DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

✧・゚ Cute DIY Little snacks ideas?

Wolfycheeks

Hello hello!

Recently my Daddy has helped me a lot with eating healthy and discipline, we both want to be super fit, and my daddy wants me to look healthy and have a healthy body and figure! So instead of choosing pizza he chose to make a salad today!! Salad is way grosser than pizza, but in the long run it's soo worth it!! Now I was thinking, you have things like nutella pancakes, or certain crackers or chippies that are ideal in littlespace, but what are some healthy variations that are cute? We eat enough fruit, but since fruit has quite some sugar aswell we're not too big on constantly snacking on different fruits!

Give me your cute suggestions!! Keep it healthy!! ~

• Like 1

Hey!

I'm so happy to see you looking for ideas here too! I couldn't be more proud of the progress you've made since we started, you weren't kidding when you said you got toned really easily! Now you already have that vertical line on your abs too, and it looks amazing! I guess that's the advantage of already having a lot of self-control with eating. I also can't believe how lucky I was to meet someone here who understands my need to have a partner that's just as fit as me, and so far you've been more than living up to my standards ♥

So, also looking forward to hear your ideas! We've discussed the obvious carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes, but we like to be a little bit more creative to have more options and add diversity to what we eat. Having many delicious choices will only help us get closer to our ideal bodies.

Yo you can make a really healthy pizza by replacing the dough with cauliflower. You grate it up and mix it was parmesan and something else (I gotta look up the recipe) and it's super goooood. I usually do veggie pizza so it all works out. 

You can make buffalo/bbq/etc wings with cauliflower as well. 

It's all super tasty and low cal. 

• Like 1

You could try arranging different colored bell peppers, cauliflower, lettuce, broccoli, snap peas, and carrots to make a pretty picture. You could even make it a contest! Who can make the better picture and be the most creative?

Edit: Food coloring can also brighten up your meals and snacks. ^~^

Edited by Panda God

Yay to you for taking your health Seriously. And doing it with your daddy will make a great little team.

I love snacking on apple and cheese, wholemeal pitta bread and veggies cut up with houmous for protein, vitamins and fibre.

I like pasta salads, use a spiraliser to turn veggies into noodles especially courgette and cucumbers (it livens up boring salads). Nuts and seeds are great little sources of protein and minerals (just not too many).

And remember to stay hydrated with water in your sippy cup (if you like it that way).

Yay to you for taking your health Seriously. And doing it with your daddy will make a great little team.

I love snacking on apple and cheese, wholemeal pitta bread and veggies cut up with houmous for protein, vitamins and fibre.

I like pasta salads, use a spiraliser to turn veggies into noodles especially courgette and cucumbers (it livens up boring salads). Nuts and seeds are great little sources of protein and minerals (just not too many).

And remember to stay hydrated with water in your sippy cup (if you like it that way).

Ahh that's such a good suggestion!! Thank you!! I'm 5ft5/6 and around 96lbs and since I'm not a big eater at all we're trying really hard to come up with interesting snacks and stuff!! I'm also very picky haha. Will have to try making pasta out of cucumbers lolol that sounds adorable! Thank you! :3

• Like 1

Thanks! This is so sad lol but I have tips on making pasta/noodles and they have their own names depending what you make the out of...

Carrots-coodles

Cucumber-cuoodles

Sweet potato -swoodles

Potato-Poodles

Also they take like no time to make.

Oh how about soup? I love soup and homemade is very healthy.

Good luck on it all!

Guest QueenPrincess

Kale chips are a solid choice (much cheaper if you get a bundle of kale and make it yourself, ideally in a dehydrator, but not necessary)

Almond butter (with only almonds as the only ingredient) off-sets apples and strawberries beautifully.

Dehydrating fruit to make fruit chips

The ultimate healthy, guilt-free (no salt, no oil, no cheese) pizza recipe:

• Dough: 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/3-1/2 cup of water made into a dough for crust
  • Sauce: Tomato paste with lots of herbs (mostly oregano and onion flakes; some garlic powder, rosemary, and basil; a little thyme) mixed with some water for sauce
  • Cheese Replacement: Blend about half a yellow pepper with a generous handful of soaked cashews and a bit of water to liquify and pour it over the pizza

Preheat to 425 degrees and bake for 20-25. 

