DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Littlespace Room Ideas

PrincexPaci

So this topic has probably been posted a few times by different people over different time periods but I need some help of creating a littlespace room on a budget.

A few things to consider first:

1) I don't have a great budget yet but I can save up and buy a few stuff on a weekly or monthly basis depending on the expenses.

2) I currently live where I work. This means I can't change the room completely only add subtle stuff to the room like blankets and teddies etc. I can probably use the excuse that I work with children to bring a couple stuff into the room it just means I have to share certain things

3) I live in the UK so if you suggest any shops/stores of where to get stuff from I can use please could they at least post to the UK if they are an American or International company? 

Now that said my little age is between 2-6 and one of the children I look after is 4 so its kind of a good age to interact with her without any too awkward of questions. I'm gender-neutral but slowly leaning to more girly stuff so open to options for girly and tomboy themes.

If anyone has any suggestions Thank you In Advance

since you are living where you work, why not just make an emergency little kit? that way, you can pack it all away when it's not in use but you can bring it out when you need it?

* cute bag of some kind (i like backpacks, but that's just me)

* extra snuggly warm blanket (this can probably go on the end of your bed in colder months, any home good store should have good blankies in cute styles)

* your favorite back up stuffy (something that has a crinkly sound or very silky edges can be very soothing and look too little for general display)

* a paci or teether (your grocery store / all purpose store should have these)

* your favorite cute t-shirt and/or onesie and/or pj's (you would be surprised by how many cute things there are in normal clothing stores! just do some searching)

* sippy cup (grocery store/etc)

* coloring book and crayons and/or markers and/or pencils

* a sketch book if you like to draw

* a soother / silky - a square piece of fabric that may or may not have an animal. they have these for soothing tiny babies and you should be able to find them in your local baby goods store or maybe at a grocery store

For things that you can keep out, i like getting socks with fun patterns or bright colors or lacey trim! they are an easy, family friendly, cheap and quick way to get into little space, and no one can get mad at you for having socks!

• Like 4

What are your favourite colours and are you open to shopping online or only in-store?

I'm open to shopping both online and in store and I like colour combinations. For example pink and purple together or blue and yellow together or black and white together

Guest WaterNymphh

I think the best idea for you would be to DIY crafts or to go to thrift stores. I'll try to keep this short and not too complicated.

Wall decals

I actually don't know how much wall decals cost where you are, but they shouldn't be too much since they are basically just fancy wall stickers. They have really nice mature ones (that still seem whimsical and not too childish) and fit to any aesthetic. I think they should be able to come off easily. It would depend on the type/brand/etc.

Pillows

Pillows/cushions are typically very cheap. If you are lucky you could find some plain cushions from the thrift store or dollar-store. Full sized pillows tend to be a bit more expensive. If you are feeling artsy you could buy plain pillow cases from a dollar-store and dye them to however it fits your room theme/aesthetic. There are also cute little iron-on patches to embellish (not the most comfortable to sleep on. Save those for the cushions ^^ ;).

Stuffies

You say you are gender but also leaning toward feminine items, stuffies shouldn't be a problem to find. You're never too old for a stuffie! 

Online Suppliers

These all should be UK-based Etsy stores. I tried to find ones that were more decor-based than clothing based.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/littledazzler - Sells handmade yarn dolls

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheCraftStudioNotts - Sells fabrics

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CraftsByBecks - Makes frames

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JosBabyGifts - Handmade dolls/stuffies

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Lynseysplace - They make the most adorable little pom pom crafts

These shops are a good place to start. However, this search in general is a goldmine.

Good search prompts: Little girl, baby girl, children's room.

Bad search prompts: Anything with DDLG in it. Unless you are looking for kink/sexual related items.

I hope this helped, and I'm sorry this took so long! I hope the Etsy shops help. The hand crafted dolls tend be to be a bit expensive, but it's a hit or miss or prices, really. The amount of work put in will usually justify the prices.

Craft Stores

If you ever consider DIY art stores, fabric stores, and thrift stores are usually the place to go for supplies and they tend to be worth it. I just suggest you know what you are doing before you buy supplies, so as to not waste money.

I hope this helps you, and I wish you luck on your Little Room creation!

Edited by WaterNymphh
  • Like 2

I think the best idea for you would be to DIY crafts or to go to thrift stores. I'll try to keep this short and not too complicated.

Wall decals

I actually don't know how much wall decals cost where you are, but they shouldn't be too much since they are basically just fancy wall stickers. They have really nice mature ones (that still seem whimsical and not too childish) and fit to any aesthetic. I think they should be able to come off easily. It would depend on the type/brand/etc.

Pillows

Pillows/cushions are typically very cheap. If you are lucky you could find some plain cushions from the thrift store or dollar-store. Full sized pillows tend to be a bit more expensive. If you are feeling artsy you could buy plain pillow cases from a dollar-store and dye them to however it fits your room theme/aesthetic. There are also cute little iron-on patches to embellish (not the most comfortable to sleep on. Save those for the cushions ^^ ;).

Stuffies

You say you are gender but also leaning toward feminine items, stuffies shouldn't be a problem to find. You're never too old for a stuffie!

Online Suppliers

These all should be UK-based Etsy stores. I tried to find ones that were more decor-based than clothing based.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/littledazzler - Sells handmade yarn dolls

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheCraftStudioNotts - Sells fabrics

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CraftsByBecks - Makes frames

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JosBabyGifts - Handmade dolls/stuffies

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Lynseysplace - They make the most adorable little pom pom crafts

These shops are a good place to start. However, this search in general is a goldmine.

Good search prompts: Little girl, baby girl, children's room.

Bad search prompts: Anything with DDLG in it. Unless you are looking for kink/sexual related items.

I hope this helped, and I'm sorry this took so long! I hope the Etsy shops help. The hand crafted dolls tend be to be a bit expensive, but it's a hit or miss or prices, really. The amount of work put in will usually justify the prices.

Craft Stores

If you ever consider DIY art stores, fabric stores, and thrift stores are usually the place to go for supplies and they tend to be worth it. I just suggest you know what you are doing before you buy supplies, so as to not waste money.

I hope this helps you, and I wish you luck on your Little Room creation!

Thank you will check out those stores but just worried about putting wall decals up. I think a poster or picture in a frame isn't too bad as long as I don't leave marks but idk

Guest WaterNymphh

You don't have to put holes in the walls to put up photos, they have those sticky hook thingies that you can stick onto your wall. I agree, decals are a bit on the iffy side. You also wouldn't want your room to be too cluttered, so I would say but things you really, really want and make them the highlights of your space.

How big is your home? And do you live in a studioapartment or something? I can't see how else you could't be able to just have a seperate littleroom that's locked off when at work :) 

But hey, fairy lights are kinda childish, but still trendy enough that you would be able to have it in a room without people suspecting you're a little

How big is your home? And do you live in a studioapartment or something? I can't see how else you could't be able to just have a seperate littleroom that's locked off when at work :)

I work as a live in au pair/nanny so that's why I can't change the room too much just add little changes that are easy to take or down move around for when/if I leave this job. My room would be the only place can have my littlespace unless I count playing with the children and even then its not the same

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use Aliexpress for so much. I bought 2m of fairy lights for $2, and a bunch of 3D butterfly wall stickers for $0.8. You could easily stick them on with blu-tac, so they can be removed without leaving any marks. :)

One of my favourite things that I have is a star projector. I bought it on eBay for about $4. You can have it with flashing coloured stars, or just constant white ones. It's really peaceful and fun. :) 

• Like 1