DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

My stuffie is clumpy (;・`д・´)

LittleAndStitch

Backstory: I'm a complete germophobe and I wash my bed sheets and my stuffies frequently. One time I put my stuffies in the dryer and the synthetic fur melted a little bit. Ever since then, I started air drying them. 

Anyway, today I noticed my favorite stuffie's fur was starting to get really clumpy. As stated before, it did have a little bit of dryer damage already, but this was different. I brushed it out with a hard bristle brush, but that didn't help. Any tips on how to get the clumps out of my stuffie. Thank youuuuu (^o^)

When I wash my stuffies I use the air fluff setting on my dryer, its no heat and no tumble so I haven't had that issue sorry.... the video posted above is good though, it does work just be careful and patient so you don't ruin them 

• Like 1

Once the fur gets damaged, it's often beyond repair but you can try using fabric softener and a firm brush/comb. The act of cuddling a plushie can certainly affect the texture of the fur over time and make it fold up and tangle itself.

Also, I appreciate that the instructional video linked features a vintage Popple. Those are notorious for fur that ages poorly.

When I wash my stuffies I use the air fluff setting on my dryer, its no heat and no tumble so I haven't had that issue sorry.... the video posted above is good though, it does work just be careful and patient so you don't ruin them 

I had that setting on my old dryer but the new one doesn't have it :(  thanks though! 

Once the fur gets damaged, it's often beyond repair but you can try using fabric softener and a firm brush/comb. The act of cuddling a plushie can certainly affect the texture of the fur over time and make it fold up and tangle itself.

Also, I appreciate that the instructional video linked features a vintage Popple. Those are notorious for fur that ages poorly.

ahhh i knew the stuffing could be affected by cuddling but i didn't even think about the fur. thank you for that tidbit