DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

So...I think I might be a switch...

Guest JoeKarr

Guest JoeKarr

Anyways...dear God, I still use anyways.  If that doesn't scream middle I don't know what does.

After talking a bit in-depth with one of my little friends on here, I've started to wonder if I was a switch.  

I love being a Daddy.  I love being able to nurture someone and them to rely on me.  I love feeling needed and I love feeling like someone needs me to care for them, give them direction, and just hold their hand through rough stuff.

But, since my last relationship has fallen apart I've regressed into, lets call him "Teenage Dirt Bag J".  I've noticed my musical tastes has reverted back to listening to things like All Time Low, some of Green Days earlier albums, Sum 41, All American Rejects, Bowling for Soup, Hey Monday, and the like.  This happens a lot when I'm dealing with any kind of stress as well.

My TV has been stuck on Disney XD and my DVR has a crap ton of teeny bopper-ish movies as does my iTunes account.  I'm also an avid CW watcher.

I've looked back on my personal history of how I deal with things when my relationships break down and when things are stressful at work.  The same thing happens.  Self deprecating humor increases, eye rolling increases, under my breath back talk towards strangers increase, and my use of, Whatevers, Bump-it, hellz-no, and any synonym of the phrase screw it becomes increasingly prevalent in my vocabulary.  And the punk-pop music comes out.  And watching The Duff, She's All That, Can't Hardly Wait, and The Breakfast Club.

My wardrobe is constant in terms of being casual (skater kicks, jeans, graphic T-shirt, any kind of hat, and what I affectionately call douche bag wrist accessories (geek watches, silicone wrist bands, or thick leather bracelets).  I mean I'll dress up for a special occasion or function.  I'm no stranger to a suit with a button down and oxfords or a polo sported with a pair of casual slacks.  But, my usual is the standard uniform for any teenage slacker.

I mean littles have their gear that they wear when they're in their little space.  And according to the "What is a middle" thread, females have their gear as well as the things that they do and how they behave.

That seems to be where my comfort zone is when I'm not in a relationship or I'm dealing with stresses in my life.  Being a 42 year old adolescent.  If I were to give my age range in terms of my behavior, it would be around 11-15 years old.

Is this a thing or am I just an immature man or just an asshole?

Is there such a thing as a straight male middle?

Edited by JoeKarr

Yeah I believe you can be a straight male little. I know of a few on the forum. They are rare but out there. Being little or a middle is an awesome way to get de-stressed. I say go with the flow and see where you go with it.

Guest JoeKarr

I've actually been going this way for years.  I just though I was emotionally stunted till a friend from here gave it a name and explained what it was like for her to be in little space.  It kinda opened my eyes to the other side of the dynamic more.

I've actually been going this way for years.  I just though I was emotionally stunted till a friend from here gave it a name and explained what it was like for her to be in little space.  It kinda opened my eyes to the other side of the dynamic more.

as long as you are happy it's all good. Keeping an open mind and learning more about yourself is never a bad thing