are in the end just names dont let them have any more power than you want them to.

• Like 1

Guest cookie_crumble_princess

I think I maybe overthinking this. Is a caregiver temporary or can they be long term?  Is there a term for a caregiver that provides comfort and everything this is needed for his little girl or boy but  does not provide the intimacy?  

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cookie_crumble_princess

Going to bump this because I still don't have an answer and I'm also wondering about babysitters. What are they and how do they work, any differently from a CG