DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

New to the ddlg

Littlebitconfused

Guest mayachan

I think he should be self confident but still caring and very protective of those that needs protection. A bit strict and dominant but not scary and not afraid to trust. Mender of the broken, painter of the dreams, caring gardener that looks at his flowers with a pride in his eyes, because he helped them grow.

I'm talking in regards to how he should conduct himself on Facebook, should he be friending a lot of women when he is involved with me, should there be boundaries because he is in fact a Dom. With this being my first time I want to be sure I have a good understanding and that my insecurities are not causing the issue.

Guest mayachan

O, you're a Little then, sorry i thought you're a Daddy. The most basic need that your Daddy should you help with is need of being center of attention. If you feel abandoned or neglected and not loved that means your Daddy is doing a crappy job. Especially if you feel it because of his other romantic intertests.

The best is still talk before being involved and just tell him what you need.

Edited by mayachan

I feel hurt more than anything that he would need to add so many females when I should be where his focus is. I tried to explain that it was a shock to see, and was told he was a social person and though he was not talking to them his only answer to why add them in the first place was common interests. Part of me is like its no big deal and the other part is why would he need them if in his own words he could care less about social media.
  • Like 1

I feel hurt more than anything that he would need to add so many females when I should be where his focus is. I tried to explain that it was a shock to see, and was told he was a social person and though he was not talking to them his only answer to why add them in the first place was common interests. Part of me is like its no big deal and the other part is why would he need them if in his own words he could care less about social media.

I think you should probably talk with him in depth. Maybe he just likes having a lot of friends? Maybe he's dating 7 people at once? Maybe he's a mass murderer looking for his next victim? The only one who knows the answers to these questions is him.

I have no issue with my daddy friending other girls on social media because I know his intent is to befriend them, not to date them. If you don't know his intent, you should ask him about it and hopefully resolve your issues.

Also, just because someone is in a relationship with you doesn't mean they're not allowed to have other female friends. You should be allowed to talk to other men, and he should be allowed to talk to other women as long as you're not looking for other partners.

DDLG is no different from any other relationship in that regard. Him having friends on social media doesn't mean he's cheating on you. Talk to him about it if you're concerned.

• Like 1

I understand that and have never told him not too, I just seem to be having a hard time dealing with it. i asked him why he friended them and he told me the same reason people friend cause he wanted to and that they have common interests. Which I understand that too. I told hi it didn't make me feel respected or wanted and he still is friending.

i think he should have lots of both gendered friends on Facebook . and i believe as long as the woman hes following don't look sluty in pics that there is nothing to wory about hun!

Thank you, I just needed some different perspectives. They are women from the different groups he is in, which is a broad spectrum from politics to the lifestyle groups to gaming ones.

I don't understand adding friends to facebook who you do not know. The whole friend collecting thing just doesn't make sense to me. I don't want to see what people I don't care about are up to haha.  

If he's actually friends with the women then I don't see the problem. But talking to him about it is really the only way to fix this. Tell him how it makes you feel and see if he can settle your thoughts, or if you can come to some kind of agreement. 

I have spoken to him, he got frustrated and went on to ask me did he have to run who he friends by me and little remarks like that. i told him no that would be ridiculous, and he told me he is a social person and that wouldn't be changing. He is still accepting friend request even thought he does not know these women personally.