DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

DD/LG Poly

neko

I feel like this isn't really discussed all too often so I just wanted to start a thread about it!

I have had a poly relationship before (the couple was new to the poly thing) and I've found it can be very difficult for the original couple to just have someone enter into their relationship because someone from the original couple might have a little bit of jealousy issues with seeing their partner with another person.

It gets a little awkward being the one person suddenly tearing their relationship apart O.o

I've also found it very difficult to find a poly couple who knows what they're doing and has done this before. I don't know.

What are you opinions on it? Would you ever let your Daddy / little have another little or Daddy?

Guest BadPinkiePieNoCookie
Ive loved the idea of having a playmate but I know id struggle with being jealous and Daddy might too. Does anyone have any advice to try and avoid that? Because id really love to try It with him and another little or a pet. Or even how to aproach it.

I'm currently curious about poly and soon to meet up and play with my little friend and her daddy. I'm new to it, but excited because I've always been curious about the dynamic. The little I'm going to play with is not new and shes ready to take things slow. So far shes got a harem of littles lol! If anyone has any advice on being in a poly it would be much appreciated! 

Personally, I don't think I would be able to be in a relationship with a Daddy who wants another little girl because I am a very jealous person. However, if she had a Daddy and wanted to play with me and my Daddy I would be okay with that! I just think it would be easier for me if I knew our Daddies could talk and discuss how the dynamic would work. 

I agree I'd love to have a group of little friends that we all go over to one house for a playdate and all the bigs/masters/sirs/daddies are all in the other room doing things while we play. But I couldn't be poly I get possessive and worried far too easy

I am currently in a functioning poly relationship. I have two people who I am engaged to and who both receive an equal portion of my love.

Poly is NOT for everyone and if you find yourself to be naturally jealous or needy, you might not want to consider it. Poly relationships are very difficult to create and maintain. The common saying goes "if your current relationship doesn't work, adding more people to it is not going to help." The biggest thing about a poly relationship is communication.

So far shes got a harem of littles lol!

This sounds pretty normal for a poly relationship. You should know going into this that you will receive less time from this person however. One of the worst things that happened to me when I was first starting out in poly relationships is the "third wheel syndrome." I wanted to have a real, straight up loving relationship between me and more than one person. When I joined other relationships that already existed, I would find myself being the third wheel a lot. I was a "playmate" and "friend." NOT an SO like I wanted. My current relationship is so close that each person in our relationship is on our combined bank account. We eat together, we sleep together. We do a lot of things together. If that's what you want, you have to make that very clear going into the relationship.

Ive loved the idea of having a playmate but I know id struggle with being jealous and Daddy might too. Does anyone have any advice to try and avoid that?

Jealousy is often an extreme and natural feeling for a couple. It's not as though you're wrong to feel jealous. However the only things that cure jealousy are equal measures of trust and "compersion." Ever hear that before? Compersion is a poly term for "having happiness at the happiness of your partner." This is how I define it. My daddy is very sexual but I am not naturally very sexual. In order for my daddy to be happy we brought someone into our relationship that IS very sexual. Due to the fact that my daddy is now receiving what he wants from someone else, I am extremely happy. His life is enriched, and therefore, my life is enriched. That's what compersion is.

It's not an easy thing to learn.

It gets a little awkward being the one person suddenly tearing their relationship apart O.o

I've also found it very difficult to find a poly couple who knows what they're doing and has done this before.

Many people say they're poly but are only saying so because they want additional playmates or want to engage in crazy orgies in the bedroom. An actual poly relationship that works is headed by someone who is not only educated about poly relationships, but also about how to make monogamous relationships work as well. That kind of person is not always easy to find.

• Like 3

I personally couldn't do this. I would love to have a sister or playmate but I wouldn't ever dream of sharing my Daddy with anyone else! Poly just isn't for me...

Guest CookieDoughDarling

For a while now I have sort of fantasized about daddy having another little, but I feel I may just be too jealous.

I'd like to try out having a playmate and letting daddy get his second little, but I think I'd have to get comfortable with it. Perhaps starting out long distance and see where it goes from there.

A daddy recently told me about another sort of poly relation that I had never seen: A mommy and a daddy with one little. And now I'm super curious... Does anyone know more about this?

• Like 1

A poly relationship with a mommy, a daddy, and a little sounds perfectly normal in my world. That sort of relationship would require that the mommy dom and the daddy dom come to some agreement on rules and punishments and such. Otherwise I think the two would squabble.

Often, I see relationships as a means of offering something to the partners. I would think a relationship with two ddlg partners might get boring, but then, family life has always interested me.

