DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

"Foster" Daddy

TheMadHatter

Recently after discussing "finding a daddy" issues with several littles it occured to me why cant a daddy be a "Foster" Daddy until they find their forever Daddy. A daddy that would still comfort and care for as well as guide and council them while they continue their search. Granted issues might arrise as they always do, its unavoidable i think, but i am very curious if it can be done?? What are your thoughts???

Guest LavanderRabbit
So, I think what you're doing is sweet, but others have already ruined it for you. I've been approached by creeps, fully aware that I have a caregiver and no interest, asking if they could be a "Foster Daddy"/ "Uncle"/ "step daddy", etc. So maybe just do so without the title or refer as a counselor so it's not taken in the wrong context (think summer camp). It's common for horndogs that think DDlg is incest to use those kinds of titles.

Guest QueenJellybean

As has been mentioned above, tread very carefully here. I personally have heard/seen this done before, but never effectively. I understand the sentiment behind your actions, but it's very easy for a Little to get attached to their Caregiver. I think the only way this would work effectively is if the Littles were fully aware, consenting, and understood their roles in your life before entering into an arrangement with you, including how it will all end.

As with anything, open and honest.

It sounds like a dumb idea. It will not benefit either party. Emotional fall out, feelings of betrayal, confusion, being used etc will occur.

As a little, I couldn't see this working because after putting yourself out there eventually there is going to be feelings..
  • Like 1

I have seen this kinda done before only some call them sitters or uncles. This can be done but in most cases I have seen the little gets to attached. The ones that seem to work are poly relationships where they actually are in a relationship with both the sitter/uncle/anuntie and Thierry Daddy. I'm not saying it can't be done but I agree that being a little attachment becomes a major issue.