DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Tasty Treats For Tiny Tummies!

Guest QueenJellybean

One of my favorite snacks my Daddy makes me.

Inside Out Peachy Pie

Ingredients

1/2 cup of rice flour, all purpose flour or whole wheat flour

2 Tbsp of butter

1/8 tsp of salt

2 tsp of cane sugar

3-4 tsp of water

4-8 peaches(according to how many you are serving)

Directions

Heat the oven to 400 degrees

Wash and cut the peach in half and take the pit out.

In a bowl combine the flour, butter, , salt, cane sugar, and mix by hand  until it becomes crumbly

Add water until a ball of dough forms

Roll 1 Tbsp of dough into a ball and place it into the hole in the peach where the pit use to be. Leave it open face. Repeat until all Peach halves are filled with dough ball.

Place in individual baking dish or baking pan

Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes. Let peach cool before serving.

Serve with the juices from the peach and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip cream.

Yummy. 

gVaQuLR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Broken Glass Cupcakes 

http://i63.tinypic.com/2w344dd.jpg

Ingredients: 

can white frosting

box red velvet cake mix

SUGAR GLASS:

cups water

cup light corn syrup

3½ cups white sugar

¼ teaspoon cream of tartar

EDIBLE BLOOD:

½ cup light corn syrup

tablespoon cornstarch

¼ cup water, or more as needed

15 drops red food coloring

drops blue food coloring

Directions

Prepare red velvet cake mix According to box, line cupcake tins with paper cupcake liners. Divide cake batter between lined cupcake tins. Bake according to box instructions. Let cool and frost cupcakes with white frosting. Make the sugar glass. Mix 2 cups water, 1 cup corn syrup, white sugar, and cream of tartar in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Use a candy thermometer and boil sugar syrup until temperature reaches 300°F (hard ball), stirring constantly. The mixture will thicken as water evaporates. When sugar reaches 300°F, quickly pour onto a metal baking pan. This can take up to an hour -- patience! And, don't let the sugar burn. Cool until completely hardened. Break into "shards" using a meat mallet. Make the edible blood. Mix together 1/2 cup corn syrup and cornstarch in a large bowl. Slowly stir in the 1/4 cup of water, adding more if necessary, until the corn syrup mixture has thickened to the consistency of blood. Stir in the red and blue food coloring. Stab each frosted cupcake with a few shards of broken sugar glass. Drizzle on drops of "blood" to complete the effect.

Edited by Sparklefrosting
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how to make octo-dogs!!!

1. Cut a hot dog in half.
  2. Turn one half on its flat side. From about an inch from the top, cut a slit all the way through to the bottom. 
  3. Turn the hot dog 90 degrees to the uncut side and repeat. 
  4. Hold 3 legs up and look "inside".
  5. Boil the hot dogs.
  6. Drain them using a slotted spoon.
  7. Cool and enjoy.
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

• 1 month later...

Can Daddies contribute?

I'll start with a super easy one.  Not really a "recipe" per se, but perfect for when you need um nums RIGHT NOW.  And they're amaaaazing.

Eggo Waffle sandwiches:

Two eggo waffles (I usually use the plain ones, but any will work.)

Smooth peanut butter

Favorite jam or jelly of your choice.

Milk(or preferred alternative)

Toast the eggos to golden brown and crisp.  You want them as hot as possible.  Then immediately spread on the peanut butter and jam.  The peanut butter will melt and become the most decadent, ooey gooey thing ever.  Serve with a big tall glass of frosty cold milk.  (or your preferred alternative if you have a milk sensitive tummy)

Edited by Daddy4Princess

I bet a lot of you recently read or watched the Polar Express, with it's talk of hot chocolate like "melted candy bars".  Here is that hot chocolate.

The Last Hot Chocolate You'll Ever Need:

(recipe is one cup.  This stuff is decadent to the extreme.  You'll never look at the powdered cocoa the same way again.)

2 to 3 ounces milk chocolate (I recommend Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips)

1/4 tsp Vanilla

1/2 tsp butter

1 cup half & half

In a double boiler, combine chocolate, butter, and vanilla.  Stir together until completely melted and smooth.  Then add the half & half slowly, incorporating it gradually as it heats, but do not boil.  Once all the half & half is added, and its steamy and hot, serve immediately.  Garnish with your choice of marshy-mellows, peppermint sticks, or whipped cream and shaved chocolate.

"HOT HOT HOT!  WE GOT IT!  HOT HOT HOT!  WE GOT IT !"

• Like 2

Guest RocketCatRocketCat

I found this amazing Butterbeer cookie recipe online! I love it.

