DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Reason's for DDlg

Mezgoezrawrz

Because of some growing personal problems, I've been wondering if my reason's for wanting a Daddy are wrong. My depression seems to be on a forever downward spiral, and all the medication's I'm on doesn't help. I've attempted to OD before and because of it I have a paranoia about taking my meds. Instead I hide them and very rarely take them, which leaves me more lethargic and in immobilizing pain at times. Every time I even look at my meds, all I can think about is how nice it would be to have a Daddy Dom to help look out for me and make sure I don't try something stupid again.

I understand a big part about being a little is knowing that you can still be an adult when necessary, and as my meds are a necessity to making sure I can make it through the day, I feel like not wanting to take them kind of knocks me off the spectrum....if that makes any sense. I'm just wondering what are some reason's for wanting a Daddy, and which ones are actually acceptable, and not just childish? 

I believe everyone's reasons are different, and you can only feel what's right for you. If a daddy is what you want, I don't see anything wrong with that. I have a therapist myself and whereas he told me he doesn't approve of my lifestyle because everyone should aim to fulfill themselves and take care of themselves as grown-ups, I told him that I think it is a wonderful thing for those out there that are a bit fragile, in need of extra care and childlike, and I do believe many daddies do like to care for their little in the exact way you describe. Eventually he agreed. Not everyone are fully in charge of their own lives, and some need a bit more help than others, but I personally don't see this as a bad thing. I did until i found DDlg, but after finding it, I'm not looking back!

As for medication, I have OD several times in the past, and can fully understand your fear of medication. I wouldn't even take headachepills even if I was crying in pain. However, things change, and now I can manage it just fine without worrying, and recently started taking medications for anxiety which work wonders ^.^ It is important however, that if you are on medicine, you NEED to take it as it is prescribed. The side effects and rollercoaster your body will go through on a daily basis is really not good for you or your mental health. Much love ^.^

• Like 1

Its ok to want any potential Caregiver in your life to take an active roll in making sure you take care of yourself.

Its not ok to only want a caregiver for the sole purpose of dumping responsibility on them.

Its important to know that you are able to tale care of yourself, and before you become part of a relationship know that its a 2 way street. A healthy relationship means both partners can rely on each other, CG/l is no different.

Before thinking about having a Caregiver ask yourself if your ready to be a good partner. Not just another responsibility to add to someone else's list.

Caregivers do support and care for their littles but littles are also a support and care for their caregivers.

• Like 1

I believe everyone's reasons are different, and you can only feel what's right for you. If a daddy is what you want, I don't see anything wrong with that. I have a therapist myself and whereas he told me he doesn't approve of my lifestyle because everyone should aim to fulfill themselves and take care of themselves as grown-ups, I told him that I think it is a wonderful thing for those out there that are a bit fragile, in need of extra care and childlike, and I do believe many daddies do like to care for their little in the exact way you describe. Eventually he agreed. Not everyone are fully in charge of their own lives, and some need a bit more help than others, but I personally don't see this as a bad thing. I did until i found DDlg, but after finding it, I'm not looking back!

As for medication, I have OD several times in the past, and can fully understand your fear of medication. I wouldn't even take headachepills even if I was crying in pain. However, things change, and now I can manage it just fine without worrying, and recently started taking medications for anxiety which work wonders ^.^ It is important however, that if you are on medicine, you NEED to take it as it is prescribed. The side effects and rollercoaster your body will go through on a daily basis is really not good for you or your mental health. Much love ^.^

I'm glad your therapist came around because I have always been under the impression that they are not supposed to take such a judgmental stance and there are many therapists out there who know about DD/lg, CG/l and Littles and SUPPORT it. You deserve someone like that. I am lucky in that there is a local therapy practice in which the members are very familiar with the local kink scene and some are involved with it - they are very supportive and in fact were the people who challenged me to go to my first Bigs and littles munch. I have since switched therapists for one that does home visits - HOME VISITS OMG! - and she has proven to be less knowledgeable but equally supportive - and willing to learn more. She often asks me for suggestions on books and websites.

Mezgoezrawrz, as for reasons to want a Daddy or Caregiver relationship, there are so many, because each is as individual as the person themselves. The support you are looking for? No one would think twice - including you, I bet - if you said you were going to ask a friend to support you emotionally and help push you to take care of yourself and take your meds, right? But we don't always listen to our friends, and for many of us, it's hardwired to listen to our Daddies. Even as a brat, when Daddy is serious, I listen and do what he says. If that is what you think will help you stay healthy? Then that is a perfect reason to want a Daddy, period. My Daddy doesn't do everything for me and many times I have to stand alone on my own two feet, since He is military and deploys. I don't always like it and sometimes I want Him to just take charge and take over and do all the things, but that isn't what He is for. But so long as you are looking for someone to help you, not carry you completely, a Daddy could be exactly what you need.

• Like 1

Guest Princessaj

Hi, thanks for sharing and asking for our feedback.

I want a Daddy that is my best friend and I his.

I am big on friends first. I would ask myself..."How would I want a friend to take care of me?"

I suggest that your answer will depend on what kind of friend you are first.

Take a look in the mirror and really look at how you support and help others.

I had a near death experience and my friends did things to help me that I never would have imagined.

For the rest of my life I will try to repay them by being a good friend to them every day.

Daddy to middle, friend to friend, happiness and love to the very end. Hugs

• Like 1

well i have depression too and i actually really understand where you are coming from

i think that at times too - that im selfish and childish for wanting a daddy just so that they can look out for me

but in the end, i remember that i want a daddy for more than that and i realize that once, and when you find a daddy who loves you theyll look out for you always anyway. 

and this is just my oersonal opinion and/ or personal situation

but no one in my family knows that im a little and i've always been kind of little even before knowing what ddlg was

and then once i found out about it that little part/side of me just got even stronger but of course i can't possibly tell anyone about it so- as an effect i think that my little side of me has just started seeping out into my everyday thoughts and actions

so i dont know about you but as for me 

i think its ok to be a little well, "little" sometimes even when you have to be big, im sure that this is something lots if not all littles struggle with

• Like 1

No one could disagree with what Princess-P says,but I wonder what percentage of people this applies to ? Take "ordinary" couples; How many are based on "compatible" ... neurosis ?

At this time,you need help. You negotiate it where it's possible.

Well. I have anxiety and part of what I love about DDlg is I let go of choices and Daddy makes them for me. Now sometimes I still have to but for the most part he does. Is this wrong? I don't think so because we've both consented and it's part of our dynamic. I don't think wanting help with care is a bad reason for DDlg.