22 replies to this topic

#21 babycakes13

babycakes13

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • LocationSuisun City, CA

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:44 PM

I decided to make this post to just see what others would think, is age ever an issue? I'm 37 years old and I feel like maybe I'm too old to be on this Forum. I've seen a lot of little's and middle's younger than I am, so it made me feel that maybe age could be an issue with me. Is age ever an issue with anyone? If they are older than you or younger than you are? This is simply just a question and I'm curious. Just feel that maybe I may not belong here, due to how old I am.

I relate to this so hard. I'm 38. I just recently joined this forum and have never been active in the cgl community before. One of my biggest hang ups was that I felt like I was just too old to even try. It wasn't until a few (fivish?) years ago that I really learned about cgl and had a name for how I sometimes feel (little). My other hang up is my size. Everywhere I'd look, I saw all these cute little 20-something littles and would immediately think there's no place for me here. And I still kinda feel that way. *shrug* I have decided to take the leap to explore anyway.

This was my rambley way to say that I can relate, and you're not alone. :)

• Triskelion and DaddyCharles44 like this

#22 baby_k

baby_k

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 294 posts
    • LocationEurope

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:06 PM

I always find it kinda strange that older people wonder if they belong to ddlg as they are the ones who really do if you ask me.

If we talk of kids, they are maybe just trying stuff out, scared to really grow up to be mature responsible adults or something else, so ddlg is often just a phase for them. Where as the older folks are more likely to stay as they already know their own mind ( somewhat, we are all learning obviously ) and it's who they are, and it's not about some random selfsearch which younger people go through ( like teenagers who one week are goths, next week hippies and so on ).

Also, imo person can't be a little untill they have truly grown up as otherwise they are just immature kids being kids. Defination of little is not "a child" but more along the lines of "ADULT who acts like younger person or plays role of a child". And the older one is, the more likely it is that the person is a 'true' adult, hence able to be actual little instead of just a real kid :p

• MysticSand, #1LittlePrincess and MissPattch like this

#23 SweetnessBaby75

SweetnessBaby75

Babygirl

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 AM

I am happy to have stumbled across this thread. I will soon be 45 and I was beginning to think I was one of the oldest littles on here. I never even made a post because I was feeling self conscious. I'm very happy to know that I'm not weird for being a little at my age. So thank you to whoever started this thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users