DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

What is a Middle?

Guest Sae

I'm trying to define what a Middle is, because I feel like I define with being one. But I'm not super super sure or clear what a middle is. 

This is what I think it is:

I think a little is someone who can be older. Like 6-8. Which is probably why some littles like more harder coloring things, not so much paci's and sippy cups. Some Littles are younger, which explains paci's and other things. and then there is ABDL which is different than a little. Middle are I guess more preteeny. or maybe teenagers. Like Nymphets?

It's hard to understand because the term middle hasn't really been defined too much in the Ddlg community.

So I was simply wondering...

What is a middle to you? What 'age' do you think a middle is?

Also do you think Nymphets are the same as Littles?

• Like 1

I enjoy a range of 10-12 and I consider myself a middle! I do call myself a little though! I think a middle is more of a tweenish little! I can't say for sure but that's just how I feel it applies to me!

I think I'm more of a middle too although I say I probably fit into a large range (7-14). Middles to me are more independent and sassy and not as into all of the little things. I don't use sippy cups or binkies or diapers (nothing wrong with them) but I still LOVE cartoons and coloring and stuff. I'm small enough that I still want daddy to cuddle me and play with me and I still love my stuffies, but big enough that I'm kind of a smartmouth and need a little stricter rules and I wanna take care of you too
  • Like 9

This was how I described it to an anon a few weeks back but I'm still not satisfied completely with my answer:

I've been getting this question a lot lately so if anyone would like to correct me or add on, feel free. I want to add it to my FAQ and credit those who helped with the explanation.

:3 Just keep heading around here ever so often. I'm going to find some Info I can dig up too. :3 

I found this: 

• a babygirl is around 1 year - 4 years
  • a little girl is around 5 years - 8 years
  • a middle is around 9 years - 15 years

http://ddlgblog.tumblr.com/post/80917526609/this-may-be-a-silly-question-but-what-is-a

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with mostly the idea of 10 to 15 age. I personnaly feel like it's mostly the preteen age and I consider myself one (:

I think that a middle is someone who defines their age as 10-14. Like a tween. 

I define myself as a middle, but I call myself a little  ^_^

Sometimes if you fluctuate (like me) you can be a middle, but have days when you are more of a little or a baby girl.

• Like 2

To me a middle is more 4-5 but I guess I've been proven wrong by the other posts xP I always thought I was a middle because I don't use diapers, but I guess I suit more of a little girl since I still do childish things like colour or play with stuffies and junk.

Guest DominantBlogger

I think it might also be important to note you shouldn't get too hung up on labels.  The idea is for the label to give you a broad framework of understanding.  Not to pidgeon-hole you to a specfic definition wherein, "If I don't have this trait I am not this"

Just a thought... :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itsbabygirlbean

My Middle is very sexually curious. She's the one who will be sassy and have the sexual innuendo. She's also the bratty masochist. :D

• Like 5

I agree with everyone else, I'd say a middle is someone who feels 8-15ish. I'm kind of all over the place really but if I had to pick an age range I'd definitely say I'm a middle. I'm not so much into binkies and such, not that there's anything wrong with that at all but I still love my stuffies, my cartoons, and my coloring books. :)
  • Like 2

I'm just kind of discovering some "middle-ness" in me after years of knowing I was little. When life is stressful, it can be really hard for me to find my little space and so middle space is a way for me to experience the dynamic I have with Daddy J without becoming overwhelmed.

I don't really like to declare an age for myself, but I will say that when I'm in little space, I dont really "understand" sexuality and in middle space I definitely do. So for me the difference between littles and middles is pre/post pubescence if that makes sense?

• Like 2

Guest Prince

:3 Just keep heading around here ever so often. I'm going to find some Info I can dig up too. :3 

I found this: 

• a babygirl is around 1 year - 4 years
  • a little girl is around 5 years - 8 years
  • a middle is around 9 years - 15 years

http://ddlgblog.tumblr.com/post/80917526609/this-may-be-a-silly-question-but-what-is-a

What I am, 11-13. I found that on Tumblr to awhile back also.

I identify as a middle, and my age range is generally 12-14 - maybe 11 on occasion.

I would call anyone kinda in that tween/early teen age range a middle.

Guest sightsoblind
I don't actually name an age. I'm just me. I have good days and bad ones and if I get too bratty because my struggles are weighing a bit heavy daddy just goes. They grow up so fast. And reminds me to let it go and be free of grown worries again. I will regress all the way to binkies and nappies when I need extra TLC or for zoo day I can be nearly 13 complete with a trip to Clare's for new bangles or body glitter. (It's hard to scrub off and it makes daddy take his time finding it all in the shower exploring to make sure he got it all) so baby little middle you can be all or accept no label and just say "I'm happy and I'm me for I am a many splendored thing"
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I feel like someone should write one of those Buzzfeed quizzes like, "You know you are a middle if....."

To me, "middleness" is that feeling I get when I go shopping and can't stop staring at the hair accessories and cute tshirts. It also means I can binge watch stupid teen sitcoms and gorge myself on PLL or Scream Queens. It means loving all things early teenish but also being a big girl. It doesn't mean you don't like little stuff or don't want stuffies or being called "Baby Girl."

I think I'm happier for embracing it. :).

• Like 1

Guest Pouty Kitten

I think the more I explore with this lifestyle, the more I switch off from being little and middle! I don't have a specific age I identify with but my interests are widely varied.

I fluctuate.  Sometimes I'm more little-ish and sometimes more middle-ish.  I don't do paci's or diapers, but I like to color and watch Disney shows, but not baby shows and I don't baby talk.  I guess if I had to pick an age range I feel I would say it ranges from 5 or 6 to like 16, but I don't really like putting an age on it.  I'm just me. 

• Like 1

If one might call a 'Little' more akin to say 4 to 7, the next age group goes to 13/14 and those who do see themselves as Middles by interests and awareness although some folk are age fluid (and that is fine). In the end it's a (imperfect) label that gives people an idea of where we are in terms of our child-like side.

it doesn't mean you can't 'play' with people who are 'younger' which is what I did at the weekend, enjoying it.