DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Birthday present for Daddy

Guest Arc

My Daddy's birthday is coming up in September, but I'm already super excited and want to sort out his birthday present now. But... I'm really stuck. Nothing seems good enough for him and I need ideas. D:

So far I'm giving him a unicorn stuffie, his favourite candy, and my journal. He loves my writing because he says it makes him feel good to hear about my feelings (I'm bad at communicating my feelings and my writing is the only way he ever gets to know how I feel about us), so I thought I would give him my journal so he can read about how happy he makes me. He doesn't know I keep a journal so it will be a really nice surprise for him, but I still want to get him something more.

What have you given your Daddy before? What do you think would be a nice gift for a Daddy? 

Thanks xo

• Like 1

I think it would be a bit funny to give him typical Daddy gifts, like a tie or parfume.

You can also give him something that interests him like videogames for example

• Like 1

Actually, the journal thing sounds really good! The best gifts I've ever received from any partner was all "homemade" items such as drawings, small crafting items and so on.

And you can write him a cute birthday card, with a really bad pun (something like this)53b95cdc8ddf608908939e5823bd80ec.jpg

• Like 1

Speaking from a daddy's point of view.. the best gifts I've received are personal ones; anything home made that shows you thought about me usually means more than something bought (though that can be amazing too if it obviously has some kind of thought or meaning). But I'm the kind of person who will keep stickers a little sticks on me.. anything that is a happy memory reminder.

Because of your explanation, your journal idea sounds perfect!! His favourite candy obviously works lol, the unicorn stuffie if that has meaning to both of you then yesssss

Also as Peter said, drawings, hand made card, anything like that.. as long as you're doing it for him, from the heart, your daddy will adore everything (and you)!!

• Like 1

Guest BabyG

The journal sounds so cute! When my daddy is down or needs cheering up it can be really hard to do when I'm not there- we're long distance at the moment-  anyway I send him cute polaroids of myself and he sticks them up by his desk  :wub:

Guest Princessaj

Happy Birthday to your Daddy! What a fun puzzle.

You have such a wonderful selection of very meaningful gifts already arranged.

For one more, not an original idea, but I think that making a special Birthday Coupon Book for your Daddy to choose from when he wants to, is clever. Maybe 12 coupons, one a month for the months of the upcoming year and maybe renew it for the next birthday?

Ideas for the coupons can be silly small that you know will absolutely drive him mad in a good way...

1. something private perhaps, sexy time something special...

2. doing for him a chore/task that you know he dislikes...

3. a total surprise...something that you know he has mentioned in passing, again something small...

Your intention, care, love and appreciation for him is the best gift of all. Go for it! Hugs!

Thank you all for your ideas <3 

The pun card is a good idea! I can draw it and colour it in myself which I know Daddy will love :) 

I'm so surprised everyone likes the journal idea. I thought it sounded a little silly, but I feel so much better about it now. :) It's just hard because I want to give my Daddy everything. I'm not sure I could ever find something I could think was good enough for him because he deserves everything for how amazing he is =^.^=