• Like 1

I think having a mommy and a daddy would be good cuz I get super needy, and they can take turns then i wouldn't ever hafta be alone! I can have Mommy while Daddy is working and vice versa :)

Sae and I have our own sort of kindofmaybe poly? As far as the Kinsey scale goes, I'm a strict 0. No qualms or issues with anyone in any other space, that's just who I am! But, combined with some things that have happened to me in the past, I've realized I am absolutely not comfortable allowing another male into the relationship, be it play partner or otherwise.

As discussed though, she would much prefer another girl! And so we talked, and discussed. As a play partner with no strings attached to our relationship, neither of us would have issue, if of course we talked and considered the person beforehand. (No one sided invitations!) And just recently we've discussed that, if we did meet a special little someone/s that we felt would meld well in our relationship, both as another little/sub to me and sister/etc. to Sae, then we might actually give it a shot!

It's never struck me as something I would do, and this is the closest I've ever been. It's an interesting idea, and I've definitely seen it work before! It's not for everyone, for sure, but it can make many people happy. (Just, don't force yourself if you're super jealous. I can be, which is why I don't want to let any other men into our relationship!)

Upon my tumblr I was recently asked advice about an example where a little shared her daddy with her best friend. She is now feeling emotions that are not being addressed by her daddy and her best friend. It's a shame really. These cases often end in tears, unless there is an agreed methodology to such an arrangement and that it is agreed upon by all parties. 

I've recommended that she be honest with her daddy about her feelings,he should understand that a little would possess feelings of jealousy, and that considering he is her daddy he should truly care for her feelings and emotions and cater for her needs, although if he is simply a horny male using her for sex then he will continue to dismiss her, the poor girl.

In all honesty, the case sounds like the male was simply horny rather than any real connection or any real intention of an intimate relationship with multiple women.

Message to be communicated: DON'T ENGAGE IN ANY POLYAMOROUS PRACTICES/ACTIVITES UNLESS YOU ARE FULLY COMFORTABLE WITH THE SITUATION.

A daddy recently told me about another sort of poly relation that I had never seen: A mommy and a daddy with one little. And now I'm super curious... Does anyone know more about this?

It wouldn't be much different than any ordinary poly relationship, it would just be a new triad where there are two dominants (MD and DD) and then the little, and all 3 are together. I guess my question would be what would you like to know about it?

To answer the question on my end: My belief in the openness of a relationship is basically "communicate with me and we'll see how it works". But I've only ever had someone share my partner once and that was an entirely messed up situation that I don't really think counts towards this. So that's why I think that opinion might change over time, but for now I have my own perspective on it. For example, I'm okay with my perspective little seeing other people as regular people, but I feel like the title of Daddy is earned by me and not anyone else.

My "Poly" experience wasn't good at all. I use quotations because it was not handled like a proper Poly relationship should be, or at least to my understanding. 

Because it was long distance, at one point I'd suggested something more open, and my dom decided it was the only way our relationship would work out. We discussed it in person when he visited and talked out all concerns and what was off limits, what was not. My main concern was I did not want to be included at all in what he was doing with the physical little he would have. I was not comfortable or ready to be forced to deal with my insecurities in that way. 

A few weeks after the visit, I was asked to speak with her. Something that I was not ready for. I was upset that my wishes hadn't been respected and when I did agree to speak to her to explain how I felt so I could have full understanding from all parties, she then according to him freaked out and refused to speak to me because my response had scared her off... This was the start of things going south. After days of fighting we both decided because of how she had handled the matter that she wasn't a proper partner and we would work through what had happened the two of us. When he then explained any future partner would have to speak to me and socialize with me whether I wanted it or not, I backed out completely. 

For me, as I am new and insecure I prefer to keep my relationships separate. Everyone knows there's no monogamy, but I like to have each relationship as a "bubble" almost just me and them with the ability to focus on one another when we share our time together. At least until I get confident enough to try socializing with the other person in my partner's life. I'd thought that I'd made the mature decision having something open and letting fate take it's course. But I was wrong...

I'm not against poly relationships at all. I like the dynamic and I'm curious about sharing a daddy and having another little that I can be close like that with. But I think I'll choose a partner who I can trust will take both our needs into consideration seriously and will respect my desire to maintain those "bubbles" while I'm adjusting. 

I guess my question would be what would you like to know about it?

I was mainly wondering if anyone had an experience in this kind of poly relationship (a daddy and a mommy with a little)

Guest DominantBlogger

I was mainly wondering if anyone had an experience in this kind of poly relationship (a daddy and a mommy with a little)

I've had relationships before where my little and I were both the caregivers for another little.  I don't think that is exactly what you mean, though.

Mm I didn't think this thread would be relevant to me but I've recently been invited to join a couple she previously I never thought that I could do a poly relationship. But I see it differently now that he's not my boyfriend. As far as I can tell they do not have a dd/lg relationship but they do appear to be kinksters and maybe into some pet play or light d/s.