(credit where credit is due: "Mic the Vegan" on YouTube)

The ultimate healthy, guilt-free mac and cheese (no cheese, gluten free if that matters) recipe

• Boil chickpea pasta (I think it's available most grocery stores now, brand is called Banza)
  • Blend a cup of cannellinni beans (canned or premade), 1/2 a cup of milk (I only ever tried this with unsweetened almond milk, your call), 1/4 teaspoon garlic, three heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast, a pinch of turmeric, a pinch of rosemary, and a pinch of thyme. 
  • When the pasta is done strain it, then combine it with the cheese sauce in the pot to heat and combine for a minute or so.
  • Afterwards add salt to taste, I think the key is to add it after you finish combining the pasta and sauce

(credit where credit is due, cheese sauce recipe: Chocolate Covered Katie [blog] )

• Like 1

Guest QueenPrincess

healthier (and, honestly, better) nutella spread (control sugar consumption, no soy lecithin, no oil, ideally cut out the granulated sugar all together)

- Soak three cups of raw hazelnuts for a few hours/ overnight

- Put hazelnuts in a food processor, wait until they become a smooth nut-butter.

- Add a few table spoons of cocoa or cacao powder

- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract

- Once everything is blended add a one or two tablespoons of maple syrup or agave

(Credit where credit is due: This recipe is ALL OVER the youtubes, but I'll credit an awesome blogger call minimalist baker)

hack: if you're lazy like moi/ want to make just one/two servings at a time, you can just use plain almond butter (nothing but almonds in the ingredients) and stir with a fork like a friggin' maniac. Tastes not much like nutella, but delicious in it's own way)

Guest glitter bunny

hummus with pita and carrots!!! or on toast with bell pepper!  great quick go-to snack. 

if you really like chickpeas (which i do, YUM!) i make a mock tuna-salad out of chickpeas and mayo (i use vegetarian mayo :p

chickpeas, mayo, onions, celery, salt/pepper to taste, on toast sooooo yum !!!!!!!

Veggie Nuggets courtesy of macheesemo. The recipe calls for frying and breadcrumbs but you can omit that.

2-3 medium carrots

1 parsnip
2 small new potatoes
1 golden beet
1 stalk broccoli
1 Serrano pepper, seeded (opt.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Roughly cut up all your veggies

Blanch these vegetables in salted, boiling water. They will need different times so don’t just toss them all in together. The broccoli will cook quickly, maybe 2-3 minutes, while the other vegetables will need closer to ten minutes.

The finished blanched vegetables should be fork tender.

At this point, these homemade veggie nuggets are pretty easy IF you have a food processor.

If you don’t have a processor and want to try them out, your best bet is to mash the veggies together with a potato masher. Or you could try grating them on a box grater.

A food processor makes quick work of it though. Just pulse everything together including the Serrano pepper and salt and pepper.

The mixture will stick together at this point, but it’s fragile. I wouldn’t recommend shaping the nuggets right away.

Instead, spread the mixture out on a baking sheet in an even thickness.

Stick the baking sheet in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. You don’t want it to be frozen solid, but you want it pretty cold and solid.

Then use a small cookie cutter to cut out your nuggets!

https://www.macheesmo.com/homemade-veggie-nuggets/

Watermelon Pizza

•  ripe watermelon, rind washed and sliced into 1" thick rounds
  • 1 pint blueberries, washed and dried
  • 1 pint strawberries, washed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut of almond slices
  • 1 container non-dairy whipped topping or homemade coconut whipped cream
  • Instructions
  1. Wash watermelon before slicing and cut into 1" thick rounds. Set rounds aside (single layer) on parchment or wax paper lined baking sheets.
  2. Wash and dry blueberries.
  3. Wash, dry, remove stems and thinly slice strawberries from top to bottom.
  4. Spread 2 T of non-dairy whipped topping on each round of watermelon.
  5.  Top with fruit and nuts.
  6. Freeze for 30 to 40 minutes or until whipped topping is set. Remove, slice into "pizza slices" and serve immediately. Enjoy!