DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Age Play 101: 0-4 years old.

Guest Prat

I've seen many littles unsure of what their little age actually is or are still exploring their little side or are unexperienced when it comes to age regression during playtime and since I haven't noticed any topics such as this, I've decided to map out little space because I'm bored and I can't sleep... (instagram and tumblr mostly used as resources). If anyone sees some errors, feel free to comment.

0 - 6 months old ageplay age.

We're deep inside baby territory, the little is in the "pre-linguistic stage" of learning language which means that the little can understand only simple words and can not speak back. 

Communication: The little regressed to this age only uses primitive body language and incoherent noises (cooing, crying, giggling, etc...) to communicate.  This is specific to the 0-3 month age play. At the 4-6 month old stage, incoherent noises turn into the very base words such as gugu, gaga, ima, ida, etc...

Diet: The little's diet consists of baby milk or milk from various animals, cows for instance.

Movement: The little can barely move and is completely reliant on their caregiver to move them around. The little mostly just spends time on the floor, either flopped or sitting up, crawling ability is minimal.

Activities: Activities are very limited. Playing with basic toys such as rattles and stuffies (caregiver needs to be careful of the little eating toys and choking), The basic toys shall not be named as the little is too young to comprehend that. Other activities are too complex for the little in this stage, the little will mostly just be sleeping a lot and will be pretty calm and docile and won't misbehave.

6 - 12 months old ageplay age.

Still inside baby range so diapers are involved. The little can now understand words and begins to be able to communicate with simple words.

Communication: The little can now communicate through "babbling". Simple sound repetition such as dadadadadadada, papapapapa, bababababa, gugugugugu, lalalalalalala, etc. The little sticks to the easy sounds and can not produce sounds such as fafafa, thathathat, zazaza, sasasasa, etc. Towards the later of the stage (10-12 months) the little may produce on occasion words such as daddy, ducky, doggy, mommy, mama, dada and other extremely simple words.

Diet: The little is old enough to be able to eat and digest baby food and simple meshes. Milk is still on the menu.

Movement: The little starts crawling around and will attempt walking but fail so the caregiver should be alert.

Activities: The little can not yet comprehend puzzles and complex activities. Fun still consists of playing with simple toys (which can be named now), peek-a-boo and reading stories to the little.

1-2 years old ageplay age.

Still baby mode, some begin potty training at this stage. Movement and communication slightly more advanced.

Communication: The little can use simple words well now but sentences can not be formed yet and vocabulary is limited to mainly nouns, communication is based on "holophrases" (single word that conveys meaning. Example: The little saying "juice" over and over combined with grabby hands could mean "I want juice". The tone of voice and inotation of the holophrase helps the caregiver understand the little. Example: "juice?" means "can I have juice?" while "juice!" means "I want juice!". The little has a tendency to shorten hard words such as "nana" instead of "banana", substitute hard letters such as r (twee instead of tree), expelling consonant clusters (ky instead of sky) and the little still uses babbling as a way of communication.

Diet: Baby food, small pieces of fruit, meshes, juices... No more baby food towards the end of the stage.

Movement: The little becomes more able to walk towards the end of the ageplay age. At 1 year old will be very unstable, at 1.5 year old will use hands if struggling, at 2 year old the little gets pretty good at walking for short amounts of time.

Activities: Naming games (pointing at things and naming them), peek-a-boo, playing with clay and squishy stuff, pulling silly faces.

2-3 years old ageplay age.

Slowly exiting baby mode, diapers are rare, potty training isn't. They LOVE to get naughty at this stage, they say "no" a lot and get punished a lot. They also love to learn and will ask "why" a lot as well as "no".

Communication: The little can now form sentences from up to 2 words (me juice, I hungry, love mommy, love daddy). The little still struggles with certain pronunciation but they get good at saying harder words. "th", "f" still can't be pronounced and sentences often miss words like "a", "the".

Diet: No more baby food (cause the little is bid now :p), fruit, vegetables, porriges, soups, dairy, sweets (but not a lot :/ ).

Movement: The little can walk around very well but will still stumble once in a while so don't let your guard down just yet, loves to try to run around and is very playful.

Activities: The little is very active and playful and will want to start playing with balls and ride scooters and solve puzzles and sing and dressup. Neediness and independance switch on the hour so it can be quite fun to watch. 

Side-notes: The caregivers will have their hands full with all the boo boos the little will be getting at this stage. The littles tend to have random fears at this stage. Fear of dark or monsters under the bed are common. The caregivers will need to reassure that they are safe. The caregivers will also need to be stern to deal with the little being naughty (which is a lot).

3-4 years old ageplay age.

The little is an adult now... The little is the boss now.. Edit: Some still use diapers and some are still potty training, forgot to mention..

