DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Help for daddy~!

Cutekitten

My daddy have a anxiety, I'm not sure how to help him... do u have any advice? I'm trying my best, but maybe I do something wrong? I talk to him and comfort him, I don't think it's enough...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! The best person to answer you would be Sae, but from my experience, simply let him know that you are available for him and there to help! Attempt to take his mind off of the subject, if possible or attempt to get his focus onto something else, something positive!

Guest LavanderRabbit

My Daddy get sever anxiety attacks. He has medication for it, but I still try to talk him through and comfort him when I can. Sometimes the Anxiety comes with irrational thoughts, so I confirm to him they aren't true. For some littles, this may seem like a lot to handle, but we have become closer because of it. It would also be good to keep something like Lavender around to smell so it helps naturally calm him. My best friend gets bad anxiety too, but she is allergic to lavender and I started getting her to drink Chamomile tea.

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear that! I don't know how much my advice can help, but I've helped several people with their anxiety in the past. (Sae included!)

It's best to be present, but not intrusive I find. Let them know you're there, and that you care. You want to help. Help them get grounded, by letting them know you are there, and that everything is going to be okay. Let them know, if you know what's causing their anxiety, just how normal and manageable it is. Let them know you'll help them. The important thing is to help them feel safe, like the world isn't crashing down around them! You can probably find even more suggestions for how to help keep someone grounded during anxiety from the internet, or other people in this very forum.

I hope everything works out! And I hope your Daddy starts to feel better soon. Anxiety is horrible <3

I suffer from severe anxiety and one of the best things to relieve anxiety is comfort. For me that means stuffies, blankie, my binky, and Daddy, but for your Daddy it will surely mean other things. 

Anxiety can be really personal. Some people have issues opening up about anxiety, it's also hard because seeking help can be difficult because even if people say they understand, inside your mind, while you are having a panic attack you can feel like they might not, because they aren't going through it. So it can make it worst.

Much like my Daddy said (GentleDaddyDom). Comforting is important, you can do this in a lot of ways, helping them get grounded, there's a lot of 'games' and strategies out there to use.  You also can remind him to deep breathe. One thing that is really important is to help that person remind where they are, here and now. I suffer from anxiety and the worst thing is to start feeling like everything is crashing.  So if you are in a room, talk about what's around you.

You guys could also find things that ground your Daddy, food can be grounding. Stuff like chocolate, gum, ect. Scent is also super helpful with this. Candles and other things that smell pleasant. You also can try sounds, like music.  I think you also should ask your Daddy what is some stuff that relaxes or calms him. Some people like being in the same room as someone else, phone ect. Others don't. 

If you wants to be left alone, just remember to reach out and say you are there. But try and give him space because that also can be super overwhelming.

Don't blame yourself for his attack, and try and help him for not blaming himself.

Anxiety sucks. =( I'm really sorry your Daddy has to deal with it. 

I also deal with anxiety and have had some very severe panic attacks before.  It can be a very unpleasant experience, but you can definitely learn how to cope with it.

I think like most of the people here already said... just telling him that you're there to offer him support can do a lot to help.  I also think that when you do talk to him about it you could maybe ask him if there's something specific that might make him feel better?  Also, something that works really well for me is to just find something to do together to take your mind off of the anxiety.  It's not always easy but it can sometimes help.

Anyway, sorry he has to deal with it... and hopefully things are better in the future for him.

As a sufferer of anxiety myself, one the biggest comforts I had was having people that I could trust. I have social anxiety so most of my thoughts revolve on people hating me, or me annoying everyone. Having someone to always be there for you and having enough trust to know they'll always be there for you was so so helpful. So my recommendation is a lot of patience, and understanding that his anxiety stems from his mind and he can't help it. Get him to talk about and be open about when he's feeling anxious too.