Here’s the link: https://www.sugarandsoul.co/harry-potters-butterbeer-pudding-cookies

(I edited these a little)

Ingredients:

- 1/2 cup unsalted butter

- 1/4 cup granulated sugar

- 3/4 cup light brown sugar

- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix dry

- 1/4 cup instant butterscotch pudding mix dry

- 2 large eggs

- 1 additional egg yolk

- 1 tsp vanilla extract

-1 tsp imitation butter/ butter flavoring

-1/2 tsp salt

-1 tsp baking soda

-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

-1 1/2 cup heath toffee bits straight toffee, not the chocolate toffee mix (personally I prefer butterscotch chips)

-yellow sprinkles optional

Instructions

1-In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if needed.

2- Add the pudding, eggs, additional egg yolk, vanilla, and imitation butter. Beat for about one minute on medium speed.

3- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.

4- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a 1/2 cup at a time and mix until combined.

5- Mix in the toffee chips.

6- Form into a giant ball and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for at least two hours. Remove a little while before baking so the dough can soften a bit and is easier to work with.

7- Scoop the dough using a medium cooking scoop and roll the dough between your hands to form round balls of dough and place onto a nonstick baking sheet about two inches apart. Top with yellow sprinkles, if desired.

8-Bake at 350 F for 10-13 minutes.

9- Cool on the pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

10-YUMMY TIME!

Edited by RocketCatRocketCat

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of desserts & treats here so I want to add my favorite side dish.

Girls, this is a fantastic dish to bring to dinner parties & it's still sweet!!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 eggs, beaten

1 (8.5 ounce) jiffy corn bread mix

1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn,drained

1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn

1 cup sour cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.

In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, corn bread mix, whole and creamed corn and sour cream.

Spoon mixture into prepared dish.

Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.

There are a lot of desserts & treats here so I want to add my favorite side dish.

Girls, this is a fantastic dish to bring to dinner parties & it's still sweet!!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 eggs, beaten

1 (8.5 ounce) jiffy corn bread mix

1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn,drained

1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn

1 cup sour cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.

In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, corn bread mix, whole and creamed corn and sour cream.

Spoon mixture into prepared dish.

Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.

Looks like an awesome recipe! Also, friendly reminder that not all littles here identify as "girls." Thanks! <3 

Rice Krispie Sushi!

Ingredients:

Rice Krispie cereal

Marshmallows

Fruit roll ups

Butter

Whatcha do:

Melt marshmallows and a little bit of butter in the microwave and mix them together and then stir the mix into the cereal. Separate the mix into balls and wrap them in cut up pieces of fruit roll up.

And enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Green Tea Cookies

CJDwdQM.jpg

BuzzFeed Recipe: find it here! Copy and pasted.

12 sheets

Materials:
150 g flour
White chocolate (crush) 100 g
Melted butter (salt free) 100 g
Brown sugar 100 g
Granulated sugar 50 g
1 egg
1 tablespoon of green tea
1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Salt knob
How to make
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and melted butter in the bowl and mix well.
3. Add eggs and mix until the fabric falls like a ribbon.
4. Sift the flour, powdered green tea, baking soda, baking powder and mix it tightly with the rubber bellows until the powder disappears.
5. Add crushed white chocolate and mix, cool in a refrigerator for 1 hour or more.
6. Scoop (5) with an ice cream dish and place it at an interval of about 10 cm on the top board with the cooking sheet laid.
7. Bake in an oven at 180 ℃ for 12 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down firmly!

Edited by Strawberry Sprinkles

• 4 weeks later...

this is not a fancy recipe but banana weetabix with a chopped banana and some blueberries and soy milk and a small (actually very big) helping of sugar is my favourite breakfast ever n_n

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
So when I was younger I would mix orange soda and milk.usually 50/50 but you can decide how you like it. It was so delicious it tasted like a cream sicle and every time I'm in little space it's my favorite thing to drink. Does anyone else have any little recips?

I mak super banana slices of bewwies! You cut a banana into slices, put some yummy yoghurt on it, and then a raspbewwy with a bwuebewwy in it on top. It yummy

My body cant handle a lot of sweets. Besides gold fish what savory treats do you like when you are feeling little?

Guest Yourspoopylilmonster

Sunflower seeds

Grhamcracker bears

They have scooby snack treats for humans... I think? They did at some point!!

• Like 1

Guest LittlePrincess21

Sunflower seeds

Grhamcracker bears

They have scooby snack treats for humans... I think? They did at some point!!

they are graham crackers that look like dog bones and say Scooby on them. I eat them all the time!

Any sort of cut up fruit is great! 

Popcorn 

If you like vegetables (I love them) those are super good too! 

• Like 1

Guest QueenJellybean

i love pickles, so definitely those! 

fruits of any kind, but specifically finger food fruits like grapes & raspberries. 

cucumber slices. 

cherry tomatoes.

carrot sticks & dip.

go-gurts or those little drinkables. 

pretzel sticks! they also make tiny little ones called 'itty bitties'. how cute can you get. 

olives.

cheese sticks! 

i also really like nuts & pumpkin seeds.