Communication: The little is in the "telegraphic" stage of talking. They can form sentences up to 5 words which often miss out many grammatical functions like determiners (a, the, an..) and prepositions (in, on, under...). Example: "We go park now", "me go nap nap"... They can apply concepts lie the past tense to their sentences by using the past tense inflection "ed" and they will apply it everywhere (I swimmed, we goed, I doed). They can now understand more complex concepts like grandure. Ther pronoun use improves but they still might make the odd error like saying "me wants" instead of "I want". They can and will use more question words than "why" now and can link sentences together with "and".

Diet: The littles are adult now, they can have all the sweets they wants.... vegetables are banned of course.

Movement: Walking, running, jumping, falling...

Activities: They will enjoy being read longer stories as they can understand more words now. Colouring, playing games, performing more complex movements as they are more confident now.

Side-note: The little can be very awkward to deal with and will test the caregivers patience extensively. As a result, discipline and routine is absolutely important. The punishments have to be consistent and properly executed or the little will get confused. The little is very prone to temper tantrums at this stage of age regression so consistency is key when it comes to routines, keep their bedtime, meal times and hygiene in check and consistent and they won't misbehave as much.

That's it for this topic, I hope you've had an interesting read and have learned something, I know I did for sure.

Click here for Age Play 101 4-10 y.o.

• Like 29

This was actually VERY informative even though in my little space I am a BIT older then 4. This gave some good background on to different Littleing styles and I appreciate it! 

This was actually VERY informative even though in my little space I am a BIT older then 4. This gave some good background on to different Littleing styles and I appreciate it! 

4+ topics will be coming very soon. I forgot to mention that.

• Like 1

This is SO helpful. I know that its not absolutely necessary to place an age with your little space- but for me its so helpful to be able to put an age to it now! Based on your posts I'm guessing 5 or so! But, I still use a paci so I never know what age I'am, I act older but still haves a paci.

Case in point, this is a super helpful post and I can't wait to read more!

This hit the nail right on the head for me.

3-4 years old ageplay age.

The little is an adult now... The little is the boss now..

Communication: The little is in the "telegraphic" stage of talking. They can form sentences up to 5 words which often miss out many grammatical functions like determiners (a, the, an..) and prepositions (in, on, under...). Example: "We go park now", "me go nap nap"... They can apply concepts lie the past tense to their sentences by using the past tense inflection "ed" and they will apply it everywhere (I swimmed, we goed, I doed). They can now understand more complex concepts like grandure. Ther pronoun use improves but they still might make the odd error like saying "me wants" instead of "I want". They can and will use more question words than "why" now and can link sentences together with "and".

Diet: The littles are adult now, they can have all the sweets they wants.... vegetables are banned of course.

Movement: Walking, running, jumping, falling...

Activities: They will enjoy being read longer stories as they can understand more words now. Colouring, playing games, performing more complex movements as they are more confident now.

Side-note: The little can be very awkward to deal with and will test the caregivers patience extensively. As a result, discipline and routine is absolutely important. The punishments have to be consistent and properly executed or the little will get confused. The little is very prone to temper tantrums at this stage of age regression so consistency is key when it comes to routines, keep their bedtime, meal times and hygiene in check and consistent and they won't misbehave as much.

That's it for this topic, I hope you've had an interesting read and have learned something, I know I did for sure.

Topics on 4+ coming soon.

• Like 1

This is SO helpful. I know that its not absolutely necessary to place an age with your little space- but for me its so helpful to be able to put an age to it now! Based on your posts I'm guessing 5 or so! But, I still use a paci so I never know what age I'am, I act older but still haves a paci.

Case in point, this is a super helpful post and I can't wait to read more!

I'll be covering accessories such as pacis some other time. Pacis aren't really connected to an age though.

• Like 2

Guest katie-puppy
PRAT I LOVE IT!! It's very thorough and in-depth! I had fun reading it, and I've known for awhile that my little age is a sliding scale based on the situation I'm in at the moment (I can be anywhere from 3-6) so it was fun reading and finding bits and pieces in the different ages that I can identify with! Lovelovelove it and can't wait for the next one!

• 5 weeks later...

It's a shame this hasn't been updated yet - I enjoyed the OP and I think my little age is around 3-5 ish, so it'd be nice to see more.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I love my age range cuz it will range from the begin all the way to four. Yes if I go into the baby mode without daddy I will come out of little space terrified that it might happen again and I will end up hurting myself. It had yet to happen an if I do go Ito space it's mainly three to four but sometimes it will go lower

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was simultaneously helpful and confusing. I'm extremely shy, so it makes talking- even to daddy- very very hard. So I tend to have more of the 1-2 approach to communication than anything else. And the behavior, according to him, matches up really well. But the speaking still very much confuses me.

Either way, this is a very informative post and I believe its helped a lot of CG and Littles!