DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

DD/lg versus Ageplay?

Halebuscus

I just joined this site, so if this has already been discussed somewhere else, someone kindly lead me in that direction.

I'm trying to decide what it is my boyfriend and I do: ageplay, or have a DD/lg lifestyle. My boyfriend and I got into the BDSM scene right away, at the beginning of the relationship. I'm a sub, he's a dom. Now for a while, it was just that, referring to him as master or sir, myself being his slave/submissive.

Somewhere along the way, I started calling him daddy, and he calls me his little girl/babygirl. It escalated from there. This is where I get confused. I've read that one of the differences is that DD/lg has a power exchange, which my boyfriend and I have. But at the same time, our acts don't really go outside of the sexual. I don't act like a child all the time, or anything like that. I may "play the role" so to speak once in a blue moon, but it's definitely not all the time.

Another thing is that we don't play much into the whole, "little girl" aspect. I dress up...not often, but more than occasionally, but there are no diapers, stuffies, pacifiers, etc. We aren't really into that, more what the lg role represents (being innocent an submissive and all of that) rather than the literal lg role. I use the terms interchangeably, but ONLY because I don't know which one to use when referring to our dynamic.

So, if anyone can lead me in the right direction, that'd be swell.

Guest MyDaddyMyWorld
Do you need a specific name for it? Is it important? Sounds like this is just something you do during sex, not day to day. You sometimes age play, you sometimes don't. Just accept what you do, what you like, and don't worry about labelling it.
  • Like 1

If it feels right and both of you are comfortable with it, frankly I'd carry on simply because as well intentioned as labelling is, inevitably there are things that transcend any one label and even terms like age play different folk have different definitions. Ultimately for you does it matter? (Rhetorical question)

I agree withi other posts and although it sometimes is nice to have a label so that you can reach out to others with similar ideas a label can confine and limit your experience and growth.

I think you'll find plenty of people here that deviate from any set pattern that might be understood to be ddlg.

I think our sexuality among other things about each of us is fluid. Like a body of water, sometimes there are large waves, creating change and sometimes it is calm where things remain the same.

• Like 1

To me it is all a matter of trust.  To be in a true DDLG relationship (in my opinon only) there needs to be a lot of trust and respect, which, takes time an a lot of attention to build.  Age play, on the other hand, only requires a good imagination! 

I do agree with the others hear that if you are enjoying it and it is not harmful to anyone ... who cares what you call it.  Most of the titles have such varied definitions that it is hard to pin them down to begin with.  My definition of a Daddy and someone else's may be miles apart.  But from general experience, again in general terms.... age play and regression would be something that a sub / babygirl might do.  Once in a while as part of play.  Regression coming close to what a little is and less role play.  I had a babygirl that regressed and the first time it happened it was like a totally different person was in the room with me, where age play may only require a good imagination as Daddyhugs mentions above.

Where from my experience littles have that with them all the time and is always a part of the dynamic.

These are just personal opinion and not from a learned scholar of the subject. :)

• Like 3

I think labels can make us try to mold ourselves to fit a certain way of being and there is no reason to go and do that.  I just joined this site, but in most of the groups I belong to they would probably tell you that age play is kind of more pretending to be a little girl and that being a little is more feeling like one, but again, I agree that it doesn't matter. 

• Like 1