DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Is he my daddy?

Guest LorenaKazanowska

Guest LorenaKazanowska

We are in a very loving relationship and have been for around eighteen months now. We talk constantly, spend all the time his daughter isn't with him together, have a great sex life and I feel very emotionally secure.

He calls me little one, little princess, little girl, his good girl, his little drop of water, he sometimes buys me small plush toys, and a gigantic one as a birthday gift.

I noticed he purchased a similar thing for his actual daughter (she's 9), two little fluffy keychains, mine is an owl, because he sometimes reads to me ''the owl who was afraid of the dark'' which is a book I once mentioned to him that I used to love as a kid. Another was a frog because I told him a funny story about a pet toad I had once as a kid.

He encourages me to sleep with a stuffed camel that I've had since I was a child, and after sex, he will always give me the camel for me to go to sleep with.

He talks about giving me a bath, about pampering me and ''treating me like a real little princess'', once when I was feeling sad, he put a cartoon on and we watched it together. 

Once he told me quite explicitly that he ''needs me to be the little child inside that he'll guide and be sweet to'' as well as the strong and independent woman I am on the outside. 

Once, he apologised that he was busy and I said I understood, as his daughter needs to come first. He quickly said to me that neither of us are first or second, and that he doesn't see it that way, which honestly, given all of the ''my kids always come first'' rhetoric many parents have when it comes to relationships, rather surprised me.

We haven't actually talked about ddlg or anything of that nature, as honestly it was somewhat new to me too, hence why I'm seeking a vit of advice here, but, does this sound like he's my daddy/caregiver?

Thanks all for your replies!

Ok, I have to ask as this phenomenon totally and utterly baffles me. Why are you asking a bunch of random strangers on the Internet? Why dont you just ask your partner because he is the ONLY person who can actually answer that question.

You certainly make it sound like he is your Daddy without doubt but nobody here can say for sure or not. You aren't really asking for advice to be honest. You are asking folks to validate what you hope and what may or may not be true.

Sure, probably everyone here is going to say yes, I mean you've picked out a ton if details that point in the direction of DDlg BUT that doesn't necessarily it means that it is or not. You've basically made two other threads like this back in January where folks already told you it sounds like a DDlg dynamic.

So I'm curious, and this might come across rude but it's really not intended that way, but are you asking for advice, fishing for reassurance or trying to brag? If it's the first or second one then see the previous threads and talk to your partner. If it's the third, well, not much to say there.

Little kaiya

• Like 1

He's not your daddy until you and him decide together that that's the relationship you want. Sure, he sounds like he already does what a caregiver would do, but he may or may not even know what ddlg is. Just ask him. Until that conversation, he's just your boyfriend, not your daddy.

• Like 2

Guest Looby-Lou

He's not your daddy until you and him decide together that that's the relationship you want. Sure, he sounds like he already does what a caregiver would do, but he may or may not even know what ddlg is. Just ask him. Until that conversation, he's just your boyfriend, not your daddy.

This should be in capital letters and neon colour with blinking lights and sound effects.

What a concise, well written and spot on post! Wow!

Looby  :)

• Like 1