•  

• Languages~

• Please log in to reply
    49 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_~Spooky_Ghoul~_*

Guest_~Spooky_Ghoul~_*
    • Guests

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:07 PM

I learned Spanish and English at the same time growing up and I'm currently learning German in college ( all the der,die, das is the hardest part for me). I want to pick up French too. I had taken some Italian in middle school but don't remember any of it sadly.

#22 Guest_ittybittylove_*

Guest_ittybittylove_*
    • Guests

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

I learned Spanish and English at the same time growing up and I'm currently learning German in college ( all the der,die, das is the hardest part for me). I want to pick up French too. I had taken some Italian in middle school but don't remember any of it sadly.

Oh my goodness. Der, die, das still messes me up. I get so fed up with it. You just kind of have to memorize it.

#23 ServusDei

ServusDei

Dominant Daddy

• Banned
    • PipPip
    • 27 posts
    • LocationOmsk, Russia

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

I find that learning languages is a great thing to put effort into. I am actually interested in German and Japanese. I currently know French (rusty), English. And I'm learning Greek right now. 

download

#24 Guest_littlemissragamuffin_*

Guest_littlemissragamuffin_*
    • Guests

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

I only speak English but I've been wanting to learn Japanese for years.

#25 Jmsplay

Jmsplay

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 118 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

I speak fluent English and Swedish, moderate German, and I'm learning Japanese, Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, Icelandic, and Russian. By no means am I any good at any of the aforementioned languages because I'm still learning.

not welcome here

#26 Jayslittlesweetthing

Jayslittlesweetthing

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 47 posts
    • LocationIn the Valley, California

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

I speak English, I used to be pretty good at American Sign Language (but I haven't practiced in forever and now my skills have nearly vanished :() and I'm in the process of learning Japanese!

#27 Luca

Luca

Jörmungandr

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 18 posts
    • LocationSE England

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:08 AM

Fluent in English, French, German, Spanish and Afrikaans, conversationally fluent in Bengali and Hindi, 6 years of school Gaelic, 2 years of University Korean, tiny bit of Hebrew.

Languages are kind of my thing, I'm a bit of a nut for them, same with music. I'm fairly average at about everything else but I'm absolutely obsessed with languages.

#28 Cherry41

Cherry41

Just a member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 183 posts
    • LocationNevada

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

I used to speak Spanish and French well enough to have conversations in it. Now I can understand about a third of what I hear and have a very basic conversation in Spanish and speak enough French to count out change and greet people. I am thinking of picking one of those and making an effort to regain my skill. 

Cherry

#29 SylviDoll

SylviDoll

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 22 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

This is so neat! 

I speak English and Spanish. I want to study abroad in Seoul, so I'm teaching myself Korean. If anyone wants to be penpals, send me a message!

tumblr_lmpg9jl57d1qfeod90.gif

#30 Xela

Xela

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts
    • LocationTexas

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:06 PM

I speak fluent Haitian Creole (Kreyól Ayisyen) and English. I am moderate in French and rusty in German. 2 and 1/2 years of the latter in college, btw.  :rolleyes:

OcUGqzV.gif?1

#31 paoDeLeite

paoDeLeite

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

I speak Portuguese, Spanish and English, for a long time I learned French but I already forgot  :(.

I want to learn  Japanese, i luv the calligraphy.

Edited by paoDeLeite, 10 April 2017 - 09:30 AM.

a3042b34acb4e504412b6d01dd62492d.gif

#32 Guest_aphroditelaughs_*

Guest_aphroditelaughs_*
    • Guests

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

I speak English and although I grew up listening to Spanish, I rebelled and refused to learn/speak it. I'm learning it now in college.

I started learning German when I was 12, but when I graduated high school I never used it again. I regret that, because I was really good.

#33 PinkiePie🐩

PinkiePie🐩

Lady-Baby

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 124 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

I'm learning Spanish right now. I took a few years of French in high school but I don't remember much.

#34 Frenchy

Frenchy

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 31 posts
    • LocationParis France

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:53 AM

I am a native French speaker (as you could guess), I believe I'm fairly fluent in English. Good level in German too, I understand very well what I hear and I can manage a spoken conversation but a bit rubbish at writing/spelling. Some bases in Portuguese, Afrikaans, Shangan and Swahili, but nowhere near a conversation level.

As to learning tips, obviously the best way is exposure, ideally direct but you can go quite far with movies/shows/books. I would recommand learning from context rather than learning endless list of words. And look up the chunking technique, I found it usefull to improve my English level one step further.

#35 Guest_CuddlyPenguin_*

Guest_CuddlyPenguin_*
    • Guests

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

I’m fluent in Arabic and English and am learning ASL!
    I’m interested in finding out though does anyone else on here speak Arabic ?
    It would be cool to meet someone (especially another little) to communicate with !

#36 xpaciprincesss

xpaciprincesss

✦alien baby✦

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 126 posts
    • LocationSaturn ~

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

Spanish is my mother tongue, but I started learning English at a very young age (I went to a British school and actually started reading/writing in English first), so I consider myself to be bilingual and fluent at both.

I studied French for 7 years, I understand it well, but have some trouble writing and speaking it.

I know some Italian and French, as I took classes in high school and lived/studied in Milan for a couple months.

I also understand some basic words and concepts and words in German and Japanese.

I'd love to have a penpal, if anyone wants to help me perfect my French or Italian skills, I could help you with your Spanish or English <3

tumblr_ohhsy0_TTOZ1ujm72fo1_1280.jpg

#37 Guest_Kaiser_*

Guest_Kaiser_*
    • Guests

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

My mother tongue is German. I am fluent in English, Russian, and Arabic. Speak decent Pashto and Urdu. My Spanish used to be good, but has gone to hell.

#38 Guest_Neter Tua_*

Guest_Neter Tua_*
    • Guests

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

I speak Zulu, Sotho (indigenous languages I will only get use here at home lol) and English well. I was learning French and Japanese, then I found kpop and kdramas and started with Korean. I only ever briefly touched Mandarin because of reasons. Now in the new year I'm only going to focus on two languages I want to take on for the next three years and French is one of them.

I love Duolingo and also recommend memrise(I think that's what it is) and some rosetta stone. Alternatively there are language courses on udemy and the other collage course mobile app/ learning website.

#39 ThePrincessMinMin

ThePrincessMinMin

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 151 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

こどもに、日本語をべんきょうしました. いま、日本語をわかります.
    「I studied Japanese as a child (began at 12). Now I understand.」
    Currently in school I'm learning French, and Hebrew on my own since I'll be visiting Tel'Aviv soon! XD

#40 HuggingBear

HuggingBear

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 11 posts
    • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:03 AM

My german is perfect *cough* born in austria *cough*
    my spoken english is broken but understandable
    i learned a bit of italian in highschool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users