#21 SnowPea

SnowPea

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

I'm glad I found this thread :)
    I love and collect musical instruments, especially exotic ones with unique sounds! Of course, that doesn't mean I'm good at playing them!:p
    With that said, I play by ear, and prefer to only play what I've written or made up.
    So far, I have my trusty, dusty keyboard from 3rd grade, a synth from the 80's that sounds like gameboy music, a brand new modern synth with a vocoder (!),a guitar, banjo, Turkish baglama (saz), concertina, a lap harp without levers, 2 little glockenspiels, 2 tin whistles, a m'bira from Zimbabwe, a Chinese "Dizi" flute, pan flute, and a triple octave ocarina. Also, a djembe, practice drum, and a pair of bongos, cause why not!

#22 Jmsplay

Jmsplay

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 118 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:27 PM

I currently play piano, and I'm having lessons.

I can also play guitar decently, I prefer acoustic guitars/pieces.

I can also play a little bass, considering it's basically guitar, just with 4 strings. xD

I can also play drums, and I had lessons until a few years ago when I stopped because I got bored.

I like to think I can sing, too.

My most recent purchase was an Ibanez EW20ASE.

I own another electro-acoustic (Yamaha, idk which model), an electric guitar, an Ibanez bass, and an Aria ukelele.

I also have a keyboard, Casio or Yamaha - I forget.

I own Sibelius as well, although I'm not very good at it, lol.

I studied Music at GCSE.

That's basically everything.

not welcome here

#23 Jmsplay

Jmsplay

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 118 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

I've been playing the piano for 16 years. I can also play the flute and I'm learning the violin and trying to teach myself the guitar and I want to learn the trumpet too. I love music so much! It's a big part of my life and who I am. The piano is my main instrument. I love playing Chopin!

I love Chopin too! <3

His pieces are so beautiful.

not welcome here

#24 Okairi

Okairi

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts
    • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

You all are so awesome. I love musical people. I'm a classically trained singer. I like to think that I play piano well, but I'm not a pianist, if you get my drift. I've been trying to learn guitar for the past 10 years, but I'm still just a beginner. I also meddle a little in writing my own music.

#25 snailkit

snailkit

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts
    • LocationSeattle and OKC

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:44 PM

I'm a classical pianist and a musical theatre performer!!! Working with my friend Yael to compose a musical at the moment, in fact!

#26 Guest_ADudeHasNoName_*

Guest_ADudeHasNoName_*
    • Guests

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:33 AM

Pipe organ when I was little. I felt like a total badass playing toccata en fuge on a massive pipe organ. Everyone else was lame and wanted to be rock stars...I wanted to be the phantom of the opera.

#27 littlemonstergirl

littlemonstergirl

Daddy's Girl

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 41 posts
    • LocationIn a pillow fort

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

I use to play a little bass guitar when I was in high school, which was ad immediately quite a few years ago, I have been fiddling around with relearning it and I will probably get myself a cheap acoustic one to start playing on. I really want to play ukulele too, a friend of mine has one and let's me play around with it and it's really fun and relaxing. I have a couple of chords down

#28 Chantalkitty

Chantalkitty

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

I played the clarinet in highschool, and still on and off today. Ive been playing guitar since I was 12, drums since 13, piano since 15 and cello since 16.

#29 Guest_Mr TwitchPool_*

Guest_Mr TwitchPool_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:57 AM

So pleased to see people continuing to post, music is magical.

I'm happy to collaborate with anyone who wants to lay some stuff down. Would be fun.

#30 Looking408

Looking408

Looking408

• Members
    • Pip
    • 8 posts
    • LocationSF BAY AREA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

I am professional classical musician. I started piano when I was 5. ( I asked to play) picked up the clarinet in the 5th grade because the band teacher needed lot of them. Both my parents are cellists and music teachers, they never forced me to play, I always wanted to.

They didn't think I'd last long on the clarinet but I proved them wrong. I was the first person in twenty years to be accepted into the Marine Corps to play in the band out of Washington State and received a full playing scholarship to a very prestigious Conservatory, I am pitch perfect and also sing. I also play most woodwind a but love clarinet, oboe, English horn and the saxophone family.

I would hope when I get to have a family my kids would enjoy music and ballet/gymnastics.

#31 Guest_Mr TwitchPool_*

Guest_Mr TwitchPool_*
    • Guests

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:33 AM

That's amazing, thank you for sharing :)

#32 LittleJosh

LittleJosh

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 54 posts
    • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:19 AM

I play guitar since i was 9. I write/record country music and have traveld and performed alot in Canada. I have several guitars from Fender Strats, to my fav Martin D-28 accoustic!

#33 ducky

ducky

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 127 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

I play the upright/double/contra/string/stand up bass for my school's orchestra. I played the violin for four years before I ditched it for my big ole' buddy bass. I own a bass guitar but I never learned it. It's dumb. 

#34 littlebabylion

littlebabylion

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

I sing (I can cover all styles, from jazz to opera to contemporary and basically anything else), I play piano, I am learning guitar, and yeah :). I don't like to brag, but singing us the only thing I'm truly good at, so yeah. Singing is everything to me, I'm in multiple choirs and I write my own music, and I'm also in Once Upon a Mattress :) :) :)

#35 StarEyed

StarEyed

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 110 posts
    • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

I played piano and trombone when I was a kid. And I've been in several choirs off and on over the years as I love to sing. Lately though I've been learning how to play the Uke and maybe one day I'll finally pick up a guitar and learn that as well.

picgifs-stars-473340.gif

#36 Guest_ShyFairyPrincess_*

Guest_ShyFairyPrincess_*
    • Guests

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

I played the oboe for 9 years and I'd like to pick it back up again someday. I'm learning the mandolin and I've been a classical vocalist since I was a kid. One day I'd like to front a power metal project :3

Im an oboist too! This is my fifth year on oboe and eleventh year on piano. I play a lot of somber music, I really enjoy being expressive and passionate with my playing. When I'm in little space I play the waltz from swan lake a lot and the soundtrack to Inside Out! 😊

#37 confusedunicorn

confusedunicorn

Advanced Member

• Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 47 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:01 AM

Hello! :3

I know how to play the guitar but im not the best at it and i love to sing :3 im pretty good at it, not bragging or anything.

#38 Guest_little domi_*

Guest_little domi_*
    • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

Hi! I play the piano and the flute. I have a violin that I bought on a whim a long time ago, so I'm hoping to learn how to play that sometime in the future! I love most music, but was trained to play classical music at an early age, so that's what I love to play mostly.

#39 Guest_aphroditelaughs_*

Guest_aphroditelaughs_*
    • Guests

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

I've been singing since I learned to speak. I don't have any training though - just many years of practice. I'm thinking about taking my vocal/song writing abilities more seriously and doing something with them, but we'll see.

#40 xpaciprincesss

xpaciprincesss

✦alien baby✦

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 126 posts
    • LocationSaturn ~

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Daddy is a DJ and producer, he also plays some guitar.

As for me, I sing.

tumblr_ohhsy0_TTOZ1ujm72fo1_1280.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users