DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Needing help being an Adult?

little-miss

I am not sure if this has been a discussion before, but I find myself being able to go into little space easily, but when it come to adult things like house work and due dates I cannot seem to get organized or have the motivation to do it. Does anyone else have this issue? How can I fix it being a single little..?
  • Like 1

Guest cookie_crumble_princess

Hi little-miss. I figured out an indirect way someone to check on me. It works at least 60% of the time. If you go to work or have friends, you can tell them about what you have to get done, in an off handed manner. That way the next time they call, text, or contact you through social media they will ask if you have done it. I don't think it's is the same exact effect of having a DD, but I feel move motivated to get it done. If I don't complete the task(s) feel guilty when they later ask.

Guest Daddy's☆treasure

I agree with Baby_Squirrel but I also think that maybe what you could do is give yourself "little' rewards for doing the adult things you have to do? Like..tell yourself that You will buy a new colouring book but only if you complete the housework. Try to motivate the little you in order to motivate the big you. If that makes sense?

:)

Guest Strawberry

Maybe you could try keeping up with to do lists? I find myself more motivated when I can see what I have to do in so much time and then much more satisfied when I see what I have accomplished at the end of the day. It helps to use a really pretty notebook, glitter pens, or stickers to make it fun so that the list isn't boring and a burden. Adulting should be easier when you have something fun to look at (to-do lists), something to look forward to (rewards system), and others checking on you   <3  *glitter*

Ughhh. I can relate. Daddy and I just finished our honeymoon and I got to be Little most of it since we stayed in a cabin in the woods in Canada. Tomorrow I have to return to work after being gone for a week and a half and I'm absolutely dreading it after getting to color, use my binky, say Daddy and suck my thumb for a week!!!