DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Music Discussion

Guest Hi I'm Dad

I have many favorite artist and I love almost all genres. Country is my least favorite. I've played the piano for almost 18 years now and I've also been playing the flute for about 10 years. Music is a big part of my life and who I am!

Guest Hi I'm Dad

I have many favorite artist and I love almost all genres. Country is my least favorite. I've played the piano for almost 18 years now and I've also been playing the flute for about 10 years. Music is a big part of my life and who I am!

That's awesome! Muic is a huge part of my life as well being a musician

• Like 1

I do have to say that my favorite band is The Beatles! I fell in love with them when I was about 16. Sgt. Pepper is my favorite album of theirs and my favorite song is Yellow Submarine! I could go on and on about their music but I'm afraid I wouldn't stop lol.

Feel free to elaborate for both big and little : )

well big me loves anything from linkin part to billy joel to anything by the glee cast

little me loves listening to old 90s and 2000s theme songs, raffi, the wiggles, on top of old smoky, herman the worm, just to same some

Guest daddy's_little_shadow

Metal:

Pantera, Lacuna Coil, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, Metallica, Slipknot, System of a Down, Opeth, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, early Marilyn Manson, Black Label Society, Eyehategod, Rammstein, Tool, Korn, Deftones, AC/DC, A Perfect Circle, Meshuggah, etc.

Punk:

Black Flag, Bad Brains, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Bikini Kill, L7, Misfits, Bad Religion, Descendents, Rise Against, X-ray Spex, Green Day, etc.

Post punk: Joy Division, New Order, The Smiths, The Cure, Sonic Youth, etc.

All the other stuff:

The Horrorpops, Grimes, Nicole Dollanganger, My Chemical Romance, Hole, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, The Used, Kerli, some Lady Gaga, Boom Boom Satellites, Melanie Martinez, Blur, Oasis, Gorillaz, Suede, David Bowie, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes, Muse, Jonsie, Sigur Ros, Fever Ray, etc.

Edited by daddy's_little_shadow
  • Like 2

Metal:

Pantera, Lacuna Coil, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, Metallica, Slipknot, System of a Down, Opeth, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, early Marilyn Manson, Black Label Society, Eyehategod, Rammstein, Tool, Korn, Deftones, AC/DC, A Perfect Circle, Meshuggah, etc.

Punk:

Black Flag, Bad Brains, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Bikini Kill, L7, Misfits, Bad Religion, Descendents, Rise Against, X-ray Spex, Green Day, etc.

Post punk: Joy Division, New Order, The Smiths, The Cure, Sonic Youth, etc.

All the other stuff:

The Horrorpops, Grimes, Nicole Dollanganger, My Chemical Romance, Hole, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, The Used, Kerli, some Lady Gaga, Boom Boom Satellites, Melanie Martinez, Blur, Oasis, Gorillaz, Suede, David Bowie, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes, Muse, Jonsie, Sigur Ros, Fever Ray, etc.

Quite the list!!! I like....

Edited by Bjorn

• 1 month later...

oh, I'm obsessed with music, I've been this way for as long as I can remember, thanks to my dad, and the first thing I could remember was the chorus of 2 Minutes to Midnight by Iron Maiden. more than a decade later, I'm still into rock and metal, Iron Maiden included, and 2 Minutes to Midnight is my favorite song by them.

favorite bands, uh, it's complicated. y'see, to call a band or an artist my favorite, I need them to be consistently awesome. by this twisted logic, my favorite bands and artists are Motörhead, Rush, Alice in Chains, Morrissey, Candlemass, Accept, Moonsorrow, Charles Mingus, Crowbar, Sodom, Saint Vitus, Scott Weinrich (Wino) and Clutch (to name a few :D). but that doesn't mean that if a band is streaky I automatically hate it. I mean, Iron Maiden's albums post Seventh Son are rather crummy, and even Powerslave is full of filler (lol), but I like IM anyway. up the irons! anyway. yeah. my music taste is pretty much all over the place and I can at least tolerate and perhaps even learn to like anything that isn't straight-up electronica, raw avant-gardé, emo or simply crap.  :D

I'm also a drummer, and yeah, I've been bashing the skins for as long as I can remember. tried to learn the guitar a while ago, all to precisely zero success. yep. I'm done.

• 3 months later...
Guest princesshoneybear
Favourite Artist : Lana Del Rey, Chris Brown, Monsta X (K-Pop), Kokia (J-Folk), I dunno, I listen to many type of music, even classical hahaha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wiscodaddy89

It's a very diverse list but here goes!

My favorite is Marilyn Manson. Love him!

But anyway, I'm huge into Metal (Acid Bath anyone?), Punk of all sorts, Pop (Britney Spears), and I'm also into classical music as I played cello for 12 years. Oh...I'm also into Rap. I've been listening to $uicideboy$ a lot lately.

Guest lovebug1988

I love pretty much all music! but my favorites are, billy joel, toto, abba, panic at the disco, walk the moon, green day, nickleback, and 3 doors down!