DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

I hurt my Daddy and I feel bad:(

Guest Stinkin'ol'Fred

Guest Stinkin'ol'Fred

I'm new to this community but I come here for advice because I've read lotsa good things before signing in.

I hurt my Daddy. And now we haven't talked much at all in almost a week. Words.

Words are powerful. I let my words run away the best man I've ever had in my life. I acceped responsibility for what I done. And I understand he may not ever forgive me. But is there any advice at all anyone can give me on this?

Anyone ever been here? I'm completely torn up over this I miss him desperately. I don't want it to be over between us. I really need a pick me up as well. Cuz I come from alotta hurt.

• Like 1

If you're in a ldr (long distant relationship) maybe try calling him. Make sure to say sorry and tell him how thankful you are for his love. Express your deep feelings to him and make sure to make a card or something sweet. 

Guest Stinkin'ol'Fred
Thank you. I will definitely reiterate my love. I've asked for forgiveness and he told me he could forgive me but he told me to find my peace. I'maa assuming that means I accept your apology but leave me alone. He left the line of communication open if I truly need something but made it clear he did not want to chit chat. Maybe if I really make up for it things could be at least okay but I'm not wanting to pressure him

Perhaps he needs some self-care before he is able to reconnect with you. Not giving him time and space sounds like it would be counterproductive to his healing process. I know it's difficult to not seek out forgiveness and validation, but forgiveness is not easily handed out by everyone. Learning from this mistake is the best thing you can do. 

Hope it all turns out well.

Guest Stinkin'ol'Fred
Today we are way better than in the last week. He reached out to me to ask a favor of me and him trusting me to do anything for him is a big step in a good direction. Thank you for your insight as well