Business Owners?

Greenegirl

I was just wondering if there were any other small business owners on here? A friend and current coworker are trying to open our own small business and are reaching out for any advice we can get.

We know we want to open a bakery that has a large gluten free recipe base as well as regular sweets and breads, but we are having troubles with starting our business plan.

Thanks for any tips and tricks! :)

Guest 7rae_4_lyfe
There is a lot to consider - business structure ( LLC, sole proprietor, partnership, etc.) - basically how you want the business organized. Something else to look at is overhead costs vs customer base - you want to make sure that any fixed and allocable costs for the product don't exceed the cost to sell - that sounds simple enough but it is something that a lot of people overlook. You also wanna look into food service laws ( Google cottage food laws). You can PM me if you wanna talk more about it - there is a lot to think about but I would be happy to talk through things with ya :) good luck!
  • Like 1

Guest Foxling

I'm in the process of starting an editing business, still looking for advice as well, though things in the Netherlands are probably different from the US. 

Good luck, in any case!