DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Long Distance - How does it work for you?

Little.Wolf

Hey everyone!

SO I was just curious about those in LDR in terms of the DDLG dynamic either romantic or strictly kink/professioanl ish. And I was curious how it works for you? What are the Must Haves and the Can't dos? What are things that help you connect both as friends and in the dynamic? Put your answers below. I look forward to seeing what people say. Ready?

GO!

So, I will have to say that I connected with my Little on here. We were talking, and we actually are still talking more as a serious relationship then complete DDLG. I make sure she does a few things likes eat 3 meals and drinks enough water, Stretching to help her from getting sore. But we do not have any hard set rules as of yet, we are talking it one day at a time and building our relationship.

Must have is communication. We talk mainly on Chat apps but do talk on the phone as well.

We don't sleep well if I do not "tuck her in"

We both must be honest

That's awesome. I know everyone is different in their relationship so I am just curious how people keep that connection when you are apart or long distance :)

Guest hislittlestar22

Hello! My Daddy and I are long distance for non-ddlg reasons - that just happens to be our life right now, both of our opportunities for work/school are far faaaar apart. We're a romantic couple, together almost four years (met and fell in love when we were vanilla). We started where ddlg was more of an "in the bedroom" kink type dynamic, but we're transitioning right now to 24/7. I want to be my Daddy's princess all the time :) To accomplish this, we're working on establishing stricter rules/boundaries, consistent punishments and rewards (like corner time while on skype or I get to have an alcoholic drink/ice cream if I'm good), and asking for permission a lot more over text. I'm also making a scrapbook/journal online that Daddy has the link to, so I can write out my feelings, gather little pictures, and post ideas, all of which he monitors and keeps track of. I send him a lot of pictures too, both sexy and just cute, like of my stuffies hanging out or napping with my pacie and a diaper. It takes being a little creative with LDR, but we're making it work! We also say goodnight over the phone before bed every day, but we also did that when we were vanilla, it just keeps us connected. We've been long distance in general for two and a half years, so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have! :)

Hello! My Daddy and I are long distance for non-ddlg reasons - that just happens to be our life right now, both of our opportunities for work/school are far faaaar apart. We're a romantic couple, together almost four years (met and fell in love when we were vanilla). We started where ddlg was more of an "in the bedroom" kink type dynamic, but we're transitioning right now to 24/7. I want to be my Daddy's princess all the time :) To accomplish this, we're working on establishing stricter rules/boundaries, consistent punishments and rewards (like corner time while on skype or I get to have an alcoholic drink/ice cream if I'm good), and asking for permission a lot more over text. I'm also making a scrapbook/journal online that Daddy has the link to, so I can write out my feelings, gather little pictures, and post ideas, all of which he monitors and keeps track of. I send him a lot of pictures too, both sexy and just cute, like of my stuffies hanging out or napping with my pacie and a diaper. It takes being a little creative with LDR, but we're making it work! We also say goodnight over the phone before bed every day, but we also did that when we were vanilla, it just keeps us connected. We've been long distance in general for two and a half years, so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have! :)

That's awesome, I am glad to hear it is working out for people and to see the different ways people connect.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LavanderRabbit

I've been with my Daddy for 3 years. It's been a very long time since I've seen him last (It's been about two years). We met on a Skype group I was in with some friends. We live across country from one another and it's been very hard for both of us. He was the one that originally got me into DD/lg. Though we have met in person, we are working on living together soon. We talk every day whether it's on steam, skype, facebook or phone. We find a way to talk to one another. We video chat from time to time and send each other pictures. He has even sent a couple presents! I can honestly say I love him with all of my heart. Sometimes we roleplay, but most times when I slip into little space we watch movies together or I make him something or color. Even though our dynamic isn't exactly normal, we have a lot of fun together. I hope to be with him soon, we are saving up for him to come out for a couple months and to go camping together.

Edited by LavanderRabbit

Me and my little are in a long distance relationship, currently. We haven't met... yet. The way it works for me is simply that we're the bestest of friends first and everything else just happened naturally from there, including the DDlg part which has developed increasingly more recently. My little knows more about DDlg than me, I'm very new to it but I'm absolutely loving it... it just feels right. I love being her Daddy.

At the end of the day, I don't think it's any different to any other relationship... and at least for us the long distance part is temporary.

• Like 1

Guest sirdude77
This is a great topic. I'm curious about how this works out for couples in the long run. There seems to be a lot of contact among people people spread out from here. Personaly, I'm not interested in an IRL, but I could give a LDR a try.

Guest DaddyXavier

I've had several long-distance relationships.

The key is to maintain contact even when you're out and about and busy. Check-ins via texting, random calls throughout the day - good morning messages, emails about your day, bedtime conversations, etc. It also helps to have an online hobby together - like playing WoW together or something. Depending on how long distance or how long the relationship will be long-distance, it's also good to address partners outside the relationship. I personally have no need for a secondary partner, but some people do, and that's something that needs to be discussed regarding rules, etcetc, if they have that need.

Regular contact is important, but only if you want to.

Me and my little have talked every single day since we met, first as friends then as bestest friends, then as bestest friends and lovers, and now as bestest friends, lovers and Daddy and little kittencorn :blush:

Edited by TurtleTheKittenTamer
  • Like 1

My daddy and I are long distance. It's not something either one of us are used to. But it just takes a lot of patience. And there is going to be so much frustration. My daddy loves 20 minutes away from m . But I'm not allowed to see him because I live with my parents still

Whats the link to the scrapbook/journal site so I might be able to use it for My little if you don't mind me asking?

For me...i dunno if anyone has said this...but for me...to hear his voice...to see him on vid chat daily..texting him throughout the day ..knowin wat he had planned for the day each day an vice versa just made it all worth while...like i was actually there with him....for me it was that mental connection we had....to me the mental connection has to b strong....now the physical part was hard....there would b times i wanted to feel my daddy an b in his arms...specially if i was sad...iwould want him to hold me rock me back an forth running his fingers threw my hair whispering to me tellin me things r ok....or just to cuddle...but that mental connection we had made everything ok an made it all worth while