DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Keeping Up With Your Health?

Biscuits

Hiya there, so one of the large aspects of a dom and little relationship seems to be the cute stuff for the little. Online, there's many depictions of the relationship where the little has candy, cake, something sweet. Whenever the little is good, they seem to be rewarded with something not too particularly healthy for you. 

My partner thinks that it's a key part, and they spoil me with junk food (and period food, bless their heart). I try to lead a more raw vegan lifestyle and really don't want to gain weight and maybe become undesirable to them. 

What do you do health wise in your relationship or lifestyle? I actively take crossfit and am constantly on a diet, but the "good girl deserves a treat" thing has been getting to my figure.

Thank You,

Biscuits  :heart: 

You raise a very good point; I think there are lots of ways to reward one's Little without the food aspect- especially junk food and sweets. occasionally it's fine but daily and lots of it, I think is overkill.  I like to find other rewards for my Little, when I have one, that's just as pleasing but without all the sugar and calories. 

• Like 1

If you're concerned with your figure maybe you should talk to him about receiving different types of rewards? like coloring books or whatever kinda stuff you like :)

My daddy and I aren't all too concerned with my figure (so long as i dont suddenly gain 100lbs lmao) but I eat lots of fruits and veggies any way because they're yummy and I just like eating them!

• Like 1

Guest itsbabygirlbean

I don't recommend using food as a treat because that can be problematic. I like having a sweet treat every now and then because it makes it special (you only have it every so often).

For me, I like treats such a small toys or coloring books. Sometimes, I will get a doll if I'm extra good.

• Like 1

While I'm not a vegan, I try to eat as organically/naturally as possible (as does my partner). I used to be very overweight (210 at my heaviest). I've struggled with eating disorders for most of my life and finally reaching a healthy weight was a huge deal for me (I weigh 130).

Saying that...I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE treats :) If giving you food-related treats is something that your partner hugely enjoys doing (and something that you also enjoy eating), then maybe you should come up with better food-related treats. My favorite food is watermelon, so my partner will often get me some when it's in season as a treat. I don't feel bad eating it and I eat however much I want. What's some of your favorite healthy treats? Let your partner know what they are, so they can provide them for you as treats and you can BOTH feel good about it. 

Additionally, you can come up with other things that serve as treats. Fun date nights, watching your favorite cartoons, coloring books, stickers, toys, etc. Whatever things that your little side really loves. 

really don't want to gain weight and maybe become undesirable to them. 

As a side note...this comment made me feel concerned. I have found that when I'm monumentally worried about gaining weight and becoming "undesirable" that it really messes up my entire mindset and lifestyle. I try to never under-eat, and therefore under-fuel myself, because I know it begins a damaging cycle. Leading a healthy lifestyle is important, but your mental health is a part of that. I might suggest talking to your partner about these feelings so they can give you some reassurance. Gaining weight doesn't automatically make you undesirable and the likelihood of your weight fluctuating in your lifetime is extremely high. Odds are, your partner would love and desire you if you were a little "chubby" or a little "scrawny" and it's important for you to love yourself as well. 

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem! I don't have a daddy anymore... but I do need my caregiver to help me with my health. I've been losing a lot of weight lately and it seems the more I lose the happier I am. (i'm losing it the healthy way.) And it is sometimes hard to stay on track because I can be strict with my diet. I need my caregiver to make sure I keep it up because that ties into my mental health too.

Haha, with such a nickname, Biscuits, you set the conversation in the right direction. Food reward does not have to be junk food, is it? It could be a nice (and small) piece of home made cake or bio vegan chocolate... or just some fresh fruits ^^ ! The reward is about something you like and crave for, not about 'what the online depiction says a little should have'. And if you really have to stick to sweets, some are healthier than other (like dried fruits, etc.). But overall the reward is about the symbol and not really about the particular content -as long as it is yummy ;)

• Like 1

Haha, with such a nickname, Biscuits, you set the conversation in the right direction. 

Oh boy I didn't even notice what my name was, thank you for pointing that out, that was hilarious. 

My favorite food is watermelon, so my partner will often get me some when it's in season as a treat. I don't feel bad eating it and I eat however much I want. What's some of your favorite healthy treats?

I have found that when I'm monumentally worried about gaining weight and becoming "undesirable" that it really messes up my entire mindset and lifestyle. 

I just wanted to thank you for the lengthy and caring reply. Watermelon is bomb and i'll definitely try to have that around way more often. Also yeah, Im on the same boat with you for eating disorders. I just sort of cant get that mentality out of my head since I started purposefully starving myself around age 6 or 7, its been over 10 years that Ive been doing it, very engraved habit by now. Ill try to gather up the guts to sit down and talk with them, thank you again.

• Like 1

Guest Wolfsbabylove

maybe try fruit instead of candy,or really dark chocolate. I have a slow metabolism so if I don't stay active, it's easy for me to gain weight. Thankfully my workout plan keeps it in check.lol

• Like 1

Make the reward a healthy one? My Daddy asked me what my favorite treats were that he could reward me with and I straight up told him I won't be spoiled with cookies and candy - for health reasons, not vanity.

A hard caramel or peppermint is fine, square of dark chocolate and strawberries, fruit gummies ect.. Little treats and not in large portions. You gotta make him respect your wishes treat wise! >.<

• Like 1