I still have to approach the subject with daddy because he gets jealous although he's very much so long distance and we're technically not in a relationship but I still like to get his opinion. The couple however does have their differences and I would not like to be a negative addition or cause any drama. I'm a very drama free person and would like for our relationship to be very easy and happy. He says his girlfriend would love me but also that she could become jealous. I'm currently awaiting to hear from her so that we can speak and get to know each other as I only know him as of now.

I don't know what I'm asking per say right now but what would you guys do? I need all the opinions I can get.

Daddy wants to do a poly type relationship and get me a sister. He wants me to have a friend and he wants to give to someone as well as me. But I know that I will be too jealous. I don't like to share...

• Like 1

Guest DominantBlogger

Mm I didn't think this thread would be relevant to me but I've recently been invited to join a couple she previously I never thought that I could do a poly relationship. But I see it differently now that he's not my boyfriend. As far as I can tell they do not have a dd/lg relationship but they do appear to be kinksters and maybe into some pet play or light d/s.

I still have to approach the subject with daddy because he gets jealous although he's very much so long distance and we're technically not in a relationship but I still like to get his opinion. The couple however does have their differences and I would not like to be a negative addition or add any dreams. I'm a very drama free person and would like for our relationship to be very easy and happy. He says his girlfriend would love me but also that she could become jealous. I'm currently awaiting to hear from her so that we can speak and get to know each other as I only know him as of now.

I don't know what I'm asking per say right now but what would you guys do? I need all the opinions I can get.

Aloha littlemariposa

I honestly think you are the only one who can make this kind of decision as you are the only one who has all the relavant information.  I've rarely seen this scenario work, long term.  But that doesn't mean it is wrong.  Just remember, if you do decide to pursue this relationship, they are the primary couple and you are the 'addon', for lack of a better term.  If there are problems, it will likely be you that is asked to leave the relationship. 

Anyways, good luck to you in whatever decision you make and I hope it works well for you.

Aloha littlemariposa

I honestly think you are the only one who can make this kind of decision as you are the only one who has all the relavant information. I've rarely seen this scenario work, long term. But that doesn't mean it is wrong. Just remember, if you do decide to pursue this relationship, they are the primary couple and you are the 'addon', for lack of a better term. If there are problems, it will likely be you that is asked to leave the relationship.

Anyways, good luck to you in whatever decision you make and I hope it works well for you.

Thank you for answering. Yes I'm very aware that as the addition I would very likely be the one asked to leave the relationship and I would be very willing and able to accept that if it were to come to that as I have no real attachment yet. I'm also aware that these relationships are not typically long term and that's also fine by me. If anything I'd rather it be more of a friendly thing where I can be a friend to both of them who may sometimes get involved. I have no interest in breaking them up or anything malicious but I don't want to get hurt myself either. I'm going to try to express that to him. Thanks again for helping me come to this conclusion! =)

I enteted this thread expecting it not to be relevent to me but found it very informative. Daddy and I have talked about the vanilla version of a three some. It's something he wants very badly and though I have had one and didn't particularly enjoy it I am open to the idea of doing it again just once for him. He knows that I have a very hard time sharing. As much as I am his, I feel that he is mine. Reading about having it so that he is Dom to both myself and the third person, but I'm switch and dominant to her makes it easier to imagine. Thank you. I'm excited to talk to Daddy about it.

We're poly, with some limited experience.  I don't know that I'd be OK with another daddy/little being involved, but very little about our poly side is set in stone given that we discuss it.   Our experience with poly has been primarily adult things, and it really wasn't something that was discussed.  But given the right person, that's a very interesting question.

I enteted this thread expecting it not to be relevent to me but found it very informative. Daddy and I have talked about the vanilla version of a three some. It's something he wants very badly and though I have had one and didn't particularly enjoy it I am open to the idea of doing it again just once for him. He knows that I have a very hard time sharing. As much as I am his, I feel that he is mine. Reading about having it so that he is Dom to both myself and the third person, but I'm switch and dominant to her makes it easier to imagine. Thank you. I'm excited to talk to Daddy about it.

Vanilla version of a threesome...  I love that we're in a lifestyle where threesomes are vanilla  :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in this lifestyle. I would like mine to be Daddy-Mommy-little-little. I'd be one of the littles. I know I could never switch and be a Domme in any form. Nothing against it...I'm just  a very naturally submissive person. I have a personal ad up on this site, as I am looking for some others...but I have tried ads before on other sites and I never get any responses...other than the creepy inappropriate kind. I know what I'm doing when it comes to writing in general but am inexperienced when it comes to the DDlg and BDSM in general scenes...so I am sure it's me doing something wrong.