DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

New to DDlg ;;

cinnamon_squish

Hi, so im new to ddlg. I found out what is was about four months ago, when an online friend suggested that I try regresssing into it to try and help with my stress. I bought myself a bunch of cute coloring books, crayons, clothes, and even pulled out all my childhood stuffies but i have trouble regressing into the headspace. Ive heard people say that when their in little space, their big space doesnt have any control over their body? but everytime i try, i keep thinking in bigspace and just cant regress into it. I need some help! Can someone tell me how they regressed into little space the first time? Thanks you

xx cinna :D

Guest BabyPeach

The term "little space" means different things for different people.  I have never, and will never, regress so much that I wasn't also big me.  Big me is hovering behind the scenes while little me has fun and just enjoys being little and carefree.  I mean, I personally don't see how someone can literally just be little and not have the adult aspect floating in the background.  I'm not saying it can't be done though.  I guess other people do it but, even if I could do it, it's not for me.  I don't want to lose complete control over myself or my surroundings at the age of 3.

Anyway, my point is that, that might not be possible for you either.  That doesn't mean that you can't enjoy little space nor does it mean that you aren't a little.  Just do things little you likes and let it come naturally.

Edited by BabyPeach

so there are no rules into how to feel or be a little. 

i don't get into a certain space, personally for me, sometimes I feel like a little and i just naturally act like one. when i'm in a space to do it more, i normally and natural just feel, act, am a little. :) 

just do whatever is comfortable. there's no guidelines or steps. if you can't get into that space you're trying to get to, don't force it! 

personally i don't do coloring books or little activities. it's totally up to the person  ;)

Guest Looby-Lou

There's no absolute definition of "little space" and there's no need for you to try so hard to achieve "it". Take the pressure off yourself :)

If you enjoy colouring, or playing with stuffies, or dressing up, then go ahead and do it.  If you get absorbed in what you're doing and it helps you to be less stressed, then that's wonderful. 

You might suddenly realise that an hour has passed by and you felt relaxed and happy, enjoying some child like activities.  Or you might find that you're kind of enjoying the activity but your adult brain is still wondering about an adult problem.  Whatever happens, it's ok.  It's not a test! It's better to give yourself a chance to relax, enjoy the time, and just see what happens. Over the weeks and months, you'll find out what works for you, what helps you, what doesn't feel right for YOU. 

There's a lot of information on this website, and people are always happy to answer questions. I hope you enjoy being little, in a way that fits with YOU.